+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5012Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by AmyKay View Post
    Kris' show, Kim's baby, Khloe's marriage issues, and now this with Kourtney...they need to call it quits IMO
    You forgot Kim's scripted marriage & husband who just wouldn't lie down like a rug & take their carp afterwards.
    I doubt they will call it quits, but it sure does seem like their own poor decisions & tackiness are imploding them. They're becoming nothing more than scandal fodder. Although, that's what got them started in the first place.

This is one tacky family. Sooner or later they're going to be an embarassment to even themselves. Their selfish misdeeds have already begun to blow up in their selfish faces. You can't buy off or lawyer up everyone. When Kim & Kanye implode & they try to bulldoze him, they're in for an eye opening.

The only one I have any sympathy for is Khloe. A marriage you thought was good blowing up in this way is painful. That part wasn't her doing.
    libgirl2 and AmyKay like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

FORT Fogey

I just read an on-line Los Angeles Times report that Diahann Carroll has indeed been signed to play Denzel Washington's mother in the new Broadway production of A Raisin in the Son that's set to debut March 8. The report was filed three days ago, so I assume that means the earlier, and widely reported, National Enquirer report that she was suffering from dementia and could no longer remember enough song lyrics to sing was inaccurate (and cruel, IMO). The Broadway gossip at the same time as the NE article had been that she was in talks to play the role, so I guess the Broadway spies were more accurate.

The article does indicate that it's been corrected since it's original filing, but if you scroll all the way to the end of the article, the correction has nothing to do with Carroll. It's with regard to A Raisin in the Sun being referred to in the original article as having won the Pulitzer Prize when it had not. Just a fact checker issue.

That story about Dianne Carroll is really terrible. Those people really don't have a heart, do they?

I don't think the Kardashian/Jenner crowd can be embarrassed. I don't think they have enough in the way of normal thinking that allows them to feel bad about what has happened to them. In fact, I think that Khris Jenner is rather happy when their names appear in headlines, no matter what the story is. I suspect Kris doesn't have a heart either.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

When the Kardshians get up in the mornings, I'm guessing they end their morning grace with the phrase, "And thank you Lord for helping us to understand that there is no such thing as bad publicity! Amen."
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    That story about Dianne Carroll is really terrible. Those people really don't have a heart, do they?

I don't think the Kardashian/Jenner crowd can be embarrassed. I don't think they have enough in the way of normal thinking that allows them to feel bad about what has happened to them. In fact, I think that Khris Jenner is rather happy when their names appear in headlines, no matter what the story is. I suspect Kris doesn't have a heart either.
    When I couldn't find any source for the Carroll story but the NE, I got immediately suspicious, especially since the Broadway gossip sites were reporting then what the LA Times eventually reported. I knew one of them had to be wrong, and since the only sources the National Enquirer had were nameless "close friends," I was putting my money on the Broadway sites, where the story was at least not personal. At worst, if they'd been wrong, it would have been a job-related issue--i.e. they decided to offer the part to someone else or Carroll turned it down. Of course, if she had turned it down, I suppose the NE would have used that as "proof" that their story was right. What's really mean is that either "friends" of hers did get the Enquirer the story or the Enquirer just made it up. Either way, you'd think Carroll might end up doubting which people in her life she can really trust, which is a shame. I hope she continues to work on White Collar, which she could, since they shoot in NYC and her part is relatively small, because I enjoy her work there and because, from all accounts, Matt Bomer and Tim DeKay work hard at keeping the shooting of that show as fun as possible in the midst of the hard work, and I'd think they'd be very supportive of her and quick to stomp on any rumors of the type the Enquirer tried to spread.

Okay. I posted awhile back when Beyonce released a photo of herself holding baby Ivy while in a hot tub. I didn't understand why she would have thought it was a good idea, considering experts and CDC advise against it. I wonder about her at times. I understand the need for her fans to think she's a safe parent. Okay, no one is perfect, but,

Then today I saw a video and photo of her riding with her baby in a convertible. I don't think it's illegal, but why expose your baby to riding in a convertible. It's so unnecessary. Plus, experts recommend that you keep your baby in a rear facing safety seat for as long as possible and always at least until age 2. Baby Ivey is under 2 (born 1/7/12). She is clearly in a forward facing seat in the Rolls Convertible. She could be hit by debris on the road, someone throwing something from their vehicle, etc. Plus the wind blowing right into the baby's face. I have ridden in convertibles many times and it's very windy. Plus, the sun was super hot in NY yesterday. I just don't get this lady. Doesn't she stop to think about safety issues? If she does this in public, I wonder what she does in private.

I won't even address the issue of whether anyone riding in the car had a seat belt on.

Beyonce drives Jay Z, Blue Ivy in vintage Roll-Royce - NYPOST.com

Here's a couple of links about the safety recommendation:
    The Car Seat Lady - Rear-Facing Seats

Child Safety Seats Index & Overview

FORT Fogey

My pediatrician instructed us to keep the car seat as rear-facing for one year, and then turn it around. Obviously different experts have different opinions, but that was the recommendation of the expert I trusted the most, who knew my kids closely, and that's what I followed. When my kids were babies, I can remember being overwhelmed at times by the judgement that people seemed to put on me - whether or not I handled breast feeding right, car seats, how I handled my kids in the grocery, at church, etc. It always drove me nuts, because the people who knew me well didn't seem to judge much, but the people who didn't know me and only saw a tiny snippet of my life seemed to have many opinions - and I was shocked at how many were willing to express them either with facial expressions or by actually saying things (strangers telling me what to do absolutely shocked me the first couple of times it happened!) I remember how much it upset me until I realized it was par for the course and let it start rolling off my back. I cannot even imagine how tough that much be for celebrity moms who not only have strangers they encounter, but also photos taken that are scrutinized by so many more. Everything I've ever seen about Blue Ivy indicates that Beyonce and Jay-Z adore her and have her best interests at heart. That's good enough for me.

Obviously different experts have different opinions,
    There is NO expert who would recommend that a child under the age of 1 ride in a forward-facing car seat. Most recommend children remain rear-facing as long as possible. It's a safety thing, not a vanity thing.

This isn't about being judgmental about a person's parenting choices. This is pointing out ignorance, selfishness, self-absorption, etc. If these parents were so doting, loving, caring, blah blah blah blah, they would do what other caring and reasonably intelligent people do - research and learn about safety and make choices which are in your child's best interests. Putting your child in danger is never in their best interest and I don't care if you are a celebrity or live in a trailer park, the same rules and expectations apply to all.

Clearly, you can add common sense to the list of things money can't buy.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

FORT Fogey

As I said, my kids were in a rear facing car seat until they were one, and then we turned it around. It wasn't a vanity thing. It was because my pediatrician recommended that, and I trust him. Blue Ivy is over 1. So had my kids been her age and someone saw them in a car seat, the same judgement could have been placed on me. I was not ignorant, selfish or self-absorbed. I was following the instructions of an expert I trusted and still trust. If Blue Ivy were a three month old infant, I'd see the point. But in this specific case, there are experts and good parents who do the same thing that Beyonce and Jay Z did.

According to the material I read, the recommendations changed a year or two ago about the recommendations for staying in rear facing until age 2. It was increased due to the statistics that indicated it was needed.

+ Reply to Thread