+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4602Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    "It ended up being great because it was a good adventure," Morrow said.
    Have any of them been working/acting lately?

Yeah. Rob Morrow's been doing "Numbers" and Chad Lowe is currently on "24". Fisher Stevens... I haven't seen him in ages. (No disassemble #5! )

Just read that comedian Richard Jeni has committed suicide. *sigh*
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Just saw that too Broadway

Comedian Jeni dies in apparent suicide - Yahoo! News

WEST HOLLYWOOD, Calif. - Richard Jeni, a standup comedian who played to sold-out crowds, was a regular on the "Tonight Show" and appeared in movies, died of a gunshot wound in an apparent suicide, police said Sunday.

Police found the 45-year-old comedian alive but gravely injured in a West Hollywood home when they responded to a call Saturday morning from Jeni's girlfriend, Los Angeles Police Officer Norma Eisenman said.

Eisenman said the caller told police: "My boyfriend shot himself in the face."

Jeni died at a nearby hospital.

Eisenman said suicide had not been officially confirmed and the investigation was continuing.

Jeni regularly toured the country with a standup act and had starred in several HBO comedy specials, most recently "A Big Steaming Pile of Me" during the 2005-06 season.

Another HBO special, "Platypus Man," won a Cable ACE award for best standup comedy special, and formed the basis for his UPN sitcom of the same name, which ran for one season.

Jeni's movie credits included "The Mask," in which he played Jim Carrey's best friend, "The Aristocrats," "National Lampoon's Dad's Week Off," and "An Alan Smithee Film: Burn, Hollywood, Burn."

He had guest appearances in the TV shows "Everybody Hates Chris," "Married: With Children," and updated versions of the game shows "Hollywood Squares" and "Match Game."

The Brooklyn-born comic first received national attention in 1990 with the Showtime special "Richard Jeni: Boy From New York City." Two years later, his "Crazy From the Heat" special attracted the highest ratings in Showtime's history.

Jeni became a frequent guest on "The Tonight Show" during Johnny Carson's reign and continued to appear after Jay Leno took over as host.

He also wrote comic material for the 2005 Academy Awards, which was hosted by his friend Chris Rock

I just saw it, too. How sad. He was a very funny man.

Quote Originally Posted by rt1ky;2275335;
    Have any of them been working/acting lately?
    I believe Morrow's show counts as a bona-fide hit. Its gotten better numbers for the relatively crappy Friday 10PM than anything else in a long time, I believe.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2275764;
    I believe Morrow's show counts as a bona-fide hit. Its gotten better numbers for the relatively crappy Friday 10PM than anything else in a long time, I believe.
    Absolutely. Perhaps on any other night it may not be, but on a Friday night it definitely pulls in "big" numbers.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Thanks. I haven't heard of them in a while. I was wondering if they hadn't been rescued if it would hae affected any shows.

for Salma Hayek. I hope they're happy and the baby is fine.

for Tom Brady: Trouble ahead.

for Richard Jenni. That's a pretty poignant way to go.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

LG.
    Very sad to read about Richard Jeni. I always liked his comedy.

As for the lost skiers, I always watch Numb3rs, so I would have missed him. Yes, I'm pretty much always home on Friday nights. Woo hoo, wild social life.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

I thought Parker Stevenson when I read Fisher Stevens. I have no idea who that is. But Frank Hardy (or was it Joe?) - him I recognize. I was wondering what an old fogey like that was doing skiing in the fog with a couple of young whippersnappers. Although Chad Lowe is up there, too, I guess…

I need something else to do today.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

+ Reply to Thread