+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5272Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Heard, on the radio yesterday, that Diahann Carroll is suffering from dementia. She is 76 years old.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Another theory about where the baby's names came from .... homage to Princess Diana?
    Prince George's Name Decoded: Check Out the Princess Diana Connection | E! Online
    AmyKay likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    I thought Diana's dress was Green?

I alsp thought it was sweet that they matched and BOTH wore blue ... because it's a boy!
    It looks blue to me, and I remember it looking blue at the time.
    Google Image Result for http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/02606/william_2606397b.jpg

It was a greenish blue
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Heard, on the radio yesterday, that Diahann Carroll is suffering from dementia. She is 76 years old.
    Oh, no :-(

FORT Fogey

Three days ago, it was also reported that Diahann Carroll had been cast as playing Denzel Washington's mother in a new Broadway production of A Raisin in the Sun.

I have no idea which story, if either one, is true, but they certainly are a huge contrast to one another. BTW, the only source I can find on-line for the dementia story, and the one various other sites are citing as the source for the story, is the National Enquirer. The report itself is pretty vague, mentioning only "close friends" of the actress as their informants.

If it is true, what a rotten thing for close friends to do, particularly since they're claiming she's only in the early stages of dementia. If someone's really a friend, you let her make news like that public in her own way and her own time. But again, it is the National Enquirer. It's not that they're never right, but I personally think you need to take anything they print with an enormous grain of salt.

I'll be looking to see if Diahann appears in the new season of White Collar in her recurring role.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Did anyone catch Tim McGraw and Faith Hill last night on Tim's (ACM Superstar) special? They had a lot of performers from various categories of music. I was quite surprised at Faith. I'm not sure what she was aiming for in her performance, but it was rather bizarre. It was more how she performed than how she sang. Tim was a little bizarre too. Has anyone heard what's going on with them? I've always enjoyed both of their music.

Tim McGraw's ACM special includes Faith Hill, Taylor Swift, Lady Antebellum, and more - CSMonitor.com

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Oh how sad!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I did several searches about Diahann Caroll and the only source I found that is reporting that dementia story is the National Enquirer. Not that they don't sometimes break stories, but I'm waiting until a more reliable news source - preferably including confirmation from her people - to cover the story as well. If it's not true, that's just mean-spirited. If it IS true, then it's just tragic. She's 78, so she's the right age...
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread