+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4945Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

I think( hope) they will be a happy little family, with the queen as great grandma. I remember her mother, she was so fond of all the children, and implied once( like I do) she is glad to see them, and glad to see them go
    I recall an interview, during some stuffy interview, they asked Harry what he called his grandmother 'The Queen,' he said grandmother what do you call yours

The only pressure Kate will be under, will be that of the paparazzi- and we all know how William feels about that
    ness and libgirl2 like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post

The only pressure Kate will be under, will be that of the paparazzi- and we all know how William feels about that
    Considering they are already calling her on still having a baby "bump", I agree. For God's sake she just had the baby the day before!
    ness likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    Considering they are already calling her on still having a baby "bump", I agree. For God's sake she just had the baby the day before!
    Oh yes, her mummy tummy is still there. ( duh) The media is an @SS.
    ness, libgirl2 and Coco46 like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I thought that the public didn't know, until hours afterward, about the baby's birth was because the queen had to be told FIRST. I'm guessing it's up to her to give the go-ahead for the announcement, via protocol.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Well she could have had the baby a week ago, she looks great and normal. It takes awhile and hard work to loose the baby bump.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I guess I think of things very differently than many people. Just because Kate had a makeup and hair person attend to her before she went out with the baby, I wouldn't feel that I needed to look so polished after my baby was born. I noticed the tv reports that showed the hair and makeup person going into the hospital. One was carring Kate's dress.

Maybe once you mature, you don't feel the pressure quite so much. I don't think I have lowered my standards, I'm just more gentle on myself. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I guess I think of things very differently than many people. Just because Kate had a makeup and hair person attend to her before she went out with the baby, I wouldn't feel that I needed to look so polished after my baby was born. I noticed the tv reports that showed the hair and makeup person going into the hospital. One was carring Kate's dress.

Maybe once you mature, you don't feel the pressure quite so much. I don't think I have lowered my standards, I'm just more gentle on myself. lol
    Well, I also have to assume that a billion people weren't watching you leave the hospital!!

My son's name is George (named after his grandfather). He is 3.5. I mentioned this in the CE Light thread - for the first few years, I called him Georgie because George just seemed like too grown up a name for a baby. The name also had to grow on me - I wasn't a fan. Now I actually like it and strangely, it fits him. The funny part to me is that "g" is a tough letter for young children to say, so it took my son almost 3 years to be able to to say his own name!!
    ness likes this.

She wore a fairly simple dress. I know I popped on some lipstick when I left with baby #1, and I loved washing my hair before that. It made me feel better, to heck with anyone else
    ness likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

There's just a smidge more pressure on a princess who has the eyes of the world on her to look pulled together when she leaves the hospital than there is on the average new mom. Even so, I thought Kate looked a little worn out and overwhelmed ... certainly with good reason! I love that she wore a sky blue dress with white polkadots like Diana. That was very touching.

I like the name George; it was the name of a beloved uncle of mine. But I kinda wish they had named him Alexander George instead. It's much more modern while still bowing to tradition, like his parents. I'd just like to hear the little boy referred to as Prince Alex! It's much cuter.

Sure, I don't fault her for trying to look nice since so many eyes were on her. I just wouldn't translate that to my personal life. The commentaters seemed to imply that Kate had set the bar so high and that now all women have to live up to her standard of looking so beautiful the day after giving birth. I think it's an unfair expectation.

+ Reply to Thread