+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4589Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

I swear, if I were her, I'd be changing my address. Some things just aren't worth it. Sometimes, you just can't save people from themselves.
    Debb70 likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Rae Dawn Chong needs to go sit her no-acting-career having ass down somewhere.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    Rae Dawn Chong needs to go sit her no-acting-career having ass down somewhere.
    She needs to just shut the bleep up, and as Whoopi said, stop talking!
    bee stung lips likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Apparently they've named the royal baby George Alexander Louis. There's a part of me that keeps hoping that at some point, perhaps early in the pregnancy, Harry, Pippa, James, Will, and Kate sat around snorting with laughter as they came up with completely inappropriate names. "Hey, if it's a boy, lets leak the name Sherlock Elton Beckham to the paps and see if anyone bites!" "And if it's a girl, we can tell them she's being named Royal Spice!"

Meanwhile I saw an ad for some gossip show--ET maybe?--announcing that Kate has PPD because of all the impossible pressure put on her by the queen. Good grief, she hasn't even been home from the hospital for a day. How could the press possibly know if she had PPD already? Plus, I kinda think that if the queen got too nasty with Kate that Will might just tell his grandma to bugger off.
    libgirl2 and AlwaysVeg like this.

ET is guessing, they have absolutely no idea - idiots. I am sure she is glad to be home, and its obvious the queen loves her as much as she loves William
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Oh yes. Kate seems to be the wonderful, adoring, appropriate granddaughter that the Queen only dreamed of having. I see no problem there.

I was hoping for a James or Philip, but I do like Alexander. Any chance he'll be called Alex or Xander? lol

George Alexander Louis?

Hmmm . . .

I TOTALLY get where the "George" and "Louis" are coming from, but does anybody know the whys and wherefores and whencecomeths of "Alexander"?

I KNOW one of QEIIs middle names is "Alexandra", so maybe it's to honor her?

Just nosy.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    George Alexander Louis?

Hmmm . . .

I TOTALLY get where the "George" and "Louis" are coming from, but does anybody know the whys and wherefores and whencecomeths of "Alexander"?

I KNOW one of QEIIs middle names is "Alexandra", so maybe it's to honor her?

Just nosy.
    Alexandra goes back to Queen Victoria, they just made it masculine. I would have liked that as a first name. George seems kind of old. And the George's of England's past were not the greatest. Madness, infidelity, excess.... the list goes on. Then again, Elizabeth's father was George VI and by all accounts a real nice guy.
    Last edited by libgirl2; 07-24-2013 at 07:25 PM.
    ness, tapper01 and AlwaysVeg like this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Here is an explanation of the names.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-23444082
    ness likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I think George is a great name. It's a good solid traditional name.
    Traditional names are a bigger thing now than they were before. I'm glad they didn't give him one of those trendy new names. They always seem so shallow & pretentious. Kind of like the Blue Ivy's of the world.

George was the Queen's father, & grandfather too for that matter. She's going to love that. He's the one who The King's Speech was about.
    I like that they're honoring him. And it's an honor to the Queen too.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

+ Reply to Thread