+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4948Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

FORT Fogey

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

It will be interesting to see how the Cambridges work together as parents. I know Will hated the paps, even as a child, and he has more reason now to feel protective of his wife and child with regard to them, given what happened to Diana. I expect he'll want as normal a family life as possible and may fight for that if he has to do so. I wouldn't even be surprised to see him stand up to his grandmother, queen or no queen, if she gets too critical of how he and Kate are choosing to parent their child, though he will have to strike some kind of balance between providing the English people (and the rest of the interested world) some access to, or at least glimpses of, their child as he grows up, since he'll be third in line to the throne and his interest in the boy having a reasonably happy, stable childhood.

I know some are already speculating that the Middletons, whom Will enjoys spending time with, will help quite a bit in providing a relatively normal, non-royal family environment for the Cambridges, as they're a close family who have the option of being more relaxed than the royal family.

Congratulations to Will and Kate on their birth of their first baby! How long do you think she will stay in the hospital with the baby?

Here's a photo of a guy that I find super sexy. Jake Owen. He's a country singer. He recently split his pants on stage and had to take his shirt off and wear it on his crotch area. lol

Jake Owen and More of Country's Hottest Guys Go Shirtless - Country, Bodywatch, Blake Shelton, Chris Young, Dierks Bentley, Jake Owen, Kenny Chesney, Luke Bryan, Tim McGraw : People.com

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I still think there should be an "all-royal" channel for all of the people who are totally fascinated by all of this mess; that leaves Me out of that loop. I will admit, however, I do enjoy fast-forwarding through the excessive coverage getting in my way. Boring, boring, boring!
    Florimel and JulieAnn like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Another celebrity couple welcomed their second child yesterday. Congratulations to Penelope Cruz and Javier Bardem on the birth of their daughter.
    omg! Celebrity gossip, news photos, babies, couples, hotties, and more - omg! from Yahoo!
    libgirl2 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Another celebrity couple welcomed their second child yesterday. Congratulations to Penelope Cruz and Javier Bardem on the birth of their daughter.
    omg! Celebrity gossip, news photos, babies, couples, hotties, and more - omg! from Yahoo!
    Congrats to them! I find him so incredibly sexy.... and he is super talented too!

On a "shake your head waiting for what comes next" note,

Amanda Bynes reportedly hospitalized for mental evaluation after setting fire in Calif., trespassing | Fox News
    AmyKay likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Saw somewhere that her parents are trying to get the conservatorship (is that a word?) deal like B Spears had for Amanda. Hope it works.
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

Oh my. Amanda sounds like she really needs some good mental health care. It's difficult though if the patient refuses the treatment.

Scary, isn't it? You just never know who is walking around out here waiting to pop off.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I listened to a portion of the interview. The part I heard, she said some good things about Oprah, like she was nice to her on the movie set when making The Color Purple. It was later that she got bitter about things that happened after she appeared in the moive Commando with Arnold Swarzeneger. I think it must have gone down hill from there. I'm trying to find a link for the entire radio interview.

I finally found a link for an article.

Rae Dawn Chong blasts Oprah Winfrey, invokes racist imagery - NYPOST.com

Man, she's really down on Oprah for being fat. Oprah is not that fat when compared with most American women, IMO. PLUS, I don't think Oprah was fat in high school. Most of the photos I have seen show Oprah as thin, until she was out of college.

That was just plain mean, IMO. That woman needs to make a serious apology.

Wendy Williams played the audio of this ugly, nasty rant today. Wendy called her "Rae Dawn Wrong"; perfect name for a witch like this.
    I doubt that Oprah will even bother responding to such trash, but I guess Stooopid doesn't realize that Oprah can make her life a living hell. Personally, I hope Oprah cuts her off at the knees! Between "Wrong" and Oprah, I wonder who weilds the most power???
    bee stung lips likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Scary, isn't it? You just never know who is walking around out here waiting to pop off.
    I was telling that to my best friend. Her husband has foolishly wasted their small income throughout the years on get rich quick scams... now he has found God. They had to declare bankruptcy and have her parents co-sign for their daughter's college loan. His new thing is to go hand out tracts on the streets and befriend (and save) transients. He is spending money on them and also wants them to come and bath at his home. I told her, if you are going to do something like this, be part of an organization, not a lone guy (with a family) out there. In addition to spending money he doesn't have, he is taking his life into his own hands. Sometimes there is a reason people are out on the streets, and you just never know what someone's mind is like. Now I'm not saying everyone, but with the state of the mental health system.... you just never know. And then you look at a case like this, a star with money and even she isn't safe.
    Last edited by libgirl2; 07-23-2013 at 02:59 PM.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

+ Reply to Thread