+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4617Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Some parents overindulge their kids and let them think they are the center of the universe. I have seen it happen especially with some sons by their moms. The result can be a very unhealthy dose of narcissism. I realize Kanye lost his mom a few years ago. I wonder if that is what happened with him. Still, he's a grown man. He has to see what a jerk he's become. He should stop the nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    It's a boy for Prince William and Kate! Congrats!
    Finally- the media can settle down now
    I am happy for them- shame Diana isn't alive
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Finally- the media can settle down now
    I am happy for them- shame Diana isn't alive
    Yes, it's very sad. Hard to believe she's been gone for so long now. She would have loved being a grandmom.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'm glad that Kate is finally past the labor. I can't think of anything less fun. Yikes! Another knucklehead boy!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Yes, it's very sad. Hard to believe she's been gone for so long now. She would have loved being a grandmom.
    I thought the same thing.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

8 lbs. 6 oz. is a pretty sizeable baby!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

I've been thinking about Diana's relatives and how they might be feeling today. I mean, I'm sure they're happy for Will and Kate, but the baby is a living connection to Diana, just as Will and Harry are. I know there's been a strained relationship between them and the Windsors, but I wish they could still be included somehow. It would be so difficult, I would think, for them to be able to see the baby only at a distance and not have any real contact with him at all.

Not that I expect them to be involved in a huge way, since, for instance, Diana's brother would be a great-uncle, and most of us don't have that much contact with our great-uncles, but I still knew several of mine when I was growing up, and I'm fairly certain they would have been hurt if my parents had not made any attempt to let them and my great-aunts have a chance to see me from time to time. Besides, the Spencers have information about Diana that Will and Harry might not--little things about her childhood etc.--that her grandson might one day want to know.
    Need40winks likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I'm glad that Kate is finally past the labor. I can't think of anything less fun. Yikes! Another knucklehead boy!
    I was really hoping for a girl, especially after they went to the trouble of passing a new law that would have made a daughter as legitimate an heir as a son. Plus, as it is now, they've got three male heirs in a row, and given their ages and the Windsor's predilection for living long lives, it'll be ages before there'd ever be another queen again. Not that it's going to affect me, what with being an American and of an age where I'll be long dead by the time the little one ascends the throne (again, those long-lived Windsors), but I just like the idea of variety. Plus, think of all the great female monarchs England has had.
    AmyKay and Debb70 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    I was really hoping for a girl, especially after they went to the trouble of passing a new law that would have made a daughter as legitimate an heir as a son. Plus, as it is now, they've got three male heirs in a row, and given their ages and the Windsor's predilection for living long lives, it'll be ages before there'd ever be another queen again. Not that it's going to affect me, what with being an American and of an age where I'll be long dead by the time the little one ascends the throne (again, those long-lived Windsors), but I just like the idea of variety. Plus, think of all the great female monarchs England has had.
    I thought the same... Elizabeth I, Victoria... long rules, gave their names to the age/era. Even this Elizabeth has been ruling for eons.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    8 lbs. 6 oz. is a pretty sizeable baby!
    We tiny gals have big babies- my son was the same size
    Miss_Griss likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread