+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 1138 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819591095091009 ... LastLast
Like Tree4946Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

I read in either US magazine or STAR that she had Sean at an open air patio type restaurant when he made a stinky in his diaper, and she had the gall to hoist him up amongst her plates and such and changed him right then and there...customers complained about the sights and smells, to which the manager said, "but she's BRITNEY!". Urgh.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Quote Originally Posted by Texicana View Post
    I read in either US magazine or STAR that she had Sean at an open air patio type restaurant when he made a stinky in his diaper, and she had the gall to hoist him up amongst her plates and such and changed him right then and there...customers complained about the sights and smells, to which the manager said, "but she's BRITNEY!". Urgh.
    Again, see my comment above about her being a horrible person
    Some people are like slinkies, they're useless until you push them down the stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by FinallyHere View Post
    B'way - the baby is proabably too small to be in that type of carseat. Not only should he have been facing back, but he should have been in an infant type seat which would have held him in securely and not have him flop over.

Britney is an unfit mother and her child should be taken from her until she proves to be willing and able to properly care for him. I never much cared for her, but she didn't bother me as long as she wasn't harming anyone else but its a different story now that she is putting a baby in danger. She is a horrible, horrible person and I'm offended that she is using precious resources like water, food and oxygen that coiuld be used by more productive creatures like cockroachs and Lyme disease spreading deer ticks.
    Agreed. And by shoulder harness I mean the solid T-strap that comes over both of his shoulders and down. Take a look at the pic:

Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    Agreed. And by shoulder harness I mean the solid T-strap that comes over both of his shoulders and down. Take a look at the pic:

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Video/060516/n_countdown_spears_060516.stan dard.jpg
    Yeah, the kid's just too small for that seat/strap.
    Some people are like slinkies, they're useless until you push them down the stairs.

Whoa! He's in totally the wrong kind of carseat for his age. That's a frightening picture.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

The carseat does look too big, but I know my kids flopped over in their seat at times. I used to try to reposition them when it happened, though.

Seriously, though, let's not be too hard on her. She's a young mom and young moms make mistakes. One of my girlfriends had her son in a bassinet beside her bed when she was nursing him, and once she was so groggy in the middle of the night when he cried to be fed, she dropped him in between her bed and and the bassinet. When my youngest was 3 weeks old, I put her on a blanket on the floor and when my back was turned, her sister decided to try to pick her up. I turned around, saw my oldest (she was 3 at the time) staggering to her feet with baby in her arms, and I shrieked scaring the hell out of my daughter, who promptly dropped her sister on the ground. *sigh* How dumb was that? (And I was 35 years old at the time, so what was my excuse, you ask? Pure stupidity.) However, I NEVER changed my kids on a restaurant table...oy.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Britney...grrrr. Accidents do happen but she is just clueless and careless.

Actually, it looks like he is in a Britax Roundabout. Those are incredibly safe seats for infants 5-40 pounds "WHEN USED PROPERLY". There are inserts that should be used for smaller infants. Plus infants under 1 year AND 20 pounds should remain in the reclined rear facing position...for SAFETY purposes. A baby has such a weak neck until they are bigger. If the car is rear-ended and the baby is facing back, the baby will move with the movement of the accident. If the baby is forward facing, it's head will whip forward when the car is hit. Plus, those seats come with 5 point harnesses that snug up high on the chest of the baby.

She needs to turn that baby around, recline the seat, put in a pad to secure him and harness him up properly.

The infant seats are for babies up to 20 pounds and usually under 28-30 inches. Most babies are either too long or heavy for those seats well before 1 year. I have two friends with 5 month olds who were over 20 pounds. Also, keep in mind that those infant seats click in and out. I can just imagine her not checking to see if the darned seat latched properly and the baby in the seat flying out of the top of the car or through a window. It has happened to people and is horrible.

Sorry for the carseat trivia.

I should add, I have made several mistakes as a parent. But I always take the time to educate myself on what I do. I know it must be hard to have the media watching every move. The slip while carrying your kid, it happens. The carseat issue, she needs to figure it out before #2 comes along. As a parent, it is your responsibility.
    Last edited by applesauce; 05-19-2006 at 08:17 PM.

IN JAIL, WONDERING WHERE MY KLONDIKE BAR IS!?...
    I know that here in Oregon the law is rear-facing carseat in the backseat until greater than 20# or 1 year old whichever comes later, So a 23# 9 month old would still have to be in a rear-facing seat still. I don't know if that is the case in every state or not. I also believe that no child can sit in the front seat of the car until 5ft tall (or thereabouts) due to the configurations of where an airbag would deploy (there was a case some time ago where a 5 or 6 year old boy was decapitated when the airbag deployed during an accident).
    I agree completely that parents make mistakes and that is especially true with new parents because they are learning. I myself have had a slip and near fall while carrying my then 15 mo old daughter on my hip while I was 5 mo pregnant with my 2nd girl. We were coming out of a restaurant and they had just sprayed down the sidewalk before we came out and I slipped in a puddle of water. I did not mention Britney's slip to take a pot shot at her for slipping but because it was not her natural reaction to drop the glass she was holding in her other hand to bring it around to get a better hold on her son or protect him from falling. That is what I took issue with. Granted that the high-chair incident I'm sure was either faulty manufacturing of the device or that it wasn't assembled correctly and unfortunatly those things happen (there is always a long list of baby items on the recall list). But all in all the other things she is underfire for in regard to her care of her child IMHO are not things that a person would have to learn about to know but simple common sense safety measures. You don't put your infant child (or any child for that matter) in your lap and drive down the highway. If she really was afraid of the paparazzi then perhaps the enormous gentleman that she pays to ensure her safety should have done his job and had them move along or at least out of her space. If she didn't feel safe with him there maybe it's time for a new bodyguard. Every carseat comes with instructions for it's proper installation and usage. It is everyone who will use the seat's responsibility to read those instruction and follow them. That does not take time to learn that is common sense.
    "YOU BREATH THE SAME AIR THE BILLIONAIRES DO" Russell Simmons

"We make a living from what we get, but we make a life from what we give." Winston Chruchill

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Video/060516/n_countdown_spears_060516.stan dard.jpg

This is a bad photo... in another one i saw, it looks like the car is standing still.. the rims are not moving.

As a mom, I am appuled by her behavior and am sickened to hear shes having another child. sigh.. some people have NO parenting skills.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman View Post
    This is a bad photo... in another one i saw, it looks like the car is standing still.. the rims are not moving.
    Umm, rims never look like they're moving if you've got a good camera.

The one minor redeeming thing is that apparently California law does not require that baby seats are rear-facing. But common sense sure does.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

+ Reply to Thread