+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4599Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Oh yes. That's what I read earlier this week. I'll try to find a link for it. He was furious that she didn't step up and publically defend him! I know. It's crazy. He thought that excuse he gave that he was only trying to remove snot from her face was perfectly acceptable. Like who believes that? I'll post it if I can locate it.......

Here's one, but I read it several different places.
    Nigella Lawson's husband announces divorce | Entertainment - KMBC Home
    Yep, I saw that too. The one I loved was where he basically said the picture could have just as easily been her choking him which, he says, has happened a lot. My opinion only, but any man that would actually do that in public with witnesses will do 10 times worse behind closed doors.
    ness and Miss Scarlet like this.

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    Yep, I saw that too. The one I loved was where he basically said the picture could have just as easily been her choking him which, he says, has happened a lot. My opinion only, but any man that would actually do that in public with witnesses will do 10 times worse behind closed doors.
    He's a wimp! a bully and a wimp
    ness likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    He's a wimp! a bully and a wimp
    I have stronger words, but I won't post them here
    ness likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Nigella Lawson's husband announces divorce via newspaper - CNN.com

I guess he couldn't take the heat ( all those photos) and got out of her kitchen
    Here's hoping she clocked him good and hard upside the head with one of the pots from that kitchen.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    It was the first diagnosis but all were eliminated given no other existing conditions. This condition of a virus in the heart is sometimes called Broken Heart Syndrome, referring to extreme stress that lowers the immune system, allowing the virus to reach the heart. A normal healthy person's body can usually fight this off before it gets to the heart.
    Yes, Miss Dragonlady, hopefully you have fully recovered from your ordeal. That is a lot of stress you were dealing with. Hearts can only take so much.

You mentioned Broken Heart Syndrome, which could be something Randy did suffer from. Once his wife left him, he went off the rails. In the tabloids more for his antics than his music. I haven't followed his career but he didn't seem to have the reputation that George Jones had, no-show Jones. So with a pre-existing condition and alcohol=not a good idea. I hope he does recover and is able to find joy in life without alcohol. Good wishes are being sent.

As for Nigella. How could she defend him? Hands around someone's neck is never playful. I just can't imagine what she went through because if he could do that in public? Holy ****! I just hope she is safe. The worst time is just after a woman/man leave their abuser and they are most at risk.
    Dragonlady likes this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Nigella - Apparently, she has hired her cousin as her lawyer.She (the lawyer) was Paul McCartney's lawyer in his divorce proceedings from his ex-wife.
    ness likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Hey, y'all . . .

This has me damn near SPEECHLESS, and THAT'S saying a LOT.

I'll do my best to push through, though . . .

Debb, yeah, this is crazy.

KatesMom: No, it's NOT just your opinion. I shudder to THINK what might've gone on behind their closed door. And the truly terrifying part, to me, is that this lunacy might've CONTINUED to go on, BUT FOR this a$$hole losing it with her to the point where he actually lost it in PUBLIC, in FRONT of a roomful of WITNESSES, who just HAPPENED to have cameras.

God bless cell phones.

FM . . . Ohhhhhhh, YEAH. "Bully" and "wimp" are good starters, but I'm sure MOST of us (including you) have turned the air purple with other colorful, descriptive words for this mother.

bee . . . I hope she clocked his ass, too! He DESERVES a few things I won't bring up here and now, but swinging a pot and connecting with his behind is a GOOD start!

I'm TOTALLY astounded and FLOORED that he apparently didn't do ANY jail time behind this.

If I'm wrong about that, anybody, PLEASE feel free to correct me.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Hmmmm . . .

Paula Deen dumps legal team after admitting slurs - CBS News

Paula Deen sacks entire legal team over N-word scandal that has cost her millions | Mail Online

First, the agent.

NOW, the lawyers.

Is there ANYBODY out there who's surprised by this latest PD move?

And I'm sorry, but I've GOT to wonder just WHY either of these two new law firms might think they'll have any better success than the first two in getting Paula to understand that she desperately NEEDS to come across as though she FINALLY realizes that she's now actually living in a PC, 21st century US of A, and NOT an antebellum South . . .

And --- even MORE importantly, I think --- that she just NEEDS to keep her damned mouth SHUT, altogether.

Frankly, I'm not holding my breath that these new legal teams will have successful outcomes in EITHER of those missions.

Why?

Because I truly believe that she just might've damaged herself BEYOND the point of no return, at this juncture.

JMHO.
    Last edited by ness; 07-12-2013 at 01:57 AM.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I don't know the circumstances of Paula's legal situation, however, as an attorney, I do know the importance of preparing a client for a deposition. You go over many things. Paula sounded as if she had not been prepared at all. I wonder who's fault that was. Her legal team had to know what was coming up in that deposition. Her responses could have been given in a much better way.

They also should have told her that she really needed to settle out of court to avoid a deposition that could bring out what was brought out in the deposition. If they didn't, I can see why she's upset. Of course, the settlement part wasn't up to her alone. I think it involved her brother, but his lawyers should have told him that not settling would bring Paula down too. He would have listened, unless he's a complete idiot.

I will also say that I have prepared some people for a deposition and they ignore me and say what they want without any heed to my advice. And some clients refuse to settle no matter how you warn them. They want to have their day in court, regardless of the potential for harm. It's difficult to say what really happened here.
    ness, Shoepie and bee stung lips like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I don't know the circumstances of Paula's legal situation, however, as an attorney, I do know the importance of preparing a client for a deposition. You go over many things. Paula sounded as if she had not been prepared at all. I wonder who's fault that was. Her legal team had to know what was coming up in that deposition. Her responses could have been given in a much better way.

They also should have told her that she really needed to settle out of court to avoid a deposition that could bring out what was brought out in the deposition. If they didn't, I can see why she's upset. Of course, the settlement part wasn't up to her alone. I think it involved her brother, but his lawyers should have told him that not settling would bring Paula down too. He would have listened, unless he's a complete idiot.

I will also say that I have prepared some people for a deposition and they ignore me and say what they want without any heed to my advice. And some clients refuse to settle no matter how you warn them. They want to have their day in court, regardless of the potential for harm. It's difficult to say what really happened here.
    Debb . . .

Until now, I didn't know you were an attorney, so thanks for weighing in!

I am no attorney. However, I HAVE been in a position to have needed to have been ADVISED by a lawyer PRIOR to giving testimony. BELIEVE me, he made it TOTALLY clear to me what was coming up, what I'd be asked by opposing counsel, the fact that it was their JOB to make me appear and come across as the Whore of Babylon, twist my words and their meaning, if at all possible, etc. So when that's EXACTLY what happened, I was able to hold it together under fire because I'd been clearly warned and schooled about what was coming. Later on, I screeched to him: "Oh my GOD! You were RIGHT!" To which HE responded: "And that's WHY I've got that law degree!"

I've always thought all along that Paula didn't sound as though she'd been prepared at ALL by her legal team. I found it HARD to believe, like you said, that they didn't have a CLUE what was coming up in that deposition and would've just advised her to run with "Of course!" in response to whether or not she'd ever used that word, and so on.

And if that IS what happened, honestly, were I in her shoes, I'd be royally pissed, too, and heads WOULD roll.

However, I've always wondered, as well, exactly how much of Paula's debacle is the result of her NOT listening to the advice her attorneys were most likely giving her. Just because you stick wings on a pig, that doesn't mean that that pig will be able --- or WANT to, for that matter --- fly. And I've always wondered if Paula was totally forthcoming with her lawyers about EVERYTHING that happened, what she said, and did. I mean, WHOEVER your attorney is, he or she CAN'T defend you against things that they're not aware of that might come up and bite them, and YOU, in the ass later on.

And a hard head makes a soft behind. If they did their job and advised her as they should've, and SHE chose to forge ahead and do what SHE thought was best, well, that's on HER.

NOT them.

And I DO believe you when you say they would've or certainly SHOULD'VE advised her to settle. I've actually HAD a lawyer or two (that I worked for) tell me to my face: "The last thing you EVER want to do is go to court!"

Frankly, if I were her old legal team, I'd be damned GLAD she was no longer on my client roster.

+ Reply to Thread