+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4543Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Viruses come into your body from the outside, and are not from stress; the lowered immune system allows them to wreak their havoc, if that's what they are going to do. It has to be introduced, first.
    I know we've all seen viruses that kill, whether we realize it or not. I've seen them quickly destroy organs...a heart, in particular, actually. I'm sure a raggedy family heart history does not help, possibly already have weakened the organ. Add that to an immune system problem, and it can be "lights out".
    I think Dragonlady's point was that stress lowers the immune system, not that it causes viruses.

Dragonlady, I'm so sorry that you had to go through all of those extremely stressful things in such a short period of time. I'm glad you were able to recover from the heart issues.
    ness, JulieAnn and Dragonlady like this.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    I think Dragonlady's point was that stress lowers the immune system, not that it causes viruses.

Dragonlady, I'm so sorry that you had to go through all of those extremely stressful things in such a short period of time. I'm glad you were able to recover from the heart issues.
    Thank you, Miss_Griss, so much. I never meant that stress causes a virus. I was just stating the facts that I knew, having had the same thing.
    I also had congestive heart failure upon entering the ER. It was the first diagnosis but all were eliminated given no other existing conditions. This condition of a virus in the heart is sometimes called Broken Heart Syndrome, referring to extreme stress that lowers the immune system, allowing the virus to reach the heart. A normal healthy person's body can usually fight this off before it gets to the heart.
    I have absolutely no idea what caused Randy's problems. Silly me, I was just relating a similar problem that I had extreme personal experienced of. It usually has nothing to do with healthy or unhealthy hearts.

This is terrible news about Randy. I had already prepared a card to go out in the mail. It doesn't sound good. I'll keep him and his family in my prayers. Randy is from NC, my homestate, so I have always had fondness for him. Plus, his song He Walked On Water is one of my favorites of all time. It perfectly describes the relationship my brother had with out great-grandfather, right down to the details. I cry when I even think about it.

Here's a link for it.

Randy Travis - He Walked On Water (Official Video) - YouTube
    Last edited by Debb70; 07-11-2013 at 08:36 AM.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Dragonlady, I wasn't criticizing what you said about your virus; it was more about clarifying, since I do know of people who could read that and make that conclusion. Not everybody knows what might seem to be the simplest of things. True example: I said something about a person "going flat" (meaning flat-lining), and somebody said, "You mean his body actually went FLAT?"; bless her little heart, she didn't have a clue! That was a time when it really came home to me that not everybody can relate to everything that someone may say, and while it was funny, it was real and innocent. Now, she is a stellar chef, with culinary training, so I know, for a fact, that she can say some things that I don't have a clue about, and she knows that and tolerates ME. Like when Ellen said something about "spanking the mint"....she totally left me shocked and at the starting line with that one.

Anyway, moving on.....don't know if it's still the case, but when the LVAD (that device Randy had implanted in his chest) came out, one of the troublesome side effects was that it could cause strokes. I'm sure it has come a very long way in improvement, since then, but that was one of the things I thought about.
    Dragonlady likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

My late FIL had an LVAD implanted. It wasn't easy to live with it and he only lived about a year after it. I pray it goes better for Randy.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Nigella Lawson's husband announces divorce via newspaper - CNN.com

I guess he couldn't take the heat ( all those photos) and got out of her kitchen
    ness likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Good one, FM!!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I heard he is divorcing her because she didn't defend him when the photos of him choking her came out! What a loser.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I heard he is divorcing her because she didn't defend him when the photos of him choking her came out! What a loser.
    DEBB!!!

You KNOW this is a purely RHETORICAL question, but I'm going to ASK, anyway . . .

Are you serious????

That ring-tailed bastard is a kind of crazy that hasn't even been INVENTED yet, apparently!

Tongues may lie, but pictures SURE as hell DON'T!

SMH.

One can only IMAGINE what he did behind their closed door.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Oh yes. That's what I read earlier this week. I'll try to find a link for it. He was furious that she didn't step up and publically defend him! I know. It's crazy. He thought that excuse he gave that he was only trying to remove snot from her face was perfectly acceptable. Like who believes that? I'll post it if I can locate it.......

Here's one, but I read it several different places.
    Nigella Lawson's husband announces divorce | Entertainment - KMBC Home
    Last edited by Debb70; 07-11-2013 at 03:43 PM.

+ Reply to Thread