+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4617Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

I had never heard those things about a virus in the heart....I probably have one drink a year and never used IV drugs. My cardiologist said it one of the main reasons was a lowered immune system, often caused by lots of stress in a person's life.
    Mine came from a few years of helping my elderly parents until my father died one year, my mother the next year and my 34 yr old son the following year. I thought I handled everything well but had no idea what the stress was doing to my body.
    I knew that Randy had recently had a DUI but didn't know he had alcohol problems.
    But I don't know that anyone should assume that alcohol and drugs are what causes physical problems.
    Florimel and ness like this.

To the Point

I am not assuming anything regarding Randy. I am just taking the information from the Mayo Clinic site and statements regarding family history that Randy's family have reportedly said to conclude that there were things that are a part of his history that are definitely possible contributing factors. There are many causes and he apparently had a couple that could have played into this disease. It has been stated that his was a virus but that doesn't rule out other factors making him more susceptible. In the end, it really doesn't matter as he still has a health battle that is serious.

Cardiomyopathy: Causes - MayoClinic.com
    Last edited by NCLurker; 07-10-2013 at 08:50 AM.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Viruses come into your body from the outside, and are not from stress; the lowered immune system allows them to wreak their havoc, if that's what they are going to do. It has to be introduced, first.
    I know we've all seen viruses that kill, whether we realize it or not. I've seen them quickly destroy organs...a heart, in particular, actually. I'm sure a raggedy family heart history does not help, possibly already have weakened the organ. Add that to an immune system problem, and it can be "lights out".
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I just read that Randy Travis is now in congestive heart failure, which means that his heart is not working efficiently, and that fluid is backing up in his lungs. It is treatable, but can be fatal. Hopefully, treatment will work.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I read that he had a very small heart device inserted to help it pump better. TMZ reports his condition has improved.

They also listed this address for any who want to send cards or well wishes:
    Randy Travis
    266 Blanks Road
    Tiazo, TX 76271

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Many of our local news channels are posting on their Facebook pages that Randy has now suffered a stroke and is in surgery to relieve pressure on his brain. If I can find a link to a story, I'll post it.

ETA: Okay, here's a link. ABC is pretty reputable so I guess it's true: Publicist: Randy Travis Suffers Stroke in Hospital - ABC News
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

To the Point

Oh my goodness! Prayers for he and his family. I know that this is a very difficult time for them.

Praying for him here, as well. So scary.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Very scary. I am thinking of him, and his family at such a difficult time.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Oh, my God.

I'm praying for him and his family, also.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

+ Reply to Thread