+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4942Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Cathy Lee and Hodi discussed Paula today. They say it's rumored that Paula may do Dancing With The Stars! I can hardly belief it.
    Oh Lord!!
    What's that show coming to? This isn't the first time they would reward someone for bad behavior. I'm sick of it. This whole "anything for ratings" ploy has just gone too far. I really hope they use some constraint & pass on this one.

What's funny is that Bristol Palin did way more to improve her public image by going on Wife Swap, a show known for bad behavior coming out, than she did by going on DWTS, a show known for hard work & accomplishment. Go figure.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

A lot or people go on DWTS to redeem themself or spruce up their image. Bristol went on after her scandal of making anti gay remarks. Andy Dick had a bad reputation for substance abuse. So did David Arquette. (Sorry, I recently saw David had broken with his girlfriend and suffered a relapse. He was seen partying and boozed up on TMZ with some ladies in a bar.)

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    Oh Lord!!
    What's that show coming to? This isn't the first time they would reward someone for bad behavior. I'm sick of it. This whole "anything for ratings" ploy has just gone too far. I really hope they use some constraint & pass on this one.

What's funny is that Bristol Palin did way more to improve her public image by going on Wife Swap, a show known for bad behavior coming out, than she did by going on DWTS, a show known for hard work & accomplishment. Go figure.
    I bet they were talking to Paula before all this .I doubt she will be on DWTS. QVC have not fired her either.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

A lot or people go on DWTS to redeem themself or spruce up their image. Bristol went on after her scandal of making anti gay remarks. Andy Dick had a bad reputation for substance abuse. So did David Arquette. (Sorry, I recently saw David had broken with his girlfriend and suffered a relapse. He was seen partying and boozed up on TMZ with some ladies in a bar.)
    I like David, I am sorry he cant kick those demons. I just hope Andy can. I wont hold my breath
    -Andy Rooney-

They said that Paula has previously said that DWTS wanted her. She always turned them down because she said she had catfish arms and a muffin top middle or something like that. She believed her dancing would not be pleasant to watch. Perhaps she has changed her mind. I do believe that DWTS will do anything for drama. They won't let the controversy scare them away. They welcome it.

They said that Paula has previously said that DWTS wanted her. She always turned them down because she said she had catfish arms and a muffin top middle or something like that. She believed her dancing would not be pleasant to watch. Perhaps she has changed her mind. I do believe that DWTS will do anything for drama. They won't let the controversy scare them away. They welcome it.
    Hmm, I guess we will see.
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

They discussed her last week and I had to laugh at Cathy Lee telling us that we should not judge----that God will judge her---all the time displaying her sour judgemental face.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.

Cathy Lee and Hodi discussed Paula today. They say it's rumored that Paula may do Dancing With The Stars! I can hardly belief it.
    Me, EITHER, Debb!

But, OTOH, I CAN see WHY this particular rumor just MIGHT have some substance to it.

Since around 2002 (or so), Paula's been streaking like a comet across the celebrity food sky. So, for about the past ten or so years, she's had major fans, made major business contacts and hook-ups, and --- probably most importantly --- been pulling down some serious bank.

Well, even with a net worth like she has, that bank of hers is in serious jeopardy, now.

It's kind of a no-brainer to say that she's got a team of lawyers, PR people (such as they are), etc., working for her.

They've got to be PAID. REGARDLESS of how bad her situation is, or whether or not she changes that team mid-stream, or decides or HAS decided to stick with the ones she's got, or brings others in to supplement and shore up the ones she already has.

And I bet WHOEVER she's got working for her, she's NOT paying them in beer or liquor!

And I BET they don't come CHEAP, either!

AND, she's STILL living in La-La Land about what her situation is, because . . .

Paula Deen -- That White Woman Suing Me Is Also Smearing Me! | TMZ.com

It takes MONEY to defend yourself against these kind of allegations when you're in the league of famous that SHE is. AND to try to hit back at them, as well.

Bottom line, seems to me like Paula's trying to fight what may very well turn out to be a losing battle. And it's a battle that's going to put a serious dent in that lovely bank account of hers.

IF not wipe it out, completely.

So, while I no more want to see her on DWTS than the man in the moon, at this point, I figure she'll try to hop on ANY train she can, going ANYWHERE (to HELL, even!) to try to keep the cash coming in.

IF she can.

'Cause it looks like she's DEFINITELY gonna need it!
    Last edited by ness; 07-01-2013 at 01:02 PM.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Here's a video talking the offer DWTS made. It also goes into detail about ANOTHER offer she's been made. It's disturbing at best.

AOL On - Paula Deen Offered Outrageous Six-Figure Deal In Wake Of Scandal
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    Here's a video talking the offer DWTS made. It also goes into detail about ANOTHER offer she's been made. It's disturbing at best.

AOL On - Paula Deen Offered Outrageous Six-Figure Deal In Wake Of Scandal
    OK.

Before I EVEN checked out the link, I've gotta admit, the FIRST thought that hit my mind was:

OCTOMOM!

Then, I actually WATCH the video, and . . .

LO AND FREAKING BEHOLD!

Just as it is a lady's prerogative to change her mind, I also believe that it's a poster's prerogative to change THEIR mind . . .

To that end, please allow me to revise one of the last lines I wrote in the last post I did before THIS one:

I figure she'll try to hop on ALMOST any train she can, going ALMOST anywhere --- including, very possibly to HELL (Oooops, SORRY! MY bad! She's IN hell right now, even as we BREATHE!) --- to keep the cash coming in.

I cannot EVER --- in THIS lifetime or any OTHER --- wrap my mind around the concept of even PAULA DEEN seriously contemplating for so much as even ONE nanosecond the idea of taking on THAT particular offer, cash-strapped, or not.

THAT one, I don't see happening.

At ALL.

Frankly, I truly believe that Paula's toenails would curl back clear to her ankles at the very thought.

UNLIKE the very thought of a Southern plantation wedding.

OF COURSE!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

+ Reply to Thread