+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4743Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I do not agree with the notion that when people don't like what a media personality has said, and go after advertisers, that they are not going after that person's livelihood. If you are on TV, radio, or another ad supported medium, your livelihood depends on those advertisers. Without them, you do not have a job. So whether a person is saying "Food Network, cancel Paula Deen's show" or "Food Network advertisers, if I see your commercials on Paula Deen's show I won't buy your product" the mission is the same. Somehow we've gotten to a point where punishing unlikable things by going after people is considered freedom of expression. I don't see it that way. I see it as vindictive, and I think it's a shame that the behavior seems to be gaining more steam.

As the saying goes, "Money Talks. BS Walks!" Advertisers respond to money, so that's the best way to make your feelings known. Paula (or BS) Walks. Obviously, it's not worth it for them to keep her, from their actions. Their decision. Cut the cancer out.
    ness likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    His children had a father.
    Or 2!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Or 2!
    Ha ha. I guess that's okay to joke about though. His children loved him, that's all I care about
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

As an African American woman I can say I don't think she is necessarily racist. I think she is uneducated and maybe alittle ignorant about how words can have an effect on people. I think she has no edit button and everytime she opens her mouth her foot gets lodged further down. I agree she needs to disappear and do some personal reflection on how she comes across.
    ness, Jexter and Shoepie like this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Caesars Entertainment has taken her name off their buffets.
    Last edited by libgirl2; 06-26-2013 at 06:45 PM.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

By the way, the other day when she was recounting the incident in the bank where a black man put a gun to her head, she assured the interviewer that she didn't say that she said the n-word to him. She said she used it when she got home and told her husband about it. I don't know when this story flipped around....and, yes, I did hear the first version of this story.

I don't think Mel Gibson was as vilified after his tirade. I am not a PD fan, I just wonder if some companies are using this as an excuse to cut loose someone who has been giving them trouble. Or maybe there is tons more to this then we know.
    NCLurker, Florimel and Dragonlady like this.

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I don't think Mel Gibson was as vilified after his tirade. I am not a PD fan, I just wonder if some companies are using this as an excuse to cut loose someone who has been giving them trouble. Or maybe there is tons more to this then we know.
    I think some companies are using this as an excuse Although Walmart? okay then
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I think some companies are using this as an excuse Although Walmart? okay then
    Walmart is a head scratcher. I can see some wanting to ditch her after the diabetes issues and the unhealthiness of her food. One of the places owned by Caesars/Harrah's is near my house. I have had friends eat there and they weren't thrilled with it. Maybe reality is catching up in some cases? Maybe she isn't quite the hot commodity she was?

I do not like and never have liked Paula Deen or most of her recipes. However, I don't have a problem with the diabetes issue that she didn't broadcast. I don't like when any celebrity's health issues are made public fodder.

Personally, I try to eat in a healthy manner most of the time. I don't eat a lot of fried food or processed food and I watch the sugars carefully. I like veggies and eat them regularly, but I don't substitute my dairy products with low-fat ones. Yogurt does not taste like sour cream. That's my choice, but if I want something deliciously decadent from time to time, I'll eat it and/or serve it.

None of us is immortal or free from aging. I believe that anything eaten in moderation is okay. Just my personal opinion of course.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread