+ Reply to Thread
Page 88 of 1139 FirstFirst ... 387879808182838485868788899091929394959697981381885881088 ... LastLast
Like Tree4958Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    I don't really see the Beckham show being a huge hit. Maybe in England. Ever since Posh has been here she hasn't been as covered in the news as other celebrities. I saw a something that said on 40% ofAmericans have even heard of the Beckhams. That likely won't make for huge ratings.

LG.
    I'd watch Posh's show only to see if she ever eats. I think not. It will be like 24, and no eating is ever shown. Otherwise, ZZZZZZ. I know who the Beckhams are - I just really don't care.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Quote Originally Posted by LG.;2263426;
    I know who the Beckhams are - I just really don't care.
    Same here. Who cares?
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

The thing is that Beckham has a contract now... how many years is it? I don't know (nor care all that much, I'm just saying...)

The relevance is that I bet Victoria came here with glowy memories of stardom from when she last visited the U.S., and a bit of ego boosting from high profile "pals" like Tom Terrific Cruise and she's due for a real reality check when she finally realizes that nobody in this country gives a crap about her. And only a few do about her dumb husband. And because of her hubby's contract, she'll be STUCK here, in Hollywood, as kind of a later-day Zsa Zsa Gabor or something. Someone who floats around parties, and hangs out with actual stars, but who mainly appears in the media purely "for being famous", but not much else.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Actress Liz Hurley 'marries in secret'

Actress*Liz Hurley 'marries in secret' - CNN.com

LONDON, England (Reuters) -- Model and actress Elizabeth Hurley married Indian businessman Arun Nayar in a secret ceremony on Friday, a day before the couple were due to host a lavish wedding party, British media reported on Saturday.

The Daily Mirror newspaper said Gloucestershire's county superintendent registrar Anne Williams conducted the civil ceremony at Sudeley Castle in the west of England together with another registrar in front of two witnesses.

Reverend John Partington told the Daily Mirror he would bless the couple later on Saturday at the castle, describing his blessing as "a celebration of their wedding."

Sudeley Castle is owned by the family of Henry Dent-Brocklehurst, who is a close friend of Hurley.

After the blessing Hurley, 41, and Nayar, 42, will host a lavish party with actress Patsy Kensit, singer Sir Elton John, fashion designer Donatella Versace as well as the model's former lover, British actor Hugh Grant, expected to attend.

Hurley's 13-year relationship with Hollywood star Grant ended in 2000 after his well-publicised encounter with a prostitute.

Two years later, she had a son with U.S. film producer Steve Bing. She met Nayar, who has celebrity status himself, shortly after her child was born.

The Daily Mirror said the couple will travel to Rajasthan on Sunday for a traditional Indian-style wedding.

Hurley's publicist was unavailable for comment.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Quote Originally Posted by LG.;2263426;
    I'd watch Posh's show only to see if she ever eats. I think not. It will be like 24, and no eating is ever shown. Otherwise, ZZZZZZ. I know who the Beckhams are - I just really don't care.
    Me too. What intrigues me about them is that they seem so desperate to be famous in the US. It makes me want to know about their efforts just so I can ignore them. Have some dignity people. You're already famous the world over, yet for years you have been chasing the dream in the one country that may not even care.

This just made me laugh. Beyonce better place a huge downpayment on some acting lessons before Clint would ask her to act in one of his films.

People News
    Beyoncé Knowles's Clint dream
    By BANG
    Mar 3, 2007, 8:00 GMT

Beyoncé Knowles wants to make a film with Clint Eastwood.

The 'Dreamgirls' star - who saw Clint at the Oscars but was too shy to speak to him - insists it would be a dream come true to be directed by the Hollywood legend.

Beyoncé said: "I think Clint Eastwood is amazing. I'd love to be directed by him in a film."

Clint isn't the only big name star Beyoncé wants to work with.

The singer-and-actress has also revealed she would love to star in a movie with Oscar winners Denzel Washington and Halle Berry.

Beyoncé said: "There are so many people I'd love to work with. Denzel, Halle Berry, the list goes on.

"But I consider myself very lucky to have worked with Jennifer Hudson and Eddie Murphy and all the 'Dreamgirls' cast already."

(C) BANG Media International
    Link

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Sounds like somebody's trying to make nice with Jennifer Hudson!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Beyoncé is a bit delusional. While she's a decent performer for a light comedy like Austin Powers, or a musical, I just don't see her having the acting chops to do anything really dramatic.

And even if she did have the talent, there's the real question of whether or not anyone would want her for those roles.

I mean I think Beyoncé is suffering from the same kind of delusions as Diana Ross once did. Sure, Ross got lauded for "Lady Sings the Blues", but she just didn't fit into anyone idea of what worked for most roles, before or since that.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

To be honest, she doesn't have the talent. First off, she's a singer and she also wants to be in the acting world. The first thing you don't do is take a part of a singer or someone who'd eventually sing in said part. The point is to show that you can act without cheating(singing). She can't do that.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

+ Reply to Thread