+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4743Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

It is a sad situation. She struck me as being more put together then this and its not as if she is a young kid (I was shocked to see she is 53! I thought she was at least 20 years younger). I hope she realizes the severity of the situation and gets herself out of it.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Sometimes you keep hoping, praying and waiting for the real, good person to come back to the body of the man you once loved. You can't understand why they turned evil, mean and violent. Then it finally hits you that the good person was a fake. The guy you loved never existed. He was mean as hell from the beginning and just fooled you with the nice guy facade.

I hope she and her kids get away. God only knows the damage the kids have already suffered.
    Photobabe likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Its amazing what you put up with, the excuses you make. Its pitiful and painful looking back.
    I, honestly, think your brain has a hard time accepting what it knows is happening by somebody that you thought loved you and cared about you.
    bee stung lips likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I, honestly, think your brain has a hard time accepting what it knows is happening by somebody that you thought loved you and cared about you.
    Yes, that's true There is also a certain amount of shame, plus the ** it must be me doing something wrong** SMH. Its not as easy as just leaving, it never is.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

You have all brought up valid points. Many of us have stayed in relationships way longer then we should have and looking back wonder why we did. It might not been physical abuse, but maybe verbal or mental.
    waywyrd and bee stung lips like this.

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    You have all brought up valid points. Many of us have stayed in relationships way longer then we should have and looking back wonder why we did. It might not been physical abuse, but maybe verbal or mental.
    Nigella is a strong woman, she comes across on her shows as eating what she wants when she wants I have always loved her lust for life and food- its shame if this guy snuffs all that out. Maybe seeing the photos and knowing that everyone else now knows, will help her to have the courage to leave him. All he got was a caution, as useless as that stupid piece of paper called a restraining order. I doubt her husband likes that the world knows he's a bully!!a big one.
    I wish her well.
    -Andy Rooney-

Yes, that's true There is also a certain amount of shame, plus the ** it must be me doing something wrong** SMH. Its not as easy as just leaving, it never is.
    Excellent assesment Fanny. You hit the nail right on the head.
    Been there. Done that. Got out. You described it to a T.
    That & the money situation.

I don't know anything about Nigella, but my heart goes out to her.
    It always surprises me when accomplished women who are able to take care of themselves, take this kind of bull****.
    No one can make her realize this or convince her to throw the bum out. It has to come from her own realization. Sometimes it's just a little thing that finally makes a woman realize "What the heck am I doing here? Living in a car would be an improvement."

I hope it happens soon for her before permanent damage (physical) is done.
    Last edited by Miss Scarlet; 06-18-2013 at 02:18 PM.
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

For some people, the "just leaving" part is not very easy, especially if you have a partner who is prone to putting their hands on you. The threats can be very controlling/intimidating.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    Excellent assessment Fanny. You hit the nail right on the head.
    Been there. Done that. Got out. You described it to a T.
    That & the money situation.

I don't know anything about Nigella, but my heart goes out to her.
    It always surprises me when accomplished women who are able to take care of themselves, take this kind of bull****.
    No one can make her realize this or convince her to throw the bum out. It has to come from her own realization. Sometimes it's just a little thing that finally makes a woman realize "What the heck am I doing here? Living in a car would be an improvement."

I hope it happens soon for her before permanent damage (physical) is done.
    For many, they don't have the resources( raising my hand) there were no shelters, no car, no family near me. Nigella could buy several safe houses, but again, we don't know what or who he has threatened
    -Andy Rooney-

For many, they don't have the resources( raising my hand) there were no shelters, no car, no family near me. Nigella could buy several safe houses, but again, we don't know what or who he has threatened
    I guess its harder to comprehend because of her fame and fortune... we can understand why some people have no where to go etc.... but when you have so much, its harder to comprehend.

I'm sorry you had it bad Fanny.

+ Reply to Thread