+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4743Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Nigella Lawson had better leave her husband before he kills her and claims we "just misunderstand."

She should have been gone!
    I know...what a horrible situation to be in. I used to watch Nigella's cooking show all the time. So sorry this is happening to her.

It may be to her advantage that the incident played out in public. Ultimately, the shame of everyone knowing may be the one thing that forces her to pick up and leave this idiot. One can only wonder how long this has been going on and what she's suffered behind closed doors. Fact of the matter is, if he'd do that to her in public, in broad daylight no less, just what would he stoop to behind clothes doors??
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    I know...what a horrible situation to be in. I used to watch Nigella's cooking show all the time. So sorry this is happening to her.

It may be to her advantage that the incident played out in public. Ultimately, the shame of everyone knowing may be the one thing that forces her to pick up and leave this idiot. One can only wonder how long this has been going on and what she's suffered behind closed doors. Fact of the matter is, if he'd do that to her in public, in broad daylight no less, just what would he stoop to behind clothes doors??
    She has mentioned his temper before (sigh)
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I thought she had left him
    I mean permanently. It would be a shame to be a memory, for NO good reason.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    Who the heck is Nigella Lawson? Or her husband?
    I've never heard the name before.
    I know her from her time judging on the recent cooking competition show, The Taste.

Here is a link to an ABC story about the incident.

Disturbing Photos of Nigella Lawson and Charles Saatchi Surface - ABC News

ETA: If you wait for the second video to play, you will see Diane Sawyer at some time in the past doing a piece on her when she was named Person of the Week.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 06-17-2013 at 09:36 PM.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    A tiny baby, she looked really big- but that doesn't mean a thing.I only gained 19 pounds and my son was over 8 pounds. I hope the little one is okay, I suspect her name will begin with the letter ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm K!
    And I gained almost 30 pounds (and was HUGE, although the only place I gained was in front), and my son, who arrived a week late, weighed just over 5.5 pounds.

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    And I gained almost 30 pounds (and was HUGE, although the only place I gained was in front), and my son, who arrived a week late, weighed just over 5.5 pounds.
    Awww. There really is no correlation between our weight gain, and the size of the baby
    -Andy Rooney-

From watching the video, it looks like Nigella has been thru this before. I never would have imagined her continuing to be in that kind of a relationship...just goes to show, you never know what people are like in their private life. She almost seemed to be excusing him and blaming herself.
    I just don't understand that kind of behavior but I've never experienced it.
    bee stung lips likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

She's also protecting his abusive behavior by choosing to remain silent about the abuse. This is not doing her children any favors, either.
    bee stung lips and Debb70 like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

This guy is a real jerk. This photo was taken at a different time and he has a hand over his wife's mouth as to shut her up!!!!!!!! In a way, it disturbs me more than the other photo. This one was taken in a restaurant too.

Nigella Lawson photos: Charles Saatchi puts hand over wife's mouth in previous row - Mirror Online

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    From watching the video, it looks like Nigella has been thru this before. I never would have imagined her continuing to be in that kind of a relationship...just goes to show, you never know what people are like in their private life. She almost seemed to be excusing him and blaming herself.
    I just don't understand that kind of behavior but I've never experienced it.
    Its amazing what you put up with, the excuses you make. Its pitiful and painful looking back.
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread