+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5276Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

It doesn't help that the Jackson family keeps dragging out all of this Michael drama. It's like they keep ripping the scab off the wound. I think they are making it all about them.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I believe you learn to accept a parent's death on an intellectual level. But on a heart and soul level, I don't believe you ever really get over it, if you loved them

I agree ness, 100%. I feel this way about my fathers death, even things like choosing a card for Fathers day can set me off.
    I wish her well.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I experienced my mother's death in the 80s, and I was grown, married, experienced, and had developed a lot of (I thought) a lot of adult coping mechanisms. It was, seriously, rough an I could not imagine having to deal with that kind of loss as a child. It made NO sense then, and if it hit me like that, how must it hit a child who still has so much more to experience and learn? Just can't begin to imagine......

And there are days, like you say FM, when it is still hitting me.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I do feel for the young lady. She's so intelligent and mature when she appears on tv. While I'm sure she misses her dad, she must have memories of how her dad dealt with his issues. He suffered from substance abuse that was untreated. That was an unhealthy environment for a child.

I saw her in an interview once where she had her best girlfriend with her. She said they hung out together all the time and were very close. I wonder where that friend was and if she was aware that Paris was in trouble. I know that having a best friend can be super important to a teen.

Just when you thought nothing could get to be any more bizarre with this tragic story . . .

Australian DJ who made royal prank call linked to nurse's death given award - World News

OK.

He goes from being "gutted and heartbroken" to " . . . still at the top of my game." AFTER receiving an award from the radio station he worked for when he and that other lunatic DJ made that prank phone call to Kate's hospital.

Is it just me, or just WTF is WRONG with this picture?

The words "poor taste" cannot even BEGIN to describe this, IMHO.

Sweet Jesus.

SMH.
    Last edited by ness; 06-07-2013 at 02:05 AM.
    Coco46 likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Fort Member

I lost my father when I was 16. We were never very close but I went completely off the rails for a few years. It took me a long time to realise that my bad behaviour was partly due to not having a father any more. Hormones played a part as well but when I think of the things I did during those couple of years, they were not normal. So I can just imagine how much worse it would be if I had actually had a better relationship with him.

As for the Australian DJ he gets an award the female part of the team can not get a job and has not been back on air and is still devastated, it ruined her career
    So go figure, he comes out shinning, and she will have to find a new career. Makes no sense to me at all

I've always noticed that men can get rewarded by other men (and, a lot of times, women) for a lot of things for which women, generally, will never be rewarded. No matter where you seem to be in the world, it's a patriarchal planet.

I'm thinking getting her away from this kooky family might be a start. Sad thing is where does she go? Her mother? The woman who sold out her uterus for MJ?

Judge orders inquiry into Paris Jackson's well-being - CBS News
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I'm thinking getting her away from this kooky family might be a start. Sad thing is where does she go? Her mother? The woman who sold out her uterus for MJ?

Judge orders inquiry into Paris Jackson's well-being - CBS News
    I would like to know why Dr Conrad Murray is sending her messages. SMH
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I would like to know why Dr Conrad Murray is sending her messages. SMH
    Good point, why is he allowed access to her?
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

+ Reply to Thread