+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3913Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

FORT Fogey

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

The Amanda Bynes story bothers me enough that I've gotten to the point that it almost upsets me to see the people making fun of her and laughing at her. One of my favorite comedians tweeted the other day that she's clearly mentally ill, and that mocking her is kind of like mocking an epileptic in the middle of a siezure for behaving strangely. I agree with that. At best, she's realized she's a has been, is bothered by not having fame, and is behaving strangely to get into the public eye. At worst she is mentally ill and going untreated. Either way, the very best thing for her would be for the public and media to look the other way, leave her alone, and let her family try any means they can come up with to get her help.

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    The Amanda Bynes story bothers me enough that I've gotten to the point that it almost upsets me to see the people making fun of her and laughing at her. One of my favorite comedians tweeted the other day that she's clearly mentally ill, and that mocking her is kind of like mocking an epileptic in the middle of a seizure for behaving strangely. I agree with that. At best, she's realized she's a has been, is bothered by not having fame, and is behaving strangely to get into the public eye. At worst she is mentally ill and going untreated. Either way, the very best thing for her would be for the public and media to look the other way, leave her alone, and let her family try any means they can come up with to get her help.
    They showed an interview with her 5 years ago I think it was. If she was taking any medication then, to keep her stable -they were working
    I think she has taken herself off any prescribed medications. jmho -but she looks like hell, and my heart goes out to her
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    The Amanda Bynes story bothers me enough that I've gotten to the point that it almost upsets me to see the people making fun of her and laughing at her. One of my favorite comedians tweeted the other day that she's clearly mentally ill, and that mocking her is kind of like mocking an epileptic in the middle of a siezure for behaving strangely. I agree with that. At best, she's realized she's a has been, is bothered by not having fame, and is behaving strangely to get into the public eye. At worst she is mentally ill and going untreated. Either way, the very best thing for her would be for the public and media to look the other way, leave her alone, and let her family try any means they can come up with to get her help.
    This! And I'm glad someone else said it. Something just seems so wrong with her right now and I don't think it is funny. Unlike Lohan, who is just a drunk and a drug addict who doesn't think she has a problem . . . in this case, I think something is seriously wrong and I worry for her about where it will end.

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2 View Post
    Ness - i used a metal coat hanger lol

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2
    ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!

Hey, back in the day, as long as you HANDLED YOUR BUSINESS, it didn't matter HOW it got handled, DID it?

LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!
    MiaT2 likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    ness, you can tell a story and paint a picture like no one else!!!

Anyone else concerned about the stories regarding Amanda Bynes? Seriously something is so totally off with her right now - it is actually scary. The stories I read today about her viciously denying on Twitter that she was even in Buffalo yesterday - despite there being pictures and a paper trail, when it doesn't even sound like she did anything bad - are just so totally weird that I am starting to think there is something seriously wrong with her, mentally!
    We do what we can, KatesMom!!!

LOL!

And re Amanda Bynes?

Yeah, I'm worried.

Something is NOT right and NOT connecting with her, upstairs.

And yes, it IS scary, to me.

Sooner or later, the other shoe is going to HAVE to drop, with her.

And even though I won't be looking for it, I'm sure the news will come to me, and all the rest of us, as well.

SMH.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I read that her parents say she has been paranoid since her teens years. That she would cover eletronic items around their house because she was convinced the government was spying on her and that she was being video tapped. I wonder why they didn't take her for help then. They say she has never been diagnosed with any mental disorder. Now they can't force her to go, but then she was a minor and they could have. I don't get it.
    They need to do like Britney Spears' parents did and have her declared incompetent (or whatever it was that they did that gave her father the power to be her guardian and make decisions for her). Britney was an adult at the time, but once her father had that authority, he could make those kinds of decisions, and she managed to get back on track.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Apparently, her parents tried, but there not enough evidence of mental illness (according to the court) for them to order a conservatorship.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Oh, wow.

REgarding Amanda, I have read that her parents were afraid this was going to happen as she had been exhibiting issues as a teenager. And doesn't schizophrenia usually manifest in the teen years? She clearly is not well, either she went off her meds or drug use is contributing to the problem. I feel sad for her as I always liked her and thought she still had a nice career ahead of her.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

REading more about her behavior with her neighbors, I worry that she might harm one of them as well as herself.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

+ Reply to Thread