+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5193Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    Agreed, ness. I don't think she looks good - actually I never have. My big thing with her is that her clothes never fit. She always seems to wear clothes that are at least one size too small. Maybe she thinks it is tighter and looks sexier. In my opinion, it just always makes her look overweight, which I really don't think she is. You can do sexy and still be classy. For as much money as she makes . . . and her age and status, she is old enough and well-off enough to know that it really isn't a good look for her (and isn't doing her any favors)!
    She also wears them way way too short. She had someone bring her blanket ( or cover) because the dress was riding up( she showed off her panties for goodness sake) . She also wore heels that were enormous. That was before the children, but none the less, her dress sense is tacky in my book
    ness likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Will say that Mariah did have the body for that dress the other morning and, with the right undergarments, it would have looked good, but the thong was allllll wrong! Still, going up a size wold have been to her benefit.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I agree with the too small clothes making a person look overweight. Both celebrity & non-celebrity.
    Mariah has a dynamite figure, especially for after giving birth to twins. Proper fitting clothing would show this off. With the ones she wears, she always looks like she could stand to lose 10-15 pounds. Not to mention the comfort factor. Clothes that fit properly feel good. When you feel good, you look good.

I think she's just one of many stars who can't stand the fact that they are getting older & feel they can somehow stop this. I also think she's insecure in herself. I've felt this for a long time.
    We look at stars like her & see talent, looks, and a gifted life. So often the truth in their own minds & lives is totally different. They have more insecurities & problems than us nobodies do.

I heard this weekend someone say that challenge, work & difficulties are necessary for us to thrive. When we work to overcome our difficulties we build our own character & accomplishments. When that stops & we reach our goals & become complacent, life becomes too easy, & people fall apart.
    This is why so many stars (music, acting, sports, etc.) have messed up lives. Life became too easy.
    ness and Debb70 like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

I am sure she has a stylist and mirror- a mirror always helps, no matter your size, weight or dress sense
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    I agree with the too small clothes making a person look overweight. Both celebrity & non-celebrity.
    Mariah has a dynamite figure, especially for after giving birth to twins. Proper fitting clothing would show this off. With the ones she wears, she always looks like she could stand to lose 10-15 pounds. Not to mention the comfort factor. Clothes that fit properly feel good. When you feel good, you look good.

I think she's just one of many stars who can't stand the fact that they are getting older & feel they can somehow stop this. I also think she's insecure in herself. I've felt this for a long time.
    We look at stars like her & see talent, looks, and a gifted life. So often the truth in their own minds & lives is totally different. They have more insecurities & problems than us nobodies do.

I heard this weekend someone say that challenge, work & difficulties are necessary for us to thrive. When we work to overcome our difficulties we build our own character & accomplishments. When that stops & we reach our goals & become complacent, life becomes too easy, & people fall apart.
    This is why so many stars (music, acting, sports, etc.) have messed up lives. Life became too easy.

So true. I like the way you worded this. I have wondered about it this for so long. If we never have a sense of accomplishment, then we don't feel worthy of anything.
    I thought of this when I heard that a 19 year-old had won the lottery a couple of weeks ago. I think it was over 600 million. Poor child. At that age, I can't imagine she/he will ever find much happiness in life.

Like her, or not, Mariah has a killer voice.

THAT said . . .

I agree with those of you above who've said she's insecure. If she wasn't, I don't think she'd be trying to chase The Fountain of Youth like she oh-so-obviously is.

Did I wear my share of spray-painted-on clothing, back in the day? YES, I did. I VIVIDLY recall wearing jeans so tight I had to LAY DOWN ON THE FLOOR WITH A PAIR OF PLIERS, grab the zipper pull with the pliers, blow ALL the air out of my body, press my spine down into the floor/carpet, and PULL FOR MY LIFE.

Then, that only left maneuvering the button through the buttonhole.

Which could take a minute or two, or fifteen, until I got it down to a science.

We're not even going to TOUCH on how I had to roll over onto my tummy and carefully adjust and move my limbs to be able to gradually maneuver myself into a standing position.

And I was doing THAT foolishness when I was a size THREE or FIVE, for heaven's sake!!!!

And eating and/or drinking anything were DEFINITELY out after I finally got myself hermetically sealed into those jeans.

And yep, I also wore my share of spray-painted-on dresses and other clothing that was cut DOWN to there and UP to there.

Not to mention a jewelry box FULL of necklaces, rings, earrings, bracelets, AT ONE TIME!, five/six-inch FMPs (that I could ACTUALLY RUN IN, if I had to!), etc., etc.

But you had better believe that I DID NOT LET MY 30s (or even my mid-to-late 20s, actually) DAWN ON ME STILL DRESSING THIS INSANELY.

SOMEWHERE along the line, comfort became a MAJOR consideration for me. I also realized that I no longer wanted or needed to try to dress like I was still in my teens, because I actually happened to LIKE the age that I'd reached and knew that I no LONGER needed to dress like a circus clown or slut to gain anybody's approval and/or attention.

I actually evolved into, and became, a secure, happy person.

I daresay Mariah loves Nick, loves her kids, and loves to sing.

But, IMHO, SOMETHING is STILL missing, there, because if it wasn't, I cannot begin to fathom in any way, shape or form WHY she continues to dress (and behave, a lot of times) like a well-heeled dingbat bimbo, when --- in SOME circles, at least --- she would be considered middle-aged, or knocking the HELL out of middle age, at the very least.

JMHO.
    Last edited by ness; 05-30-2013 at 11:23 PM.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Ness - i used a metal coat hanger lol

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2
    ness likes this.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

ness, you can tell a story and paint a picture like no one else!!!

Anyone else concerned about the stories regarding Amanda Bynes? Seriously something is so totally off with her right now - it is actually scary. The stories I read today about her viciously denying on Twitter that she was even in Buffalo yesterday - despite there being pictures and a paper trail, when it doesn't even sound like she did anything bad - are just so totally weird that I am starting to think there is something seriously wrong with her, mentally!
    ness likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    ness, you can tell a story and paint a picture like no one else!!!

Anyone else concerned about the stories regarding Amanda Bynes? Seriously something is so totally off with her right now - it is actually scary. The stories I read today about her viciously denying on Twitter that she was even in Buffalo yesterday - despite there being pictures and a paper trail, when it doesn't even sound like she did anything bad - are just so totally weird that I am starting to think there is something seriously wrong with her, mentally!
    Her parents are worried as well. They said she has heard voices for some time.
    -Andy Rooney-

I read that her parents say she has been paranoid since her teens years. That she would cover eletronic items around their house because she was convinced the government was spying on her and that she was being video tapped. I wonder why they didn't take her for help then. They say she has never been diagnosed with any mental disorder. Now they can't force her to go, but then she was a minor and they could have. I don't get it.

+ Reply to Thread