+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4743Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2 View Post
    Also - I still don't believe anyone else could have made a clown as terrifying as he (Pennywise)

He was pretty darn creepy/scary in the two episodes of CRIMINAL MINDS that he did . . . Our Darkest Hour & The Longest Night as Billy Flynn . . . his teeth alone gave me nightmares!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Tim's two standouts for me are, of course, "Rocky Horror Picture Show" and "IT".

My prayers are with him, and I hope he pulls out of this.

Mariah?

Didn't see her GMA appearance, but I believe every word of shay's post, and frankly, I'm not at ALL surprised.

I seem to recall, from a few years back, her appearance on some music awards show (might've been the MTV Music Awards). Anyhoo, she was actually drunk when she took the podium and Helen Keller could've seen that. Nothing wrong with partying and celebrating, but do you think, that maybe, just MAYBE out of a sense of decorum, WHATEVER, that you'd NOT get up to accept an award when you're --- for all intents and purposes --- damn near knee-walking, commode-hugging drunk? Or, are your so-called handlers and/or entourage so cowed by you that they'd actually not say a word to stop you and allow you to make a fool of yourself on national TV? With friends/employees like THAT, who the hell needs enemies?

As for the spray-painted-on clothing, she's been doing THAT for YEARS.

Both she AND Madonna need to seriously get real lives.

Nick and her kids are the ones I truly feel sorry for.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

So sad to hear about Tim Curry. I grew up going to RHPS.

I happen to be watching Legend right now and NO ONE has ever played a bigger, bada$$ devil than Tim Curry. He still scares the crap out of me.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Okay, I checked out the videos of Mariah on GMA. The first part where she sang was pretty good. I didn't even have a problem with the sparkley dress. It didn't look that bad to me, although it was too tight, because it tore. It was when she changed into the pink dress and was sitting down singing that it got bizarre, IMO. Apparently, things didn't go according to plans with that performance. She must have gotten there late and didn't have time to run things through, since in the first song she carried the mic box in her hand and mic in the other.

She needs to wear dresses that have frabric that will give if she wants them snug. And her heels were too high for her to walk in them. I'm so over that. It's just boring, IMO. I'm not impressed with the super high heel for women on stage. I'm just bored with the stupidity of people who love the shoe so much they don't care how ridiculous they look.

Professional performers often critique young performers about how to look confident on stage and how to overcome nerves when performing etc. But then there are experienced performers like Beyonce, Mariah, Lady GaGa, etc. who look terrified they are going to fall down on their asp because of their super high heels on stage. Why is that okay, but looking nervous about singing is not?

I'm not sure what was wrong with her when she was sitting and singing in the pink dress....drugs or something. She didn't look all there. I'm not sure what else it could be. I don't think just being not so smart makes you look like that.

re Mariah: I just saw on the front page of some site (AOL? cant remember and now cant find it) that GMA covered the audio of the bad performance with the actual track for the west coast. Funny.
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Just like jeans are now made with 1% spandex material added in, just seems like these sprayed on dresses would also have it. There's notghing wrong with the sprayed on dresses as long as you have sense enough to wear the appropriate undergarments.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    As for the spray-painted-on clothing, she's been doing THAT for YEARS.

Both she AND Madonna need to seriously get real lives.

Nick and her kids are the ones I truly feel sorry for.
    Mariah's clothing taste has actually improved in recent years. I think since around the time she got together with Nick.
    She used to dress like a stick thin teenybopper of about 13-14 years old, only she WASN'T. Lots of butteflies, sparkles, ridiculously bright neon colors & probably unicorns. She was beginning to become a laughingstock for it. Then she started to improve & at least dress her age, although still tasteless.

I think whoever talked to her before needs to give it another try.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    Mariah's clothing taste has actually improved in recent years. I think since around the time she got together with Nick.
    She used to dress like a stick thin teenybopper of about 13-14 years old, only she WASN'T. Lots of butteflies, sparkles, ridiculously bright neon colors & probably unicorns. She was beginning to become a laughingstock for it. Then she started to improve & at least dress her age, although still tasteless.

I think whoever talked to her before needs to give it another try.
    OK.

Fair enough.

I DO recall the butterflies, sparkles, neon colors, etc., when she REALLY shouldn't've been going there.

God above KNOWS she SHOULDN'T'VE been going there, even THEN!

Still, to me, as a married woman/mother-of-two, she might very well've moved on from the butterflies, sparkles, etc., BUT . . .

IMHO, she's STILL not doing herself any favors with the spray-painted-on clothing cut down to THERE (putting her at risk of a permanent chest cold or WORSE!), or cut up to THERE, with the FMPs, and all the rest of it.

I'm NOT saying or suggesting that because she IS a married mother with two small kids, now, that she should dress like she's a convent resident.

But, PUH-LEESE! Mariah is 43 YEARS OLD!! And maybe this opinion makes me an old fogey (and if so, I'll GLADLY claim that label!). But DAMN! I also happen to think that there IS some validity in the "LESS IS MORE!" school of thought, too!

Like her, or NOT --- and I DON'T! --- her talent CANNOT be denied.

So, why not let her TALENT be the star of her particular show?

IF she's a secure, mature, happy person, that is?

And yep, maybe whoever it was that might've had a chat with her before could and SHOULD have ANOTHER chat with her, again.

Might not do any good, but it couldn't hurt, either.

Just sayin'.
    Last edited by ness; 05-28-2013 at 11:15 PM.
    AmyKay and Debb70 like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Agreed, ness. I don't think she looks good - actually I never have. My big thing with her is that her clothes never fit. She always seems to wear clothes that are at least one size too small. Maybe she thinks it is tighter and looks sexier. In my opinion, it just always makes her look overweight, which I really don't think she is. You can do sexy and still be classy. For as much money as she makes . . . and her age and status, she is old enough and well-off enough to know that it really isn't a good look for her (and isn't doing her any favors)!
    ness likes this.

I know some people in real life who like their clothes really tight. In fact, two sizes too small. They have made comments about it and they admit it, but they fail to acknowledge that it looks terrible on them. And it shows all their little bulges and imperfections. I don't get it, but I don't think people like that will change, no matter how old they are.

I haven't figure out what benefit they get from it. Do they do it to keep weight control on their mind? Do they think that the super tight clothes makes them look smaller? Like, if I'm a size 10, but I wear a 6, I will appear to be a 6? I know, it's crazy, but I can't figure out what they get out of it. And aren't they uncomfortable? I would be miserable all bound up and can't breath. Go figure.
    Last edited by Debb70; 05-29-2013 at 11:44 AM.
    ness likes this.

+ Reply to Thread