+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4741Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Actor Tim Curry (Rocky Horror Picture Show) has suffered a major stroke. The 67 year-old actor is said to be recovering nicely. I hope he makes a swift recovery and suffers no paralysis or speech problems, like Kirk Douglas.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/rocky-horror-star-tim-curry-suffers-major-stroke-8631263.html

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Was I the only one who saw Mariah Carey on the GMA concert in Central Park this morning?? This appearance was a hot mess, to say the least. I do love Mariah's voice and think she is a beautiful woman, but maybe she should stay in the studio. Although I don't want to believe so, she looked like she had been out all night and had just arrived in the park moments before. She was wearing this gorgeous sprayed-on dress that she couldn't really maneuver in....she looked like a statue. She said it was a Versace. She needed somebody to help her around to any point on the stage that she wanted to get to; she kept saying "Somebody help a lady out." The dress probably should have been the next size up, because you could see every roll she had. She was, obviously, not wearing any kind of figure-control garment since you could tell that she was probably wearing a thong; Spanx would have smoothed her out tremendously. Her breasts were hanging at 2 different levels, like one side of the dress had given away. Then she said something about the back of her dress having popped open....and it looked like the zipper had given away (she showed the back); a couple of assistants arrived on the stage to work on correcting the dress malfunction, and they went to commercial. Commercial is over, and she is there with the breasts, finally, at the same level, in the same dress, but still not moving very much. She was holding her mic pack in her hand, with the cord being obvious, and she admitted to not having time to put her mic on. THIS MADE NO SENSE!!! Another commercial....she comes back in another beautiful, looser flowing pink dress; she points out that she has taken off her shoes. She sat in a huge prop chair with her dress pulled way up on her thighs, waving her bare feet around and pointing her toes, and never got up again!! She performed a duet with singer Miguel (from her seated position), from her new album; he had the majority of the song, and toward the end of the song, she had a part in her upper range, and she sounded like she had laryngitis....she was no where near as stellar as she should have been. Definitely showed that the first couple of songs were lip-synched, and this one was LIVED. I WAS FLOORED!!! I could not believe what I had just witnessed.

She was a total mess.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

OMG! I hate that happened to Mariah, but she knows better. She wore clothes that were way too tight on AI the entire season. I have commented on the AI thread about it. I don't enjoy watching performers whose clothes are so tight they can't move and their shoes are so high, they can't walk unassisted. To me it's crazy. Still, it's too bad. She's music royality and at her age, I like to see ladies look good and impress the crowd. She has the ability.

I was turned off when I saw her new video that premired on AI. It was not appropriate, IMO. She's not 19 anymore. I think she's freaking out or something. Her and Madonna can't seem to let it go and just be a mature woman.

I am sure she knew her breasts would *pop out* She is on some kind of drug, she sounded confused and stupid.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Actor Tim Curry (Rocky Horror Picture Show) has suffered a major stroke. The 67 year-old actor is said to be recovering nicely. I hope he makes a swift recovery and suffers no paralysis or speech problems, like Kirk Douglas.
    My favorite Tim Curry moment:

Muppet Treasure Island - Professional Pirate - YouTube
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

Ah, Tim Curry. Love him. Here is to his recovery. May it be swift.
    libgirl2 likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Tim Curry - Oh No!!!! Hope he's okay.

Another fun Tim curry clip compilation - Top 135 Tim curry quotes

Also - I still don't believe anyone else could have made a clown as terrifying as he (Pennywise)
    mom2 likes this.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I am sure she knew her breasts would *pop out* She is on some kind of drug, she sounded confused and stupid.
    As much as I don't want to think so, it did seem "druggy". I really don't want to believe that with 2 year old twins, she would be trodding down that path. That would just be too tragic.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

As I've observed Mariah over the years, I've decided that drugs aren't her major problem (though back when she had her TRL break down I think they were involved). I think she's just a bit stupid, and not a classy woman. She's surrounded by great handlers who create an image for her, and when well prepped, she can perform the role they create. But when she's not well prepped, we get what we got this morning. I may be totally wrong but that is my theory.

IT is the reason I hate clowns to this day.

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2 View Post
    Tim Curry - Oh No!!!! Hope he's okay.

Another fun Tim curry clip compilation - Top 135 Tim curry quotes

Also - I still don't believe anyone else could have made a clown as terrifying as he (Pennywise)
    libgirl2 likes this.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

+ Reply to Thread