+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4617Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

I don't usually make posts like this, but this was a special night...

Sometimes I forget that I live in New York City, where one learns to expect the unexpected at every corner. I work remotely from home as a graphic artist, which means that long stretches of time can go by without me leaving the hosue. After about a month straight of sitting at home making PowerPoint slides, I decided to go down to my favorite Village piano bar tonight, to see old friends and sing some showtunes.

Well, who should walk into the bar? Eric Stonestreet & Ty Burrell from Modern Family, Rich Sommer (Harry) from Mad Men, and Kevin McHale & Darren Criss from Glee! They were all so fun & friendly, and Eric was particularly kind, gabbing and taking a picture with me. Rap/hip-hop lover Kevin kept talking about wanting to sing Sondheim all night, lol. We all sang Chicago, Into the Woods, a wee bit of Rodgers & Hart, and (ugh) Les Miz till last call. I think the reason they were all in town at the same time was to see Jane Lynch (Glee) start her run as Miss Hannigan in Annie on Broadway...

I'm so glad I remembered what city I lived in for a night...it pays to leave the house!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

MFWalkoff, That sounds so wonderful!! What a treat! That's what is so great about NYC. Anything is possible in that city. I'm a celebity hound, so I love stories like this.
    bee stung lips likes this.

FORT Fogey

MFWalkoff, OMG, I would have lost it. I have spent a lot of time in NYC and have seen celebs on the street and many on airplanes when I was a flight attendant many years ago. I get a tad star struck but remain calm. But this! THIS?? Ohhhhh wow, how cool, so very cool!!!

JEALOUS!!! What fun!
    Count your blessings!

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Barbara Walter's daughter Jacqueline was arrested in Naples, Florida over the weekend for a DUI.

Barbara Walters' Daughter Jacqueline Arrested For DUI

How about a happy story? Back when Zach Galifianakis lived in Santa Monica, there was a lady who would help people fold their clothes at a laundromat for tips and Zach became friends with her. A few years ago, ZG found out she had become homeless, so he found her an apartment and paid her rent. She goes to his movie premieres too, including Hangover 3.

Zach Galifianakis -- My 'Hangover' Date's 87 and Not Homeless (Anymore) | TMZ.com
    ness, AmyKay and JavaJo like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

How about a happy story? Back when Zach Galifianakis lived in Santa Monica, there was a lady who would help people fold their clothes at a laundromat for tips and Zach became friends with her. A few years ago, ZG found out she had become homeless, so he found her an apartment and paid her rent. She goes to his movie premieres too, including Hangover 3.

Zach Galifianakis -- My 'Hangover' Date's 87 and Not Homeless (Anymore) | TMZ.com

ETA: Another article: Zach Galifianakis to take woman he rescued from homelessness as date to 'Hangover Part III' premiere - NY Daily News

Apparently, Renee Zellweger buys Mimi groceries....which makes it pretty much the only thing that could make me like Rene Zellweger.
    Last edited by Critical; 05-21-2013 at 06:10 PM.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Aw, that's so sweet of him. Nice to read of something kind instead of the usual idiocy we hear about celebs.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

so one of the gossip rags (not one to be trusted, mind you) has KK's face plastered on it with "Her biggest fear, He's GAY!" in regards to Kanye. The only reason I bring this is up is that the rumored love interest of Kanye is none other than the designer of the "couch" dress. Makes me think she had no choice but to wear what he made, and/or Kanye brainwashed her into thinking it looked good. It also makes me questions other things that I wouldnt put past the Kardashians. We know KK wanted to start/was getting fertility treatments around the time she started seeing Kanye. What if the baby isnt his? She has known Kanye for YEARS, and if he is in fact gay, does she know/is she in on it?
    Maybe my cynicism is getting to me since finding out KStew/Rpatz wasnt really a relationship, it was a contract, as were Selena/Beiber. I thought only the Kardashians and Taylor swift would try to pull the wool over the public's eye.
    Also, I dont like "outing" of people lately, these celebs should come out on their own terms when and if they want to. But the fake relationships bother me, and Im not sure why.
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

Quote Originally Posted by AmyKay View Post
    so one of the gossip rags (not one to be trusted, mind you) has KK's face plastered on it with "Her biggest fear, He's GAY!" in regards to Kanye. The only reason I bring this is up is that the rumored love interest of Kanye is none other than the designer of the "couch" dress. Makes me think she had no choice but to wear what he made, and/or Kanye brainwashed her into thinking it looked good. It also makes me questions other things that I wouldnt put past the Kardashians. We know KK wanted to start/was getting fertility treatments around the time she started seeing Kanye. What if the baby isnt his? She has known Kanye for YEARS, and if he is in fact gay, does she know/is she in on it?
    Maybe my cynicism is getting to me since finding out KStew/Rpatz wasnt really a relationship, it was a contract, as were Selena/Beiber. I thought only the Kardashians and Taylor swift would try to pull the wool over the public's eye.
    Also, I dont like "outing" of people lately, these celebs should come out on their own terms when and if they want to. But the fake relationships bother me, and Im not sure why.
    Seriously? I hadn't read this and now I have to go searching!!

FWIW, I caught about 5 minutes of K&K Take Miami last night and at least on the show, they play it off like the pregnancy was a total surprise. She went off birth control to flush her system and the plan was for her to freeze her eggs? I have no idea what is true and what isn't - but I hadn't read about fertility treatments (apparently I am reading the wrong magazines)!!

On ZG - this story was very heartwarming and nice to read. I seem to recall reading stories about him being a total DB to people - so this story was nice and showed a different side of him than what seems to be out there!

+ Reply to Thread