+ Reply to Thread
Page 85 of 1168 FirstFirst ... 357576777879808182838485868788899091929394951351855851085 ... LastLast
Like Tree5244Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Congratulations Marcia and Tom.

Link

NEW YORK - It's fraternal twin girls for Marcia Cross. The "Desperate Housewives" actress, 44, gave birth to daughters Eden and Savannah in Los Angeles on Tuesday, her spokeswoman said Wednesday. The father is Cross' stockbroker husband, Tom Mahoney.

"Mother and babies are all doing well," publicist Heidi Slan said in an e-mail to The Associated Press.

Cross, who was expecting the twins in April, was put on bed rest in January. "This is a precautionary measure only," Slan told the AP at the time.

Producers of "Desperate Housewives," in which Cross stars as the persnickety Bree, decided last month to move production of her scenes to her Los Angeles home, according to a recent story posted on TV Guide's Web site.

Cross and Mahoney married in June 2006. The couple dated for more than a year and became engaged in August 2005.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Anna Nicole Discussion

Due to the high interest in the Anna Nicole saga, we've decided to give the issue an entire thread which is here.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl;2252629;
    Due to the high interest in the Anna Nicole saga, we've decided to give the issue an entire thread which is here.
    Only 596 posts about it, PhoneGrrrl, hardly anyone talking about it.

No, seriously though... that's a great idea, now I won't feel so guilty about monopolizing the Misc Celeb News thread. Thanks for doing that!
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl;2252629;
    Oh, thank you ever so much. For those of us with no interest in the ongoing ANS saga, or any idea of who all the players are, Miscellaneous Celebrity was becoming a fairly depressing thread to enter.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2252942;
    Oh, thank you ever so much. For those of us with no interest in the ongoing ANS saga, or any idea of who all the players are, Miscellaneous Celebrity was becoming a fairly depressing thread to enter.
    Yeah, I was one of those posting about the ANS and even I was feeling bad about all the posts we all had ongoing about it.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Sorry, Rattus! We got all caught up without thinking about anything or anyone else.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2252957;
    Sorry, Rattus! We got all caught up without thinking about anything or anyone else.
    Wait, I think I know how to get Rattus to forgive us!

*flashes a quick picture to Rattus*

Are we forgiven now, Rattus?

You are all forgiven, and thanks again for that delightful picture . Actually, I completely understand why everyone was posting about ANS, I was just missing my daily dose of other celebrity trivia.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2253377;
    You are all forgiven, and thanks again for that delightful picture . Actually, I completely understand why everyone was posting about ANS, I was just missing my daily dose of other celebrity trivia.
    And yet we STILL don't have any!

Okay. If nobody else will, I will. It's actually harder than you'd think, since the Entertainment shows and web sites are wall to wall Anna and Brit-Brit still. There's always some Tom Cruise to be had, but that's got its own topic too.

Let's see... Busta Ryhmes got "busted" again. But that's nothing new. American Idol's producers are greedy bastiches and opening a camp for young wannabees. But AI has a whole forum, so that can't go here. Amanda Peet had her baby. Congrats to her, but... yawn. Wait... I've got it. Lets talk about the people who talk about the people. Perez Hilton for one...

E! News - Blogger Perez Sued over Topless Aniston Pic - Jennifer Aniston | Vince Vaughn

Blogger Perez Sued over Topless Aniston Pic
    by Natalie Finn
    Wed, 21 Feb 2007 09:50:00 PM PST

Universal has a boob, er, bone to pick with Perez Hilton.

The studio sued the celebrity-gossip blogger Tuesday for copyright infringement, accusing Hilton of posting a stolen topless picture of Jennifer Aniston that was shot and then swiped either during production or postproduction of 2006's The Break-Up.

The scantily clad shot of Aniston, 38, didn't end up in the final cut of the antiromantic comedy, which grossed more than $118 million at the box office last summer amid reports of a real-life hookup between Aniston and costar Vince Vaughn.

Universal City Studios Productions alleges that the shot posted on Perezhilton.com was "misappropriated and illegally copied," according to court documents obtained by the Smoking Gun, and that Hilton "illegally obtained a copy of all or part of the stolen footage."

The blog purveyor, whose real name is Mario Lavandeira, then disregarded a letter sent earlier this month requesting that he take down the offending footage and continued to display the racy shot, Universal states in its complaint.

Hilton's legal camp is saying, however, that the picture was just as available for viewing on other Websites, and that because Hilton published the picture "for the purpose of commentary and satire," his actions constitute fair use.

"It is unfortunate that Universal has chosen to bring this lawsuit as our client has done nothing wrong," attorney Bryan Freedman said in a statement obtained by E! Online, adding that the brazen blogger did take the Aniston picture down when he finally learned of Universal's request.

"Apparently, Universal's notice was sent somewhere in Arizona rather than to our client directly, and when our client received direct notice, in good faith, our client removed the picture notwithstanding the right to the fair use of the photograph.

"Our client questions whether this lawsuit was in fact motivated by Ms. Aniston as a result of her disdain for viewpoints expressed about her on the site," Freedman continued, referring to the fairly catty tone Hilton, 28, generally takes when commenting on the former Friends star, going so far as to refer to her as "Maniston."

"Otherwise, there seems to be no reason to single our client out when, as Universal and Ms. Aniston know, the picture was published on numerous Websites before any publication on our client's site," Freedman said.

According to its complaint, Universal is seeking unspecified damages; an injunction barring any further use of the studio's copyrighted material, be it photos, videos, Internet content or, well, anything; and a seizure order allowing the U.S. Marshals to impound any items "possessed, owned or under the control of Defendants…and all persons in active concert or participation with them" that infringe the studio's copyrights, as well as any business records related to the obtainment of said items.

While Hilton doesn't discriminate with regard to the content he posts—the more lascivious the better, usually—Universal isn't the first outfit to have a beef with the West Hollywood-based columnist as to how he obtains that content.

Celebrity photo agency X17 has filed a $7.5 million copyright suit against Hilton, accusing him of using its images without permission, a complaint that the Miami native has said is just one more opportunity to make his point via the justice system.

"I believe at the core of my being that I'm not doing anything illegal or unethical. They have their points, and I have my points, so I guess the only way to decide this is through the legal system," Hilton, who was also sued by the New York Post at one point because he used to call his site PageSixSixSix, told a reporter for McClatchy Newspapers earlier this month.

Jennifer Aniston is no stranger to being caught with her top down, either.

The actress, who recently vouched for the authenticity of her cleavage in an interview with People, reached an undisclosed settlement with photographer Peter Brandt last September in an invasion-of-privacy lawsuit she filed against the paparazzo in 2005, accusing him of using a telephoto lens to snap her inside her home while she was partly undressed.

Brandt maintains that he took his photos while standing on a public street at least 300 yards away from Aniston's home.

Maybe it's that lens-maker that needs a talking-to.
    Last edited by Krom; 02-23-2007 at 08:30 PM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I didn't know who Perez Hilton was before running across that Jennifer Aniston story, thought he had something to do with Paris Hilton because of the last name and the fact I've been seeing the name Perez Hilton lately appear out of nowhere lately, invariably connected with a seedy story. So he is a blogger/scumby/self created celebrity period, or did he have a life and chose to discard it?

I missed it before but Perez is supposed to be a play on Paris?

Much as I liked Aniston on Friends, seeing long range imagery of her boobs on holiday didn't leave me fixated on seeing updated imagery.

Glad she's of the type that doesn't take kindly to that sort of invasion and strikes back.

+ Reply to Thread