+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4589Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Yes, for her role as Elizabeth. It doesn't get much better than that! Talk about being robbed. And for Gwyneth in that silly little comedy. I lost faith in the Academy and never have regained it. IT's politics, IMO.
    Yes and that silly movie won over Saving Private Ryan, a movie which had me speechless in the opening and sobbing at the end. What a difficult but excellent film that was.
    SpringMaiden27 likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I really don't care about who People Magazine thinks is the most beautiful or handsomest or sexiest. I can't think of anything that's more subjective and individual.

For Gwyneth Paltrow to be thought worse than any of the Kardashians just confirms to me that our species is sinking fast and on its way out. Gwyneith is probably not as talented as her mother, but she is a long time working actress in film and theater and she takes her work seriously and tries to do her best. That's head and shoulders above a Karshashian or any of the other "I'll do anything for to be famous," celebutantes. She has a large body of work and is well thought of in the industry as being professional.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I agree Florimel, even though I didn't care for her work in Shakespeare in Love.

I find no redeeming qualities in the Kardashian/Jenner crew.
    libgirl2 likes this.

Speaking of Iron Man 3, I just heard it was filmed mainly in my state of NC. I may have to support it.
    Yep, and your state taxes paid for the huge amount of money that NC gave the movie people to film in that state.
    All states do it so we all pay it.

I just logged onto my homepage to see yet another pic of Kim K. Oh joy.
    Then I noticed something that seems to be very common in all the latest pictures of her. She just doesn't seem all that happy. No overly done up smiling poses for the camera. Just a rather strained unhappy look on a sparsly made up face without her hair done either. Drab clothes too. This is not the Kim K we've all come to know & roll our collective eyes at.

Is there trouble in paradise? Is Kanye getting sick of her media seeking ways? Of her family? Is she getting sick of his ego which amazingly is even twice the size of hers?

Makes you wonder.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Definitely could be. I also think her divorce took its toll on her. And as I remember well, pregnancy is NOT FUN!! It is the necessary evil to get to the baby. I remember how haggard I was looking trying to keep up a full time job while I was pregnant and uncomfortable (and by the end of the second trimester I also wasn't sleeping well). She has the added pressure of having to look perfect all the time. I think, unlike Jessica and others who are more comfortable looking more natural, that doesn't work as well with Kim - so it is showing on her.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Kanye has also been out of the country for most of the pregnancy, I think. If there's anything you need when you are pregnant, especially for the first time, is your man close to your side to experience this with and to spoil you when you're not feeling your best. I would think she's pretty lonely but, hey....she picked him, and now she's reaping what she's sown.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

I am impressed with celebs who avoid the heavy, black eyeliner on the bottom eyelid. It's my pet peeve, especially for women over 40.
    I agree. It is a bad look on anyone other than models on the runway or photo shoot aiming for an editorial look. It makes your eyes look smaller, as well.

REF. Kim K and her addiction to the cameras. She's all about in NY, CA, wherever. She just can't keep herself at home, relaxing and giving her baby some peace. I don't think it's possible for her to just sit down in chair with a book, listen to some calming music, and stop trying to be the center of attention. It's a mental thing, IMO. It's really disgusting. She'll be dragging the kid around like a lunatic too, once he's born.

Recall about a month ago there was this big scare where she was having pain and rushed to the ER? The doctor supposedly told her to take it easy. What happened to that?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

It's a boy?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread