+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5193Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

I am impressed with celebs who avoid the heavy, black eyeliner on the bottom eyelid. It's my pet peeve, especially for women over 40.
    Shoepie and Miss Scarlet like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    That's funny. Years ago I disliked Gwyneth a lot. I think it was due to her winning a Oscar for that silly movie she was in. I found it ridiculous as her acting was a joke. Later, I saw her in a movie entitled Sylvia, where she plays the poet Sylvia Plath. She was wonderful and I took her off my ship list. lol Lately however, she has become annoying. The way she claims she's NOT a certain way, is not believable to me. Still, it's difficult to get lower than a Kardashian, Jenner or Brown.

I do think Gwyneth is physically beautiful. I find her obsession with food a turn off.
    The year Cate Blanchett should have won! I still get angry when I think about it.
    SpringMaiden27 likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    The year Cate Blanchett should have won! I still get angry when I think about it.
    Yes, for her role as Elizabeth. It doesn't get much better than that! Talk about being robbed. And for Gwyneth in that silly little comedy. I lost faith in the Academy and never have regained it. IT's politics, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I long ago quit agreeing with People's choice of Beautiful men and women. They base their picks on who's popular at the moment. Gwenny is having a little surge in the news w/her book and her extreme food choices/beliefs and she's not unattractive.........but most beautiful?? nope.
    Exactly. I was trying to think of the last movie I saw her in- nope, nothing.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

What ISN'T politics, anymore?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Exactly. I was trying to think of the last movie I saw her in- nope, nothing.
    Well, she has a big part in the upcoming Iron Man 3. I think that's where some of her popularity has come from - the Iron Man movies (and then she had a brief part in the Avengers).

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    Well, she has a big part in the upcoming Iron Man 3. I think that's where some of her popularity has come from - the Iron Man movies (and then she had a brief part in the Avengers).
    Thanks KM. I don't follow Iron Man.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Speaking of Iron Man 3, I just heard it was filmed mainly in my state of NC. I may have to support it.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I am impressed with celebs who avoid the heavy, black eyeliner on the bottom eyelid. It's my pet peeve, especially for women over 40.
    I agree. I have enough trouble trying to hide the dark circles under my eyes without encouraging them.
    I always think that look makes them look either like they've been crying or like a kid who doesn't know how to put on makeup yet.

I like makeup & wear makeup & am not a fan of the makeup free look, but there's overkill. When you end up looking like a clown or overdone hooker who's just been in a fight, it's too much.

Pay attention celebrities! Enhance, not paint.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

IMO, the extra thick, dark eyeliner on the lower lid, really dates a woman. You may can get away with it if you are under 30, but after that, it really ages you. I think that most all of the Housewives, use way too much. I think they could shave years off their appearance by just tossing that old habit.

+ Reply to Thread