+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4946Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

While I wouldn't pay $3K to see her, I would definitely spend a couple hundred. I've heard she puts on a fantastic show and I like her music so why not.
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

I cant imagine anyone paying 3K.( gulp) That's way too much, but I have also heard she puts on a great concert.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Three grand for a Beyonce concert ticket? She's even more delusional than I thought. I really DO NOT get the big deal with her. Plenty of prettier and more talented - and interesting - singers out there. I'm so sick of her supposed greatness being shoved down our throats.

Way - if Beyonce was giving a concert across the street, I'd move!
    Ain't THAT the livin' truth!

LOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Is it Miss Carter, or MRS. Carter? I think it's #2, but I could be mistaken.
    #2 it is.

Jay-Z's legal last name is "Carter".

One of the reasons she billed this latest tour "The Mrs. Carter Tour" (or something to that effect) is because she's supposedly making a public statement about being married, I think.

Really?

Like that news hadn't gone public, already?

OK.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

One of the reasons she billed this latest tour "The Mrs. Carter Tour" (or something to that effect) is because she's supposedly making a public statement about being married, I think.
    Just the hubris needed to even do this, is what makes me dislike her. I mean, I get that she worked hard, really hard to make it with Destiny's Child. From the stories I heard, her father was practically like MJ's Dad when it came to practicing and rehearsing. But it's what she's done since shaking up with Jay Z that gives off that "I'm so wonderful and rich I can barely stand myself" vibe.

Last Fall my friend took me to see Madonna for my birthday. I think she paid about $180 per ticket which is, yes, very high. BUT, after seeing the show, I can sort of understand why. The dancers, the set designers, the sound and light engineers, the production work all have to cost a fortune. The show was great, very entertaining. Like performance art. It was worth it because of what we got out of it. But 3k? Not even if I were sitting on Jay Z's lap on the stage during the show would it be worth it.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

I recall the days when I LOVED listening to Destiny's Child. I enjoyed their music so much. Then when Beyonce left, it seemed like her true self came out. She wasn't appealing to me and I never could shake the feeling I got from her.

Now, the more I hear about Jay Z, the more I wonder about his mentality too. The whole thing about Cuba was so crazy, that I don't even want to know more about it, because I know it'll tick me off.

Whenever I see Beyonce prancing around, I always get this feeling that she doesn't look nearly as good as she thinks she does. I get the same feeling when I watch Jennifer Lopez. They are a legend in their own minds.

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2 View Post
    Just the hubris needed to even do this, is what makes me dislike her. I mean, I get that she worked hard, really hard to make it with Destiny's Child. From the stories I heard, her father was practically like MJ's Dad when it came to practicing and rehearsing. But it's what she's done since shaking up with Jay Z that gives off that "I'm so wonderful and rich I can barely stand myself" vibe.

Last Fall my friend took me to see Madonna for my birthday. I think she paid about $180 per ticket which is, yes, very high. BUT, after seeing the show, I can sort of understand why. The dancers, the set designers, the sound and light engineers, the production work all have to cost a fortune. The show was great, very entertaining. Like performance art. It was worth it because of what we got out of it. But 3k? Not even if I were sitting on Jay Z's lap on the stage during the show would it be worth it.
    Gotcha.

She does have SOME kind of nerve. And, like you, I'd have to say some --- or a LOT of it --- can be traced back to MR. Carter. But, then again, SHE'S the one who chooses to buy into it, so, if he IS the catalyst for her apparent "you-can't-touch-this" arrogance, she has just as much blood on her hands for that as HE does.

Heard those Daddy Dearest stories, too. And I'm of the opinion that there's a LOT of truth to 'em.

That STILL doesn't have anything to do with her smelling herself now, though, the way I see it.

As for Madonna . . .

Trust me, there has been MORE than one show that has been here that, after I stepped away from the ticket window with those high-priced pieces of paper in my hand, I had to wonder just when it was that I lost my ever lovin' mind. I went to those shows, of course, because there was NO way in hell I was going to throw that kind of money down the drain by NOT going.

Were they worth it?

Yes. Matter of fact, I can still see certain aspects of those shows in my mind's eye, many, many years later, in some cases. Hear the music. See the dancing.

Even though the actual ticket prices might've been not really great for my wallet (Oh, hell, OK, CRAZY!), what I got back in terms of magical, still-remembered-fifteen/twenty-years-later, cannot-put-a-price-tag-on experiences made those shows and concerts MORE than worth their monetary prices.

Gotcha.

But now, 3K?

To go see a damned diva?

Now THAT is a blinged-out- nipple-fied bodysuit of a different color!
    Last edited by ness; 04-19-2013 at 10:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I cant imagine anyone paying 3K.( gulp) That's way too much, but I have also heard she puts on a great concert.
    Her music isn't really my thing, so it wouldn't be an issue with me. If someone gave me tickets, maybe I would go, but I wouldn't pay 3K to see anyone.
    Florimel and Fanny Mare like this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I just had to weigh in here. Beyonce is going to make a damn caricature of herself if she keeps it up. That bodysuit was all kinds of stupid. In her earlier days, when she still possibly had some form of humility, I could admire her for her work ethic and some of her music. Now she's just a "star" and her ego is obviously out of control.

Never have been able to stand Jennifer Lopez. I remember early on in her singing career, she had little talent for singing. She really did not have a good singing voice. She did improve so she must have had lessons or worked at it, but she's still not that great. She isn't a great actress either.

I wouldn't pay 3 grand to see anybody, even if I had the money. That's ridiculous! The only possible exception, and I'm not even sure about that, is if we could somehow magically go back in time to the days when Pink Floyd or Led Zeppelin were still in their prime...you get the idea. Even then it would probably be a "no way" from me because I don't like crowds, lol. I am perfectly happy to sit in my office with my volume up and my computer playing youtube videos these days.

I can't believe the prices some of these entertainers charge. There's a great Canadian rock band called Rush who are either touring or going to tour soon and my brother and I both really like them, have since the 80's. I think he told me they were charging something like 300 per ticket. He said he wouldn't pay it, and neither would I. And he loves to see concerts. I just don't know what they're thinking, in this economy! NOBODY is that good.

I can really admire what Kid Rock is doing.
    ness, bee stung lips and Debb70 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    Her music isn't really my thing, so it wouldn't be an issue with me. If someone gave me tickets, maybe I would go, but I wouldn't pay 3K to see anyone.
    If someone gave me tickets, I'd sell them! No way would I sit through a Beyonce ego-fest. Not like she's Barbra Streisand. What makes he think she can charge that much? Bummer for so many of her fans who couldn't afford to go to a concert, even if they got "cheap" seats.
    mom2, Florimel, ness and 3 others like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread