+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4958Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I still don't see Halle's bad taste in men as a case of big ego. Women don't chose men who treat them like crap because they have a big ego. If anything, it's indicative of low self-esteem that she's chosen men who treated her so badly - the first husband beat her, the second one was a serial cheater, Gabriel is what he is. Maybe she's broken the cycle with Olivier. For her daughter's sake, I hope that's the case.
    Gotcha.

Really good and valid points that make a lot of logical sense!

I still, to some extent, though, think she's got an ego the size of the Grand Canyon, and that DOSEN'T do her any favors when it comes to the male merry-go-round that she's always on.

Good stuff!
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

She may have an ego as far as her career goes, but I think she has to have very low self-esteem in her personal life or she wouldn't have made the choices that she has. You can have a big ego and still have low self-esteem.
    ness and JavaJo like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Good points about the Halle above, except that it was my understanding that upon the police investigation and the hiding or destruction of video surveillence of the incident, Halle and her current man jumped at the chance to prevent any charges and make the whole thing go away, since the truth would come out. So an agreement was made under the table to save face from the current man being charged and labeled as dangerous around the child. Perhaps I misunderstood the reports at that time. That was about the time that many people called out Halle for being the instigator she was and they started believing that it was the current man who was the aggessor, not the former boyfriend.

Regardless, she seems oblivious to co-parenting. The current boyfriend seems hot headed and is not likely to work well with Halle's style of parenting, which is to treat the father as a sperm donor, even if the child has a relationship with them.
    You're absolutely right, Debb . . .

That whole mess where Martinez kicked Aubrey's ass WAS swept under the rug, and a deal WAS struck to make it go away. Not ONLY was there the flap regarding the videotapes, but, IIRC, Aubrey also had some kind of phone texts in French that came from Martinez TO him indicating something to the effect that he would beat Aubrey to a pulp. IIRC, those phone texts were sent PRIOR to the beatdown, were translated into English AFTER it, and, the rest is Halle's tacky history.

I didn't do a good job of it, but the whole catalyst for THIS particular part of the mess was that Halle'd appealed to the court for permission to take Nahla out of the country to live in France permanently with her and Martinez BEFORE this part of the mess hit the fan and started blowing. The judge told her no, just a few days before this particular part of the mess got up and running, and the rest is Halle's tacky history.

Oblivious to co-parenting?

Oh, HELL, yeah, she is.

But then again, that --- to me --- is just another example of Halle's gargantuan ego at work in her thinking, feeling, and believing that Aubrey was going to be nothing more than her sperm donor. Then slink quietly off into the sunset to hit it and get it with somebody else, and leave her as a single parent, to do as she wished, WHEN she wished. And when that's not the way it panned out, she eventually dumped him, waited a minute, took up with Martinez, and it was on and poppin' from there.

She's oblivious to co-parenting because her objective was to NEVER co-parent with Aubrey, anyway.

Martinez?

I think HE'S a WHOLE different --- and dangerous --- ball game from Aubrey.

Halle is just so centered on what SHE wants to do that she hasn't thought things through that far and figured it out, yet.

SMH.
    bee stung lips likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    She may have an ego as far as her career goes, but I think she has to have very low self-esteem in her personal life or she wouldn't have made the choices that she has. You can have a big ego and still have low self-esteem.
    Absolutely!

And I believe those two conflicting sides of her mental equation are at war with each other and therefore produce the kind of lunacy we see out of her, when it comes to choosing partners for herself, and making life choices, in general.

Or, at the very least, the war between those conflicting sides contributes in a HUGE degree to the lunacy we see out of her, anyway.
    Last edited by ness; 04-15-2013 at 05:35 PM.
    bee stung lips likes this.

Just saw this . . .

Justin Bieber shadowboxes with a friend INSIDE Anne Frank museum... but shrugs off controversial visit on trip to gym | Mail Online

With all due respect to The House of Frank, Bieber IS a disrespectful, idiot punk.

JMHO.
    Florimel likes this.

Although it was a long time ago, I do remember being a teen-age girl. At that age I was a fan of certain artists such as Johnny Mathis, thr Bobby's (Darin, Vinton, Rydell), even Frankie Avalon, and Dion, among others, but I was never gaga over Elvis and I would not have been a fan of Justin Bieber at any age. I think he was terribly disrespectful to the memory of Anne Frank and I'm disappointed in the Frank House for defending him.
    ness likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    Although it was a long time ago, I do remember being a teen-age girl. At that age I was a fan of certain artists such as Johnny Mathis, thr Bobby's (Darin, Vinton, Rydell), even Frankie Avalon, and Dion, among others, but I was never gaga over Elvis and I would not have been a fan of Justin Bieber at any age. I think he was terribly disrespectful to the memory of Anne Frank and I'm disappointed in the Frank House for defending him.
    As am I.

They probably wanted to avoid incurring that wrath of millions of nasty little girls
    Florimel and ness like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Just saw reports that Sharon and Ozzy Osborne are splitting up....not talking divorce yet, but living separately. They've been married for 31 years

I heard she was seeing someone awhile ago( I laughed that off) now I wonder if that's not true. I guess I dont care very much either way.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread