+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4601Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

The comments under the Guardian piece ended up mostly agreeing that he is a twat.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

During the years that most kids have teachers and mentors making good examples and teaching a teen why some things are stupid or inappropriate to say, Justin didn't. He was just praised all day and worshiped. All he had was yes people who were dumber than he was. So, he's in world where he is the center and he sees nothing wrong with that. I think that if you told him that he was his own worst enemy, he wouldn't even know what they means.

I also wonder if the guy has some mental issues that are becoming apparent. This is a common age for them to appear. And his behavior could also be innfluenced by drugs or alcohol. It could be a combination of all these things. There's nothing they can force him to do though, unless he's far gone enough for a court to step in like they did with Britteny Spears. Remember how bizarre things had to get before her family finally filed to be her guardian?

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Sorry, I don't think Halle is in the same category. Her bad taste in men hasn't got anything to do with a big ego. I guess I don't get the comparison

Justin Bieber is just hitting new lows every week. He's a little punk. Calling Anne Frank a "great girl" is beyond insulting and it trivializes her life. Nothing he will EVER do in his life will come close to her impact on history. The fact that he apparently spent an hour in her home and made it all about himself is incredibly offensive. When he used to pull crap like this, maybe it could be excused because he was a kid. He's 19 now, so no more excuses. He needs a handler and a new PR team immediately.....and he they need to work on him keeping his stupid mouth shut.
    Gotcha.

Yep, Halle has bad taste in men, no doubt about it.

But to me, her ego DOES play into her bad taste in men, big time.

At least the last two of 'em, anyway.

Before she even got pregnant with Nahla, I remember hearing a statement that came directly out of her mouth to the effect that she wanted a baby, and she didn't have to have a man around to have one. This was when she was between men for a hot second. Enter Gabriel Aubrey. They were together for another hot second, then she winds up pregnant. They were kickin' it for awhile, co-parenting. Then Aubrey was out. After another few hot seconds, Martinez was in.

Then begins the donnybrook between Halle and Aubrey. All of a SUDDEN, she's engaged to Martinez (after previously saying she'd never marry again), and wants to move to France permanently. Problem is, it appears that Aubrey --- much to her surprise and chagrin --- was anything BUT the sperm donor she apparently thought he was just going to be when she hooked up with him and got knocked up to get the baby she said she wanted. In response to her request to take Nahla out of the country to live in Paris, the judge told her: "No way!"

From my standpoint, you have got to have one HELL of a huge ego to have even THOUGHT of trying to take your child out of this country permanently to live, when she's got a father in THIS country who apparently loves her very much, and WANTS to be a part of and in her life on an ongoing basis. Most decent, reasonable people would've tried --- if they actually cared about and loved their CHILD, that is --- to've worked it out with the ex, in order to give their child as stable a foundation as possible. New boyfriend/fiance notwithstanding. If the new boyfriend/fiance wanted to move back to his own country to live, too bad, so sad for him. If I were Halle, he'd either rock with me and my ex as we co-parented our kid in THIS country, or he'd get to steppin'.

Halle's ego? To me, another example --- like bsl pointed out upthread somewhere --- would be about how Halle has been photographed and taped too many times acting a fool in public and screaming and cursing at the paps that she has a CHILD with her, yada, yada. Which, to me, was a set-up for her to try to give credence to her argument that she should be allowed to take her and the ex's kid out of the country permanently to live. Because she wanted her child to be "safe" from the paps.

In contrast, the Jolie-Pitt tribe run the pap gauntlet on a regular basis, and you never hear this kind of foolishness about that crowd.

I wonder WHY?

Then, AFTER the judge'd told her no about taking the child out of the country, all of a SUDDEN, the current meets the ex at a child hand-off. Funny, they'd never been around each other at a hand-off BEFORE, but THIS time, they were. And the current winds up beating the crap out of the ex. And, supposedly, the ex is the one who started the fracas, IIRC? My thought is that Halle and the current engineered that little appearance of the current to get the ex into a physical confron with the current. And the ex let himself be played like a Stradivarius. So, after that happened, "proof" could be shown to the court that the ex was a "danger" to the child, and therefore Halle should be allowed to move permanently out of the country with her and the ex's child, because the ex was oh-so OBVIOUSLY dangerous.

Hmmm . . . Far as I know to this point, the judge hasn't rescinded the order that the child NOT be taken out of the country to live on a permanent basis, YET.

So Halle STILL hasn't gotten her way.

THEN, not too long ago, I heard/read a statement she made that when Nahla was 18, she'd (Halle, I suppose) move permanently to France to live.

So, as of this second, at least, she's thrown in the towel on the aspect of getting the child out of this country permanently, so she can "have it HER way!" HER way being that she's away from the ex, in France, with her child, and the current gets what HE wants, which is to move back home to France permanently, so HE'S a happy camper.

Which is all --- to all appearances --- that Halle cares about.

She's so transparent, Stevie Wonder could see through her moves. And her moves seem to be all about what SHE wants and feels should happen, and damn any and everybody else --- ESPECIALLY her ex --- if they don't move around like pawns on her personal chessboard when SHE feels they should so she can get what SHE wants.

Seems like pure, straight-up ego, to me.

Justin Bieber?

ITA with everything you've said about him. I think he's a young punk whose ego has gone completely off the charts. He thinks WAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY more of himself than anybody with common sense thinks OF him. If he didn't, then, you're right, he would've had more respect for Anne Frank than to've referred to her as a "great girl". Excuse me? And yep, he didn't have a CLUE and DID wind up making that visit all about himself.

Sure, he --- for all intents and purposes --- is still running around in diapers. But, up to a point, youth is no excuse for selfishness and ignorance.

Pure, straight-up ego.
    bee stung lips likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Good points about the Halle above, except that it was my understanding that upon the police investigation and the hiding or destruction of video surveillence of the incident, Halle and her current man jumped at the chance to prevent any charges and make the whole thing go away, since the truth would come out. So an agreement was made under the table to save face from the current man being charged and labeled as dangerous around the child. Perhaps I misunderstood the reports at that time. That was about the time that many people called out Halle for being the instigator she was and they started believing that it was the current man who was the aggessor, not the former boyfriend.

Regardless, she seems oblivious to co-parenting. The current boyfriend seems hot headed and is not likely to work well with Halle's style of parenting, which is to treat the father as a sperm donor, even if the child has a relationship with them.
    Last edited by Debb70; 04-15-2013 at 02:41 PM.
    ness and bee stung lips like this.

Justin Bieber's comments were defended by The house of Frank. Although, Anne Frank was in hiding, she was a normal teenager. Her own diary allows us to see her spirit of survival in a brutal world outside her own door. She probably would have loved Justin Bieber. In fact, I think Justin understands the heart of this young girl that wanted to just live a normal life. jmho

BSL I have to agree with all you said about nutty Berry
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Justin Bieber's comments were defended by The house of Frank. Although, Anne Frank was in hiding, she was a normal teenager. Her own diary allows us to see her spirit of survival in a brutal world outside her own door. She probably would have loved Justin Bieber. In fact, I think Justin understands the heart of this young girl that wanted to just live a normal life. jmho
    good point! Once I got past shaking my head over his comments, I did have to tell myself that she was a teenage girl. Maybe he just could have said it better?
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Anyone who has actually read Anne's diary would know that she was a big fan of entertainers and of Hollywood. Daydreaming of these things helped her make it through her time in the attic. She likely would have been a Bieber fan. People seem to forget that besides being a victim of the Holocaust, Anna Frank was a teenaged girl and her story is meant to remind us of her amazing life and not just her tragic death...
    libgirl2 and JohnnyK like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Anyone who has actually read Anne's diary would know that she was a big fan of entertainers and of Hollywood. Daydreaming of these things helped her make it through her time in the attic. She likely would have been a Bieber fan. People seem to forget that besides being a victim of the Holocaust, Anna Frank was a teenaged girl and her story is meant to remind us of her amazing life and not just her tragic death...
    Very true... though I still think something is wrong with the guy.
    ness likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    Very true... though I still think something is wrong with the guy.
    According to the peolpe with him( from the House of Frank) he spent a full hour listening and reacting to all this. I guess I am tired of the media mania- that is so overblown
    Florimel likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

I still don't see Halle's bad taste in men as a case of big ego. Women don't chose men who treat them like crap because they have a big ego. If anything, it's indicative of low self-esteem that she's chosen men who treated her so badly - the first husband beat her, the second one was a serial cheater, Gabriel is what he is. Maybe she's broken the cycle with Olivier. For her daughter's sake, I hope that's the case.
    ness likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread