+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4760Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Wow! Just heard that Annette had been in a coma for several years and that her family had turned off her life support. What a hard decision to have to make.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    I'm not a fan, either. I think shes a bit nutty and unstable.
    Nutty and a bit unstable?

Jo, that heifer is as crazy as a road lizard.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Hallie is a very sad character, IMO. Over the years, the more I have learned about her, the more I disliked her. She has convinced herself that she went from being a Type I diabetic to a Type II. If you have diabetes education in your background, you would know how bizarre this assertion is. Insulin dependent does not mean Type I. Anyway, It's not imporant. That's for her and doctor to work out. I have no faith in anything she says. The things she has alleged about her baby's daddy is also suspect. I can't even tolerate watching her in movies anymore.
    Yeah, Halle has gone over the deep end. I'm always leery of a person who has exes that were all bad. According to them. YOU chose them. I guess it's now Olivier's turn to find out the truth about Halle and how he has now tied himself to her for the next 18+ years. Good luck, man.

As for Marie Osmond. That lady is such a sweetheart. She's been more fortunate than most, yet has also dealt with some crappy stuff too. Yet, she seems to accept it all, embrace it and just gets through it. As with her brother, Donny they are not the sweet apple pie people that many have pegged them. They have great sense of humour, can make fun of themselves, be humble, and still be grounded in their faith. And that faith has tested them. They still come across with grace and dignity and probably have the nicest smiles ever! Marie's laugh reminds me of my cousin. So hearty, light and fun.
    ness likes this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

I wonder how Donny and Marie's brother Alan is doing. He had to leave the brothers' performances in Branson sometime ago due to his MS condition. I saw that he could barely walk even then. I recently heard their brother Wayne had also had to retire due to a health problem. Now Merrill, Jay and Jimmy perform as the brothers in Branson and of course, Donny and Marie have their show in Vegas.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I saw that photo of Halle yesterday also. Seemed like all of a sudden, she's preggers and the next minute, she has quite a bump. Seems like a rather large bump for only 3 months.
    I no longer assume these celebs are pregnant anymore....not after Katie Holmes constantly changing bump size and Nicolle Kidman's odd pregnancy. I'm sure there are even more.
    ...and don't forget about Beyonce's collapsing baby bump. lol
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Hallie is a very sad character, IMO. Over the years, the more I have learned about her, the more I disliked her. She has convinced herself that she went from being a Type I diabetic to a Type II. If you have diabetes education in your background, you would know how bizarre this assertion is. Insulin dependent does not mean Type I. Anyway, It's not imporant. That's for her and doctor to work out. I have no faith in anything she says. The things she has alleged about her baby's daddy is also suspect. I can't even tolerate watching her in movies anymore.

Halle is a professional victim. She's one of those women whom no matter what happens to them, it's always someone else's fault--in Halle's case, she claims it's the men in her life. She forgets she's the common denominator. The media goes along with her being the "victim" because she's considered beautiful and is a celebrity. I love how she has a baby with Gabriel and then when she decides she doesn't need him anymore now that she's used him for his sperm, suddenly he's this horrible person. Thankfully, Gabriel appears to want to be in his daughter's life for the long haul.

But here's what gets me: for all of Halle's complaints that the men in her life did horrible things to her and she's such a victim, blah, blah, blah...she'd actually make a baby with a man with a proven history of violence, i.e., beat the crap out of her baby's father? Okay then...

I read an interview with Halle not too long ago where she says she and Olivier are going to wait until Nahla's eighteen before moving to France. Um, sweetie, no sh*t Sherlock, considering the judge ruled you can't take Nahla out of the country away from her biological father. What I find side-splittingly hilarious is that Halle is delusional to think she and Olivier will even still be together thirteen years from now. Given her relationship history, that is highly unlikely.

Also, I found it strange that she mentioned in the interview that Olivier doesn't want her to learn French just yet and told her to wait until just before they move there before to learn the language. He claimed learning the language now would be too much for her to handle. It's French, not brain surgery. Why not learn it now? That way you'll be completely fluent in it thirteen years from now when you actually move to France as one big, happy family with Olivier (in your dreams, that is...lol)

As for her run-ins with the paparazzi, girl, please... What of the Angelina's and Brad Pitts of the world who manage to get around sporting a small army of children without any run-ins with the paps? It's because they don't invite the drama. In other words, they smile and keep it moving. Halle's big display, wildly swinging her arms around and shouting, "Move out of the way, I have a CHILD with me!!!" is unnecessary, and frankly, only adds to the frightening aspect of things for poor little Nahla. If she wasn't so prone to going ballistic with them, they'd have no story, no pictures of her shouting in their face to plaster all over TMZ. Instead, the paps have become accustomed to Halle providing them with the drama they're looking for. Here's some advice for you Halle: protect your child, by carrying your child in your arms getting out of there as fast as you can. Better yet, hire yourself some bodyguards to ensure the safety of her child. Why hasn't she done this, it's because she LOVES the drama, the attention and playing the victim.

That said, happy and healthy pregnancy to her, although, I feel sorry for the kid who'll be born to a mother with a history of dysfunction and a father with violent tendencies.
    prhoshay, ness, Shoepie and 2 others like this.

GREAT post, Bee Stung Lips.

And the fact that so many other celebs suport her is unreal. When I see celebs talk about her like she is a saint, my opinion of them changes drastically. What are they thinking? They should be ashamed of themselves. She has risen to my favorite celebrity to dislike. That's saying a lot, because Kim K, has been there for a long time. I'm cutting her some slack now due to the way she looks.

Some of the ladies on The Talk were discussing Hallie yesterday. OMG, it was disgusting. Could Sharon be anymore in love with Hallie's fiance/baby daddy or whatever he is. I wish one of them would just let loose and say the truth about Hallie in response to all their gushing. Pregnant or not. The woman is disturbing.
    Last edited by Debb70; 04-09-2013 at 12:06 PM.
    bee stung lips likes this.

GREAT post, Bee Stung Lips.

And the fact that so many other celebs suport her is unreal. When I see celebs talk about her like she is a saint, my opinion of them changes drastically. What are they thinking? They should be ashamed of themselves. She has risen to my favorite celebrity to dislike. That's saying a lot, because Kim K, has been there for a long time. I'm cutting her some slack now due to the way she looks.

Some of the ladies on The Talk were discussing Hallie yesterday. OMG, it was disgusting. Could Sharon be anymore in love with Hallie's fiance/baby daddy or whatever he is. I wish one of them would just let loose and say the truth about Hallie in response to all their gushing. Pregnant or not. The woman is disturbing.
    I hear ya. I find it hilarious that anyone actually takes Halle seriously.

Didn't see The Talk but totally agree with what you're saying. See, if the Oprah's of the world would stop going along with Halle's dysfunctions and get real with her about taking some responsibility for her own choices, maybe that would help.

That's the one thing about Hollywood that truly irks me to the core...people who pay lip service all the time.
    ness likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    I hear ya. I find it hilarious that anyone actually takes Halle seriously.

Didn't see The Talk but totally agree with what you're saying. See, if the Oprah's of t he world would stop going along with Halle's dysfunctions and get real with her about taking some responsibility for her own choices, maybe that would help.

That's the one thing about Hollywood that truly irks me to the core...people who pay lip service all the time.
    bee . . .

Your post #8286 (?) right before Debb's was absolutely stellar!!

ITA that Halle HAS --- for all intents and purposes --- cast herself in the role of (professional) victim. And she is PLAYING THE HELL OUT OF THAT ROLE.

Problem is, in REAL life, there are no Oscars given out for role-playing.

This is LIFE. And there are few --- if any --- do-overs IN it.

And it's not just the Oprahs of the world. The Dr. Phils --- what with their schooling, degrees, etc. --- don't help situations like this, either. I almost DIED when I heard it come out of Phil's mouth, on one of his shows, that Halle is a VICTIM.

Huh? WTF?? Say WHAAAT??????

When that statement cleared his mouth and hit the air, I lost whatever respect I might've had for him. I mean, if the majority of us on this board can see what Halle is and what she's made of, I'm trying to figure out just what IS up with"Dr." Phil? Sure, I'll still tune in to his show occasionally to check out whatever guest he has on whose story I might want to hear, or to just check out exactly how crazy THEY are. But pretty much everything that comes out of HIS mouth to them, I tune out.

Because, frankly, after that Halle statement of his, I believe HE'S just as 14-carat crazy as some of his guests --- AND Halle --- are.

The woman (and I use that term advisedly) has issues. MAJOR issues. It doesn't take having an "I walk on water because I'm a self-made billionaire and everything that comes out of my mouth is taken as gospel" persona/mentality, OR however many degrees you can paper a room with to know and see that.

Olivier, bless his deluded thinking-with-what's-SOUTH-of-his-border, get-to-swingin'-to-solve-what-YOU-perceive-as-a-problem mentality, is going to get a REAL wake-up call.

Sooner, or later.

As for Baby Boy Martinez?

Like Baby Kardashian-West, my heart aches for that innocent child (AND NAHLA, TOO).

SMH.
    bee stung lips and Debb70 like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    bee . . .

Your post #8286 (?) right before Debb's was absolutely stellar!!

ITA that Halle HAS --- for all intents and purposes --- cast herself in the role of (professional) victim. And she is PLAYING THE HELL OUT OF THAT ROLE.

Problem is, in REAL life, there are no Oscars given out for role-playing.

This is LIFE. And there are few --- if any --- do-overs IN it.

And it's not just the Oprahs of the world. The Dr. Phils --- what with their schooling, degrees, etc. --- don't help situations like this, either. I almost DIED when I heard it come out of Phil's mouth, on one of his shows, that Halle is a VICTIM.

Huh? WTF?? Say WHAAAT??????

When that statement cleared his mouth and hit the air, I lost whatever respect I might've had for him. I mean, if the majority of us on this board can see what Halle is and what she's made of, I'm trying to figure out just what IS up with"Dr." Phil? Sure, I'll still tune in to his show occasionally to check out whatever guest he has on whose story I might want to hear, or to just check out exactly how crazy THEY are. But pretty much everything that comes out of HIS mouth to them, I tune out.

Because, frankly, after that Halle statement of his, I believe HE'S just as 14-carat crazy as some of his guests --- AND Halle --- are.
    Thanks.

And I'm so with you on the Dr. Phil comment. I heard him when he mad that Halle comment and was stunned, although I shouldn't have been. He's made a career of paying lip-service to Hollywood types. In making such a statement, he becomes like one of those "enablers" he always calls out on his shows.
    ness likes this.

+ Reply to Thread