+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4584Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I like Anderson. I don't care what his laugh sounds like. I find him endearing. He's a smart guy who got where he is by working his tail off. He never used his family to open doors.

I think he's a product of an upbringing that most of us can't even fathom. He had money and privilege, but he also was raised by someone who I don't think was parented very well.....at least not by her actual parents. I don't think his mother was negligent or not loving, but he does tell stories about how they never had conventional meals and how it wasn't uncommon to eat hors d'ouerves all the time that were left over from big parties. Add to all that the fact that his father died when Anderson was young and then his brother committing suicide. I'm amazed he's as together a person as he is.

Technically, you actually aren't supposed to wash your jeans very frequently as it breaks down the fabric and can cause the fabric to fray and distort. Not that I don't wash my jeans, but I'm just saying.....
    It also tightens them back up! Sometimes it can take me weeks to get them to wear I want them, comfort wise, so I'm not going to turn around and wash them!! Caveat to that is I only wear jeans on the weekend.

I have to mention this. I don't know if anyone else saw the report last week where they found a dumpster full of Fan letters to Taylor Swift? I know she probably didn't have anything to do with it, but someone needs to take it in the shorts for that.
    Shoepie and bee stung lips like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    I have to mention this. I don't know if anyone else saw the report last week where they found a dumpster full of Fan letters to Taylor Swift? I know she probably didn't have anything to do with it, but someone needs to take it in the shorts for that.
    They should have been shredded. I think many celebrities have a staff who toss many upopened letters. Oprah once had stage hands bring in several huge carts to show how much mail she received daily. She asked, stop writing "for Oprah's eyes only" or "private to Oprah" etc. I do think that Oprah may have all of her mail scanned in case there is a good show idea in there. Taylor? Nah, it is all just gushing.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    It's not him, it's the show. The format is dreadful...one minute it's drug addiction or OCD, the next it's beauty tips or celebrity gossip, then it's dinner-in-under-30-minutes recipes. I also dislike all the C-list celebrity guest hosts. He's a nice man (odd giggle notwithstanding) and I enjoy him discussing more serious topics. Frankly, I think he's too good for such a silly daytime show. Right now, if I squint at the TV, I can't tell if I'm watching Ellen or Anderson until the dancing starts.
    No......for me, it's HIM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    No......for me, it's HIM.
    Hahahahaha! I think CNN must have begged to get him canceled. His persona on this show does not lend credibility to his serious news side. That said, I have a soft spot for the guy even though he is crazy making on his talk show.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Hahahahaha! I think CNN must have begged to get him canceled. His persona on this show does not lend credibility to his serious news side. That said, I have a soft spot for the guy even though he is crazy making on his talk show.
    One cannot dislike Anderson, I know I dont. But this show and him, they simply don't mesh
    Shoepie likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    One cannot dislike Anderson, I know I dont. But this show and him, they simply don't mesh
    He needs to be given the opportunity to do The Mole again!
    Hyper and Coco46 like this.

Hold back your shock here. Sean Penn's 19-year old son attacked a photographer and yelled at him using both homophobic and racial slurs....and there's video proof. I guess we know where he learned THAT behavior. He apologized, but it's clear he only apologized because there's video proof. You don't use words like that in a situation like that when you've never used them before.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Hold back your shock here. Sean Penn's 19-year old son attacked a photographer and yelled at him using both homophobic and racial slurs....and there's video proof. I guess we know where he learned THAT behavior. He apologized, but it's clear he only apologized because there's video proof. You don't use words like that in a situation like that when you've never used them before.
    Why am I SO not surprised?

Probably the ONLY thing that would surprise me about Sean Penn's son would be if it took more than a couple or so years before we hear reports about him being sued, going to jail, both, etc., etc.
    Shoepie likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    He needs to be given the opportunity to do The Mole again!
    He was and he refused the offer. It was for a second season right after the first ended.

+ Reply to Thread