+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4543Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

This is not news, but a question: Why is Anderson Cooper so juvenile-acting on his morning show?
    Shoepie likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    This is not news, but a question: Why is Anderson Cooper so juvenile-acting on his morning show?
    Because that is who he is and he has no opportunity to expose that on serious news shows. I DVR his shows but exercise FF a lot.

He can be very annoying. "What's the point?" drives me nuts. What is the point of pickles and waffles (to name 2 on a very long list), the taste and texture, Anderson. Surely at your well traveled age you have come to understand many people eat a wide varity of food.

And I could go on with "big hairy Hobbit feet" and other things that he mentions way too many times.

On the flip side I like his outspoken skeptic side. A pet psychic and clairvoyant have been guests and he does not hesitate to poo poo them. I also like the youtube videos he finds amusing. And he seems like a good sport when pushed to try new foods.

Jerry Seinfeld and his wife are close friends and Sasha razzes him endlessly on his food trip.

McDonalds #1 meal is his favorite food and he limits himself to once a month. He is full of quirks, some of them endearing and others not so much!

FORT Fogey

From what I learned on some documentary about lineage is that male DNA does not change (there is a genetically Jewish tribe in Africa that they verified through male DNA identical to Jewish people in other parts of the world, dating back to biblical times!), so they could get a sample from any of the brothers, but I'm sure the family doesn't care at all.
    I think his family does care and will protect this information forever or try to. They probably don't know and would never go looking.

So a smart waiter saves a glass with saliva on it and sells it to TMZ who stalk the children. Easy! :rolf

He is being himself .Someone that doesn't wash his jean very often

I thought it was canceled- it's all so silly
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    He is being himself .Someone that doesn't wash his jean very often

I thought it was canceled- it's all so silly
    I happened to see that show. That thing with the jeans just GOT me. FIRST of all, WHY would you not wash your jeans more regularly than every six months, or whatever ridiculous time frame it was that he said? SECOND: WHY IN THE HELL WOULD YOU ADMIT SOMETHING LIKE THAT ON NATIONAL FREAKIN' TV??????????

I was barfing right alongside you, and I haven't sat still for even five minutes of one of his shows since.

Ewwww.
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

About Michael Jackson's family not caring about Michael's children's actual lineage, I meant that they don't care in a good way, if that makes sense. They see them as true family members, and have totally taken them to their hearts, no matter what. I guess if any one really wants to know the parentage, it will have to be the children, themselves.

Anderson is a case of arrested development, very early middle school, complete with the sophomoric giggle.
    Shoepie likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I like Anderson. I don't care what his laugh sounds like. I find him endearing. He's a smart guy who got where he is by working his tail off. He never used his family to open doors.

I think he's a product of an upbringing that most of us can't even fathom. He had money and privilege, but he also was raised by someone who I don't think was parented very well.....at least not by her actual parents. I don't think his mother was negligent or not loving, but he does tell stories about how they never had conventional meals and how it wasn't uncommon to eat hors d'ouerves all the time that were left over from big parties. Add to all that the fact that his father died when Anderson was young and then his brother committing suicide. I'm amazed he's as together a person as he is.

Technically, you actually aren't supposed to wash your jeans very frequently as it breaks down the fabric and can cause the fabric to fray and distort. Not that I don't wash my jeans, but I'm just saying.....
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

It's not him, it's the show. The format is dreadful...one minute it's drug addiction or OCD, the next it's beauty tips or celebrity gossip, then it's dinner-in-under-30-minutes recipes. I also dislike all the C-list celebrity guest hosts. He's a nice man (odd giggle notwithstanding) and I enjoy him discussing more serious topics. Frankly, I think he's too good for such a silly daytime show. Right now, if I squint at the TV, I can't tell if I'm watching Ellen or Anderson until the dancing starts.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    It's not him, it's the show. The format is dreadful...one minute it's drug addiction or OCD, the next it's beauty tips or celebrity gossip, then it's dinner-in-under-30-minutes recipes. I also dislike all the C-list celebrity guest hosts. He's a nice man (odd giggle notwithstanding) and I enjoy him discussing more serious topics. Frankly, I think he's too good for such a silly daytime show. Right now, if I squint at the TV, I can't tell if I'm watching Ellen or Anderson until the dancing starts.
    When he does 360 I love him. This show is awful, just awful. But this
    Right now, if I squint at the TV, I can't tell if I'm watching Ellen or Anderson until the dancing starts.
    ..is hilarious
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

This really belongs in the Bachelor threads under Brad Womack's second season, but the threads are closed. Jackie Gordon, NYC contestant who briefly dated Ames after meeting him on Bachelor Pad, after Brad's season, is engaged. The link I have given does not show a photo of her fiancÚ,
    but if you want to see a photo of them, just google b/c the site I found this info on is not allowed to be posted here.
    Jackie Gordon of 'The Bachelor' is engaged - Oklahoma City TV | Examiner.com
    Shoepie likes this.

+ Reply to Thread