+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4743Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Cancer never seems to go away( certain cancers) it seems to lay waiting until the next time. I am so glad I saw her interviewed, I shall keep her in my thoughts and what she was saying about her new book.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

It's amazing how it likes to come back. It's like a no-win situation; it's more like "just wait". A friend who had breast cancer...it came back in her knee, as ridiculous as that may sound. When something like that happens, it's generally in all kinds of places.

I can't imagine being Valerie Harper, right now.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    It's amazing how it likes to come back. It's like a no-win situation; it's more like "just wait". A friend who had breast cancer...it came back in her knee, as ridiculous as that may sound. When something like that happens, it's generally in all kinds of places.

I can't imagine being Valerie Harper, right now.
    Sometimes it takes many years after a person goes into remission, but eventually that's what takes them down.

I've known a number of people who have had numerous treatments for different kinds of cancer & lived a long life. But it just keeps coming back, & eventually one of them sticks & can't be stopped.

It's an absolutely heartbreaking disease. It doesn't matter how old or young you are, or how well you take care of yourself & your health. It seems to grab people at random.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

My God.

Speaking strictly for myself, I've always said that if I could choose, I'd choose to NOT know the timeframe of my final days.

Based on what I've read/heard to this point, Valerie seems to have come to terms and made her peace with what is.

I absolutely cannot imagine being in her shoes, even though I'm aware that tomorrow is not in any way promised to any of us.

The only thing that we ARE assured of is that some day we will leave here.
    JunkieGirl likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

oh, poor Valerie!
    Just watched her a little while ago on Jeff Probst's show and she looked/sounded so good! Actually, amazing for her age.
    damn cancer.

I heard on ET last night that Valerie is going to fight this with CHEMO! I'll try to confirm this. I could hardly believe it. Ed Assner said he believes miracles are possible and Valerie has the spirit to fight this. I support her if that's what she wants........................

She is getting chemo to slow down the process.

Valerie Harper Has Terminal Cancer; Leptomeningeal Carcinomatosis Explained : People.com

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

An article I read said that without treatment the time would be 3-4 weeks. With treatment, lung cancer metastases could stretch it out to 3.6 months without the nerve pain or loss of function becoming intense. I hope her treatment allows her to slide into her last days while being able to hold onto herself.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I think I would take the quality of the 3-4 weeks.Because for part of the time she is going to be ill from the chemo.
    Florimel and Dragonlady like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

It's such an impossible situation to be in. I pray she has the strength. Every day is so precious. I try to keep that in mind when I stress over trivial matters.
    NCLurker likes this.

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I think I would take the quality of the 3-4 weeks.Because for part of the time she is going to be ill from the chemo.
    Yep, sometimes the chemo will take you out even sooner if it doesn't really work the way they hope because it so greatly weakens your system.

+ Reply to Thread