+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4586Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

I don't know about South Africa, but in the U.S. premeditated means intent and intent can be formed in seconds before the act is done. That says to me that if you are arguing with someone, then turn and grab a gun and shoot, you have formed intent to kill. The whole thing doesn't make much sense to me, but then neither does most of our legal system.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    I have no idea where to put this, but this seemed like the best place. Did anyone catch the "Evolution Of Mom Dancing" with Jimmy Fallon and Michele Obama? It's on youtube if you haven't seen it. It's worth a look. Funny as hell.
    I watched it a few times over this past weekend...hilarious.
    Florimel likes this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    I have no idea where to put this, but this seemed like the best place. Did anyone catch the "Evolution Of Mom Dancing" with Jimmy Fallon and Michele Obama? It's on youtube if you haven't seen it. It's worth a look. Funny as hell.
    Absolutely hysterical!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fogey

I love the "Where's Your Father? (Get Him Back Here)" and "Oh My God, I Love This Song." I wonder how much they rehearsed that. FLOTUS is fantastic! Jimmy Fallon looks like Tina Fey.

Oh my! I thought that was Tina Fey!
    AlwaysVeg likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I read in a People news piece that Ben Affleck shaved off his beard in the middle of a restaurant hallway after the Oscar show. At first I thought it was in reaction to the host's comment that he looked like a Kardashian; but then it was revealed that Jennifer had packed some clippers and the whole family was tired of the look. I bet the Kardashian comment was a spur, though.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I doubt the Kardashian comment had anything to do with it if they brought the clippers with them.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I know, but I'm just glad he got shaved.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I am grossed out thinking about him shaving off his facial hair in the middle of a restaurant hallway. How disgusting! What would the problem be with going into the mens room/restroom?

Nasty!
    ness, beerbelly, Debb70 and 1 others like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I am grossed out thinking about him shaving off his facial hair in the middle of a restaurant hallway. How disgusting! What would the problem be with going into the mens room/restroom?

Nasty!
    Yes, its nasty`. But its Ben, so I dont mind.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread