+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4601Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    I'm disappointed. I always am when people break up. I'd prefer they'd find a way to overcome the problems.
    But I have to admit, I'm not the least bit surprised.
    I don't know, when the problems involve possible physical abuse, I'm NEVER disappointed when the wife finally leaves. From the few things I've read, it sounds like he's got anger issues and is a drinker. That's never a good combo. It's a shame, because his father has always seemed like a sweetheart. If he wasn't, I'm sure Barbra wouldn't still be married to him.

To those who hadn't heard about all of the problems - I'm sure Josh and Diane have great PR people who have worked to minimize the "damage." Plus, it's not like they're Brad and Angelina.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I see where they're dubbing Pistorius the next OJ Simpson. This is gonna be a good one....trial, that is!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I see where they're dubbing Pistorius the next OJ Simpson. This is gonna be a good one....trial, that is!
    Oh, no! But so far, it seems correct.
    How dumb do they think we are? But I guess it has more to do with legal shenanigans than anything else.
    dang.

He was thrilled he made bail wasn't he? Well lets hope the prosecution don't bungle this .If someone was in our home, my husband would turn to me and say stay here! not this guy - he does or doesn't put on his limbs, closes the window and just shoots! give me a break!
    Dragonlady likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

He wouldn't exactly tell her to "stay there", as if she were in the bed, since she was already in the bathroom.

I still can't get over them letting him out on bail, but that is a whole different country. And, WHY was the detective still working with several murder charges pending?? Once again.....different country.

Simpson's case was plagued with sloppy police work, too.....another similarity.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

The whole thing is a mess, including the fact that he could have been charged with "premeditated murder of a burglar".

WTF?

Someone breaks into your house in the middle of the night, while you are present, with the intent to rob you blind (and heaven knows what else) and you shoot & kill him. How is that PREMEDITATED?

If anyone PREMEDIATED on anything, it's the perpetrator. The burglar PLANNED the robbery IN ADVANCE. The homeowner was merely REACTING to the situation.
    ness and bee stung lips like this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Pistorius.

My head is STILL spinning.

From everything I've heard and read since this happened, South Africa DOES seem to almost be the 21st century version of The Wild, Wild West.

Having said that . . .

OK . . .

I'm TOTALLY on board with Little Sew&Sew's assessment of PREMEDITATED here.

No, I don't believe anything in this tragedy equates to anything being premeditated on Pistorius' part. More likely, I think, they WERE going at it verbally, he got REALLY ticked beyond all reason, grabbed his pistol, and it was over. Sure, I could be wrong. After all, I wasn't there. But, right now, with what's on the table, that's where my mind's leading me.

Apparently, though, the prosecution decided to go for a charge of premeditation in order to get some sort of statement out of Pistorius and on the record so they could use it to break it --- and him --- down later on.

Well, if that WAS their objective, they CERTAINLY accomplished that.

Even WITH that successful move, far as I can make out at this point, NEITHER side --- the defense OR the prosecution --- is looking like they have all their ducks in a row.

In the meantime, as we all know, he DID get bail and is out.

I have to wonder if there's going to be any type of a suicide watch set-up with him now. Even though he's in a relative's private home, last I heard. I don't think that'd be out of line or too far-fetched to be done, given all that's gone on and his apparent devastation during the bail hearing process.

We'll see.

June is coming.
    Last edited by ness; 02-23-2013 at 11:54 PM.
    bee stung lips likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

About the "Blade Runner"....there just isn't much standing/balancing room on top of those little pedestals that people like to put their "heroes" on. It doesn't take much for somebody to fall off.
    If he is found guilty, then I would certainly call it a lot more than ..........it doesn't take much!
    Last edited by Critical; 02-25-2013 at 03:30 AM. Reason: fixed broken quote tags
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I sometimes read the UK's Mail Online and they showed a picture of the murdered girl caught on cctv as she entered the gated area. She was smiling as she drove in, just a few hours before her death. It also noted friends of hers that said Oscar was pretty pushy with her. But guess that's just hearsay.

If she arrived a few hours before the shooting, how did he not know she was there?
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread