+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4589Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Aw, good for him! I love Steve Martin. I'm glad he's happy. I was so sad for him when his marriage to Victoria Tennant broke up. They always seemed like a perfect couple, but obviously they weren't.

As much as I know that abused women often go back multiple times to their abuser and I know that they absolutely do not deserve the abuse, if Chris Brown beats Rhianna again after all this, I'll admit I will have a hard time feeling any sympathy for her.

Maya Angelou is right: "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them."

That beating wasn't an isolated incident - it was part of a larger pattern. He's a nasty little rage monster, posting rants on Twitter, threatening people, starting fights and acting like a spoiled two-year old. It's only a matter of when he'll beat her again. I just hope he doesn't kill her the next time.
    ness, KatesMom and Coco46 like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

That beating wasn't an isolated incident - it was part of a larger pattern. He's a nasty little rage monster, posting rants on Twitter, threatening people, starting fights and acting like a spoiled two-year old. It's only a matter of when he'll beat her again. I just hope he doesn't kill her the next time
    I didn't know he was that bad( I mean on twitter) I do hope he doesn't hit her again.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I didn't know he was that bad( I mean on twitter) I do hope he doesn't hit her again.
    Yep, FM, he actually IS that bad.

While I, too, hope he doesn't hit her again, I wouldn't put any money down on that NOT happening, either.

Not with HIS track record.

And, usually, if they'll swing on you once and connect, chances are pretty good that it'll happen again, I think.

And, no, WHEN it happens again, I'm not planning on shedding any tears about it, either.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Wow, I didn't realize there was a history of abuse here. HOw fitting considering the last few posts.

Pistorius charged with murder of girlfriend | Comcast
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Wow is right. When I saw the story earlier, the authorities hadn't announced that HE was the one arrested - they just said a 26-year old man had been arrested and indicated they would announce the suspect's name later today.

What a sad turn of events. In less than a year he goes from a hero and role model to a murder suspect.
    bee stung lips likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

He is saying that he thought she was an intruder, but I have a feeling that story didn't stick. Like you said, from hero to this... very sad.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    Wow, I didn't realize there was a history of abuse here. HOw fitting considering the last few posts.

Pistorius charged with murder of girlfriend | Comcast
    I was so sad and disappointed to hear this news this morning. His story was so inspiring at this past summer Olympics and I was rooting for him all the way. This news just knocks the wind out of my sails.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

That's how I'm feeling too Bee Stung Lips.

We go from cheering him on in the Olympics to this . . . sad turn of events. He seemed to be classic role model material.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Hitters are prone to hit again unless you, immediately, take action to get away from them. The people who have been hit have to take control and MEAN it. And press charges. Waffling will just get you hit again....if not worse.

About the "Blade Runner"....there just isn't much standing/balancing room on top of those little pedestals that people like to put their "heroes" on. It doesn't take much for somebody to fall off.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    I was so sad and disappointed to hear this news this morning. His story was so inspiring at this past summer Olympics and I was rooting for him all the way. This news just knocks the wind out of my sails.
    I guess we never ever know what goes on behind closed door, do we. Very sad.
    ness and bee stung lips like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread