+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4627Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    Okay, I feel where you're coming from but Adele's dress almost made me physically ill. And the matching shoes in the exact same print of the dress??? Eeeewwwww!

My comparison was slightly exaggerated, I suppose. Bjork does stand in a league of her own in that regard.
    Pretty as Adele is, that dress WAS a total law unto itself, wasn't it??

LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!
    bee stung lips likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    Pretty as Adele is, that dress WAS a total law unto itself, wasn't it??

LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!
    Dear God, you just know Mr. Blackwell is rolling over in his grave somewhere. He definitely would have had Adele front and center on his next Worst Dressed list.
    ness likes this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Dear God, you just know Mr. Blackwell is rolling over in his grave somewhere. He definitely would have had Adele front and center on his next Worst Dressed list.
    Oh, HELL yeah!!!!!!!

Blackwell would've TORN HER A NEW ONE!!!!!!

bee stung lips likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I thought he was a snobby old fart- so here's to Adelle if managed that
    Florimel likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Recent tweet from Donald Trump:

Be tough, be smart, be personable, but don't take things personally.
    Talk about being UN-self aware Someone retweeted and pointed out that he's suing Bill Maher over a joke. I wish someone had suggested he consult the dictionary definition of "personable."
    Shoepie and JulieAnn like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Those of you that are talking Grammy fashion. Did you see the necklace Carrie Underwood wore on the Red Carpet? 381 carats, value $31 million!

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    Those of you that are talking Grammy fashion. Did you see the necklace Carrie Underwood wore on the Red Carpet? 381 carats, value $31 million!

And all that money and I didn't even notice the necklace.

31 mil???
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

FORT Fogey

I didn't like Katie Perry's dress at all and fashion critics loved it. Same with Taylor Swift, didn't like hers either.

Beyonce got raked over the coals for being too casual for the Grammys. I loved her jump suit. Casaul maybe but I found it refreshing. I bet she loved being dressed down and comfortable given her recent superbowl costumes.

I rarely like the jewerly they wear; most of it is matronly.

Adele, oh my, no. The high neck and print engulfed and magnified her body at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I didn't like Katie Perry's dress at all and fashion critics loved it. Same with Taylor Swift, didn't like hers either.

Beyonce got raked over the coals for being too casual for the Grammys. I loved her jump suit. Casaul maybe but I found it refreshing. I bet she loved being dressed down and comfortable given her recent superbowl costumes.

I rarely like the jewerly they wear; most of it is matronly.

Adele, oh my, no. The high neck and print engulfed and magnified her body at the same time.
    I didn't like the color, but the dress looked fabulous on her. I thought it would have looked better in a deep blue or teal. Katy has such pretty blue eyes that a deeper color would have been more flattering. I also just hate mint green, so I can't imagine any dress in that color that I'd like. I don't understand people bagging on her for the neckline of the dress. If my twins looked that good, I'd be wearing that dress in the grocery store!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I heard that Adel went over to Chris Brown and told him to learn some manners. Brown and Ocean were nominated and Ocean won. Everyone else stood up and applauded the guy, but Brown kept his seat, looking snubbed.

Ocean also performed and Brown was not asked.
    Shoepie likes this.

+ Reply to Thread