+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4948Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

FORT Fogey

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Love Adele ... the dress was hideous. Looked like bad kitchen curtains or a little girl's bedspread from the '60s. I get not caring what people think of what you wear, but c'mon, that print was awful. Can't wait to see what the fashion mavens have to say about it. JLo was playing with the restrictions in the memo, but so was Alicia Keyes with that dress that showed the bottoms of her boobs. I don't like that sort of style.... it looks like your boobs are hanging down below the fabric by mistake.
    ness likes this.

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I saw her in a stunning black number, not sure where that was. Showed off all her curves,This thing( shudder ) although she makes me LOL- she's so genuine, so herself. I don't think she cares that much, unlike a few ahem show offs there.

I thought J'lo looked silly, one leg out again, really?
    The one leg out thing didn't really bother me, however, I think she could have chosen a multitude of other dresses that would have been far more flattering. I didn't think that thing she wore did anything for her. She's a beautiful woman but she certainly didn't choose a beautiful gown.
    ness likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    The one leg out thing didn't really bother me, however, I think she could have chosen a multitude of other dresses that would have been far more flattering. I didn't think that thing she wore did anything for her. She's a beautiful woman but she certainly didn't choose a beautiful gown.
    The way she stood in it, was Angelina 2.0
    ness and bee stung lips like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

On Wendy Williams, a woman critiquing the fashions said that JLo's "KFC leg" was photo-bombing the pictures that were taken of her!

Am I the only person who thinks that Wendy Williams has an Elmer Fudd-type laugh??
    NCLurker and ness like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    On Wendy Williams, a woman critiquing the fashions said that JLo's "KFC leg" was photo-bombing the pictures that were taken of her!

Am I the only person who thinks that Wendy Williams has an Elmer Fudd-type laugh??
    No, shay, you're NOT!

I've often wondered who/WHAT Wendy sounds like when she cuts loose with that laugh/giggle of hers.

You hit it DEAD ON, I think!

But at LEAST she doesn't sound like Maria Menounous!!!!!!!! Thank the Lord for THAT!!!!

I love Adele. Truly, I do. The more I see her, the more I adore her. BESIDES being in awe of that VOICE of hers, I mean.

But that "dress" she had on?

Ew.

Yes, I'm glad that what she had on WASN'T black. Don't get me wrong, I'm NOT complaining about her wearing black. She's a beautiful lady and wears black well, what with her blonde coloring. But it was really nice to see her in something wonderfully, gloriously colorful, this time around, and showing her legs.

However, like the apparent majority of the rest of you (i.e., FM, AlwaysVeg, bee, NCL, shay, etc., etc., I have to confess that when I REALLY looked at what she had on, I thought she looked like a refugee from my gramma's living room.

Come to think of it, my gramma wouldn't've even had THAT anywhere in our house!

But y'all get where I'm coming from.

And the vibe I get from Adele is that she doesn't give a flat damn what anybody thinks about what she wears, and I love THAT about her, too!

JLo and her leg?

Please.

She says she got the [dress-code] memo. But OBVIOUSLY she hadn't got the one that said Angelina'd done the leg deal before, and done it BETTER!!! And yep, I was feeling it when Wendy's guest compared JLo's limb to a "KFC leg"! Matter of fact, I wasn't just feeling it, I was howling because that description was so dead on target!

And is it just me, or is that child desperate for attention? I mean, go for what you know. But, WHAT WAS THE POINT OF THAT LEG SHOW?

Again, PLEASE.

I KNOW this is the Grammys, a musical show.

But, JMHO, it was nice to see most of the women mostly creatively and beautifully covered up, for a change.
    bee stung lips and Fanny Mare like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

However, like the apparent majority of the rest of you (i.e., FM, AlwaysVeg, bee, NCL, shay, etc., etc., I have to confess that when I REALLY looked at what she had on, I thought she looked like a refugee from my gramma's living room.

Come to think of it, my gramma wouldn't've even had THAT anywhere in our house!
    Oh ness, I do love the way you say things

And as for this...
    And the vibe I get from Adele is that she doesn't give a flat damn what anybody thinks about what she wears, and I love THAT about her, too!
    I don't think she does either
    ness likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Poor Adele, great great voice, bloody awful dress
    I put Adele's hideous dress right up there with Bjork's swan dress from a decade ago.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    I put Adele's hideous dress right up there with Bjork's swan dress from a decade ago.
    Hmm, it was bad, but not Bjork bad( for me)
    NCLurker likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    bee . . .

You KNOW I love ya.

But, Bjork's dress and Adele's in the same league, or right up there together?

Um, I gotta agree to disagree with you, on that one.

'Specially since Bjork not only wore a swan wrapped around her neck . . .

But, she also dropped/laid an egg (plastic or something, of course!) FROM BENEATH THE SHORT SKIRT OF HER DRESS ONTO THE RED CARPET RIGHT OUTSIDE THE VENUE!

And people think GaGa is a bit off?

Nah.

Methinks Bjork has Adele beat in the strange dress category, my friend.
    NCLurker and bee stung lips like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    bee . . .

You KNOW I love ya.

But, Bjork's dress and Adele's in the same league, or right up there together?

Um, I gotta agree to disagree with you, on that one.

'Specially since Bjork not only wore a swan wrapped around her neck . . .

But, she also dropped/laid an egg (plastic or something, of course!) FROM BENEATH THE SHORT SKIRT OF HER DRESS ONTO THE RED CARPET RIGHT OUTSIDE THE VENUE!

And people think GaGa is a bit off?

Nah.

Methinks Bjork has Adele beat in the strange dress category, my friend.

Okay, I feel where you're coming from but Adele's dress almost made me physically ill. And the matching shoes in the exact same print of the dress??? Eeeewwwww!

My comparison was slightly exaggerated, I suppose. Bjork does stand in a league of her own in that regard.
    NCLurker and ness like this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

+ Reply to Thread