+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4953Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Frankly, I have LONG wondered whether or not DT has some debilitating ongoing mental deterioration happening.

Ya couldn't prove that he DOESN'T, based on the lunatic things he's been saying and doing over the past several years.
    Debb70 likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

He reminds me of someone who throws a big party that lots of people really enjoy at first. Then, as more and more people start getting bored and leaving the party, the guy does increasingly crazy and desperate things to get people to stick around and keep the attention on himself. I can't imagine how anyone who does business with him can take him seriously.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Can you imagine how difficult it will be to take control over things when he becomes incompetent? His poor kids and business associates.....

That's the problem with having a Power Of Attorney. People sign them designating someone to act on their behalf if they become unable to do so, however, the problem is that most of the time, the person is unable to recognize that they are incompetent. They refuse to allow the POA to be implemented and the family has to file in court to be appointed guardian. You have to take legal action to protect the person, because they don't recognize they are not able to do it anymore. It's sad too.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I am sick, to death, of Lance Armstrong!!!! GO AWAY.

Heard Toni Braxton say that she has lost her love for music! I guess it's good to know and accept who you are.
    Shoepie likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I am sick, to death, of Lance Armstrong!!!! GO AWAY.

Heard Toni Braxton say that she has lost her love for music! I guess it's good to know and accept who you are.
    I can understand where Toni is coming from. Pehaps her family has drove her over the edge. When her family came to reality tv, I was surprised. I like Toni, but her family was out there. She was brave to show them off. My, my.......lol

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I can understand where Toni is coming from. Pehaps her family has drove her over the edge. When her family came to reality tv, I was surprised. I like Toni, but her family was out there. She was brave to show them off. My, my.......lol
    Not just brave, she was also getting paid and probably they were too. Maybe she was hoping they would leave her alone if they made enough money.
    Debb70 likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

RE:

Lance Armstrong . . .

Wonder HOW many times and ways he's wished since that Oprah interview that he'd JUST KEPT HIS FREAKIN' MOUTH SHUT?!

Toni Braxton . . .

I haven't yet heard the statement from her about her losing her love for music.

Do I believe she said it? Yep.

Frankly, I think her health problems have contributed to that. In just the past year, year and a half, I believe, she's been hospitalized at least twice, due to complications from lupus and a lupus-related heart condition. IIRC, at the time her lupus was first diagnosed, her doctors basically told her she'd never do live performances or tour again. She proved them wrong, but her health is such now that realistically, I really don't think she's going to ever be able to record/tour at the level she did before her lupus was diagnosed.

The lady really does have some serious health issues.

As for her family and money . . .

"Braxton Family Values" has been on for two seasons, now, and is coming on for a third in March. I've watched all of the shows, so far.

Far as money goes, her youngest sister, Tamar has no worries. She's married to Vincent Herbert, Lady GaGa's manager, and a well-known record producer in his own right. Matter of fact, until recently, Vince used to be TONI's manager, too, and was executive producer on at least two of her albums, that I know of.

Traci lives in Maryland. She certainly is not wealthy, but wants to go back to singing with her sisters again.

Far as I know, her mother, Evelyn, and her sisters Trina and Towanda still live here in Georgia. Towanda has had her share of problems, moneywise (she, her husband and their two children moved in with Trina, Trina's husband, and Trina's two sons for awhile). But she also worked for Toni for awhile, as Toni's assistant. Trina had her own band and released a single last year that did pretty well.

I would think that every member of her family that appears on the show is getting paid something. If I were a family member of hers, they sure as hell would have to pay me SOMETHING in exchange for invading my life and airing my business.

Quid pro quo.

I think part of what's going on --- or HAS gone on --- with Toni is that she loved her sisters, but felt guilty when the record company she started out with wanted to sign HER to a contract, but not her sisters. Ever since, she's tried to look out for them. Three of them toured with and sang backup for her. Towanda became her personal assistant. And so on.

She's made changes (or had changes made FOR her!) to try to feel as though her life is her own. Vince is no longer her manager. She made a move to get backup singers OTHER than her sisters. She moved from Atlanta to Los Angeles to be nearer her doctors. A change that was made FOR her is that her sister Towanda is no longer her personal assistant. And so on.

So, what with the health issues (that affect her musical career) and built-in stress issues of loving her family but needing to distance herself from them professionally (centering on music), I can easily see how and why she'd eventually lose her love of music altogether.

I'm no shrink, and have certainly NOT been behind the door of her life or any of her family members' lives, for that matter.

But based on what I've seen of her and her family on the show and seen her SAY on the show --- AND in other interviews, as well --- I'd tend to think the validity of what I've said in in there somewhere.

And she's got a Lifetime TV movie airing this weekend, too (her autistic son has a role in it, as well).

So, I suppose that's another way of distancing herself from music in a major sense (from what I understand, she still sings in this movie, though).

Just some thoughts and observations.

ETA . . .

Toni wound up doing a reality show with her sisters because there was a bet made, and she lost. She admitted it. If she hadn't lost the bet, I really don't think she'd've done the show in the first place. I heard her say in an interview for this upcoming season that she would still be on the show, but not to the extent that she'd been before. She said that she was going to pull back and let her sisters do most of the heavy lifting there because even though she understood when she agreed to do the show that cameras would be involved, "These people would follow you into the bathroom, if you'd let them!". And she REALLY didn't care for that. She also said there'd been times she'd said/done something on the show in the heat of a moment that she'd not been happy about, but once it'd aired, it was out there and couldn't be taken back.
    Last edited by ness; 02-07-2013 at 04:40 PM.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    He is all FOOL. His middle initial should be 'B'....for Buffoon.
    I always thought 'B' for Blowhard.
    ness likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Anyone know which stars broke the dress code at the Grammy's last night? I saw just a portion of it. Adel looked WONDERFUL!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Was Adele wearing a pot holder?
    ness and Shoepie like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread