+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3913Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Hmmmmm . . .

Looks like the legal shouting is over in the Kate DJ "prank" phone call matter:

Kate Middleton Hoax DJs Will Not Be Charged, UK Prosecutors Say

Got it.

Frankly, I wish those two could and would be charged with something.

But I've got it.

And I bet you, THEY'VE got it, too.

Their program has been cancelled (didn't know that; thought it was just off the air for a time), and I'd like to think that they've learned from this and will never in this lifetime pull another "prank" on anyone ever again, for any reason.

So, in the long run, maybe that's enough.

Kate'sMom and Poppy (in particular) . . .

What are your thoughts?
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Penelope Cruz and husband Javier Barden are expecting their second child.

Penelope Cruz Pregnant, Expecting Second Child With Husband Javier Bardem - Yahoo! omg!
    libgirl2 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    If she didn't want help, I dont think she would have done the article ( jmho)
    I dunno, FM.

The same thought crossed my mind for a minute.

But then I realized --- like shay had touched on, before, I think: Sometimes people will talk because they've been outed, or are about to BE outed, and maybe even told: "This is the info we have. We're giving you an opportunity to say something for yourself, on the record. If you don't want to, that's fine. But our deadline is ___________________, and if you haven't talked to us by then, we'll just go with what we have and put your story out there."

I believe that kind of thing happens because YEARS ago, Elizabeth and Paul Michael Glaser came out with interviews/information that she had been diagnosed as being HIV-positive. When asked WHY they were doing this, they responded that they'd received a call from somebody at the National Enquirer. The caller indicated that the Enquirer had information regarding Elizabeth being diagnosed as being HIV-positive. The Glasers said they were told by whoever the caller was that they could either talk to the Enquirer, or the Enquirer would release the story. The Glasers, IIRC, said they then sat for interviews, etc., themselves that THEY arranged, BEFORE the Enquirer printed the story, because since it was going to come out anyway, THEY wanted to be the ones to tell their story.

In another example, Ann Jillian and her husband, Andy Murcia, wound up working on and with the producers of a TV-movie about Ann's life. They'd gotten wind that a TV-movie about her was in the works. Nobody'd said one WORD to them. They consulted a lawyer and were essentially told: "Ann's a public person. Sure, you can sue. But the very fact that she's a public person gives those guys a LOT of leeway and you probably aren't going to win." As a result of the lawyer's advice, Ann and Andy decided that since the couldn't beat 'em, they'd JOIN 'em, in order to try to get some input and control of what was going to be presented. Matter of fact, Ann even played herself in the movie. She said there WERE some things that weren't correct in the finished product, due to time constraints, "poetic license", etc., but what WAS out there was something they'd chosen to work on, and they didn't get EVERYTHING they wanted, but they DID get most of what they wanted, so they could live with that.

I don't think Susan wound up in the apparent shape she's in now over the course of a year, or two, or three. Yet, her story is just NOW coming to light?

I dunno.

Maybe she'd gotten a heads-up/threat and decided to play ball? Go along to get along?

Seems like that might be a reasonable thought, to me.

And I'm not going to re-read it right this second, but right now, I don't recall her openly, clearly asking anybody to help her out of the mess she's in. I could be wrong about that, and maybe I'll check my memory against that article later on.
    Last edited by ness; 02-01-2013 at 07:51 PM.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

IIRC, Susan had drug abuse problems back in the 80's (along with a few other members of that cast), maybe cocaine. I also seem to remember her being really thin at one point during the show.

I doubt this was any sort of interview with the Enquirer. It's likely that someone tipped them off and they just showed up at her door unannounced, asked her some questions and then published their big "interview." The more I think about it, the more sad and predatory it feels. If they really care about her, they'd do something to help her instead of publishing her sad story for money. If she died tomorrow, I'm sure that would merit another article about her "tragic" life.
    ness likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    IIRC, Susan had drug abuse problems back in the 80's (along with a few other members of that cast), maybe cocaine. I also seem to remember her being really thin at one point during the show.

I doubt this was any sort of interview with the Enquirer. It's likely that someone tipped them off and they just showed up at her door unannounced, asked her some questions and then published their big "interview." The more I think about it, the more sad and predatory it feels. If they really care about her, they'd do something to help her instead of publishing her sad story for money. If she died tomorrow, I'm sure that would merit another article about her "tragic" life.
    ITA.

And the biggest problem is, they DON'T give a damn about her.

It's ALL about the ducats.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Seeing where and how she is living, I'd have concerns about one of her neighbors dropping the bomb, for money, of course. Sometimes when people find out that you've had some fame and you've been recognized, they start thinking, "Now, how can I make this work for me?" Times are hard.
    ness likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I hadn't heard about Susan Richardson until I read it here...looked it up on a couple sites. Saw a photo of her trailer...I think we'll soon be seeing her in Hoarders. She also has cats. She also said she has agoraphobia.
    It could be depression or other mental health problems. Maybe this could be a first step for her getting help. I know we make our own choices in life but sometimes people need a little extra help. Article said she was 60, she looked closer to 80 but with the same long honey colored hair.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

From what I've learned, over the years, that story speaks strongly to drug abuse...more namely meth...but this is just my speculation. She looks like every serious meth-head that I've ever seen. No teeth, living in squalid surroundings, looking unbelievably older than her age, bizarrely low weight....I've never shaken the memory of a woman who was 29 who looked closer to 70. Talk about shocking the senses!! Diabetes is bad and dangerous enough, in itself. If Susan is only weighing in at 60 pounds, I'd expect to see her dead soon.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    From what I've learned, over the years, that story speaks strongly to drug abuse...more namely meth...but this is just my speculation. She looks like every serious meth-head that I've ever seen. No teeth, living in squalid surroundings, looking unbelievably older than her age, bizarrely low weight....I've never shaken the memory of a woman who was 29 who looked closer to 70. Talk about shocking the senses!! Diabetes is bad and dangerous enough, in itself. If Susan is only weighing in at 60 pounds, I'd expect to see her dead soon.
    Sadly yes. I read the article, she always had drug problems. It catches up to you plain and simple. Another person doing poorly is Erin Moran from Happy Days. Sad how you can have so much and then lose it all.
    NCLurker likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

+ Reply to Thread