+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4589Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    For me, it comes down to authenticity. The Presidential Inauguration isn't a music performance, it's a national political event. If Aretha Franklin can sing live (and it was colder in 2009) and Kelly Clarkson can sing live, then Beyonce should too. What this tells me is that her voice just isn't up to snuff and she knows it. All the hype about her being some great singer (which I've never believed) is just bunk.

Kelly Clarkson KILLED IT. Was she perfect? No, but she did a great job and it was authentic. She understood the gravity of the moment. She was humble and obviously tickled pink to be there. Beyonce turned it into a theatrical performance and made it about herself - I mentioned upthread the nonsense with her pulling out her earpiece and then the big dramatic arm thing. If Beyonce claims she didn't have enough rehearsal time with the band, that's on her. She'd known probably for some time that she would be performing, so she had plenty of time to rehearse and prepare. That's what professionals do.

Sorry, maybe I'm not the most neutral person where Beyonce is concerned. I've just never seen the big deal. She's an okay singer, a mediocre songwriter and yes, a pretty girl. There are plenty of women in the industry who have better voices, write better songs and are prettier. I don't care if she's going to lip sync at the Super Bowl. I won't be watching.
    Exactly. The inauguration wasn't the time for Beyonce to be all self-indulgent and make it about how perfect she could sound. It was supposed to have been about honoring her country by singing the anthem from her heart. Good for Kelly Clarkson from her heart and for the right reasons.

n other news....

For those of you who watched Eight is Enough, this is a sad one: Susan Richardson Broke: 'Eight Is Enough' Star Sick, Living In A 'Rotting' Trailer
    Susan Richardson always struck me as an odd bird, but I never imagined she'd end up like this. Heartbreaking. I really can't think of any of the kids on that show who went on to have any sort of long term career. Willie Ames did okay for a while, but he's been kind of a mess for a while as well.
    Heartbreaking. The Eight is Enough show was my life as a ten year old kid. It's too bad that most of the people from this show never went on to decent acting careers. Even sadder to hear of those on skid row.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    Exactly. The inauguration wasn't the time for Beyonce to be all self-indulgent and make it about how perfect she could sound. It was supposed to have been about honoring her country by singing the anthem from her heart. Good for Kelly Clarkson from her heart and for the right reasons.

Heartbreaking. The Eight is Enough show was my life as a ten year old kid. It's too bad that most of the people from this show never went on to decent acting careers. Even sadder to hear of those on skid row.
    BEYONCE

Agreed. And I just saw a Net blurb that said something to the effect of Beyonce silencing her critics by singing the national anthem live at that press conference yesterday.

Silencing her critics?

Frankly, if anything, her singing that song live yesterday --- as opposed to live at the inauguration --- just gave her critics MORE to bang on her about.

Methinks she should've left well enough alone and continued to officially keep her mouth shut about it, since she chose to play ostrich for almost two wees after the bomb dropped, anyway. She's made herself look even more ignorant with that press conference, IMHO.

And Critical, I completely forgot about the arm swoop thing she did at the end that you referred to from your very first post about this, I think. Just another example of attempted misdirection on her part. Good catch!

SUSAN RICHARDSON

I didn't grow UP with the Bradfords (I was already an adult when the series began airing), but I still loved that show, watched it, and stuck with it for its entire run.

I am so very sorry to hear about what's happening with Susan now. Maybe, with this news out, there'll be someone who might step forward to help her. None of us is guaranteed a "perfect" life, no matter what walk of life we come from, or what it is that we do or have done for a living. Its sobering and staggering to think about and reminds me that life and living are the great equalizers. Nobody is immune from possibly experiencing whatever their life's downside may be.

Nobody.
    bee stung lips likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    BEYONCE

Agreed. And I just saw a Net blurb that said something to the effect of Beyonce silencing her critics by singing the national anthem live at that press conference yesterday.

Silencing her critics?

Frankly, if anything, her singing that song live yesterday --- as opposed to live at the inauguration --- just gave her critics MORE to bang on her about.

Methinks she should've left well enough alone and continued to officially keep her mouth shut about it, since she chose to play ostrich for almost two wees after the bomb dropped, anyway. She's made herself look even more ignorant with that press conference, IMHO.

And Critical, I completely forgot about the arm swoop thing she did at the end that you referred to from your very first post about this, I think. Just another example of attempted misdirection on her part. Good catch!
    Indeed, she NOT silence the "critics". She actually brought the topic of conversation back on the issue she'd been trying to avoid talking about to begin with. Seriously, I had already moved on from it, but now that she went out of her way to bring it back up....well, damn...
    Last edited by bee stung lips; 02-01-2013 at 11:32 AM.
    ness likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

This Susan Richardson article......I've learned enough over my #@@ years to be able to read into this article some....it's not so much what she IS saying as what she ISN'T saying. I'd put all of my money on there being more to this story than has been shared here....and she is not required to tell all of her business, but there's more.

People will only tell you what they want you to know. They'll "sit on" the rest unless they KNOW they've been "outed" by somebody....which is not that uncommon.
    ness and Dragonlady like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    Indeed, she NOT silence the "critics". She actually brought the topic of conversation back on the issue she'd been trying to avoid talking about to begin with. Seriously, I had already moved on from it, but now that she went out of her way to bring it back up....well, damn...
    And DOUBLE DAMN!!!

LOLOLOL!!!!
    bee stung lips likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

For REAL! Silly celebrities...
    ness likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    This Susan Richardson article......I've learned enough over my #@@ years to be able to read into this article some....it's not so much what she IS saying as what she ISN'T saying. I'd put all of my money on there being more to this story than has been shared here....and she is not required to tell all of her business, but there's more.

People will only tell you what they want you to know. They'll "sit on" the rest unless they KNOW they've been "outed" by somebody....which is not that uncommon.
    Very good point, shay, and you're right.

Her downslide has apparently been going on for quite some time, so I wonder what happened. I don't recall hearing anything about her --- negative OR positive --- for YEARS.

Still, it's very sad, and I do hope someone can help her in some way.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Maybe she doesn't want help. There is a reason why things have become like they have. Some people have too much pride to accept help; some people have been given up on, for reason. People (on both sides of the fence), generally, make their choices.
    ness likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Maybe she doesn't want help. There is a reason why things have become like they have. Some people have too much pride to accept help; some people have been given up on, for reason. People (on both sides of the fence), generally, make their choices.
    Again, a very good point.

I know from personal, painful experience that the saying "Pride goeth before a fall." is, and can be, all too true. (Trust me, I've LEARNED to scream for help when I need it!)

And I have personally seen people being given up on, for reason.

So, again, another good and valid point.

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    Again, a very good point.

I know from personal, painful experience that the saying "Pride goeth before a fall." is, and can be, all too true. (Trust me, I've LEARNED to scream for help when I need it!)

And I have personally seen people being given up on, for reason.

So, again, another good and valid point.
    If she didn't want help, I dont think she would have done the article ( jmho)
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread