+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4743Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I have been amazed by how many people declare that they are gay! If there are a ton of people now, it makes me realize that they've always been around and invisible. Isn't it something like women - 51%; men - 49%.....and those are figures about the general population.....now, when you consider that the gay factors into both numbers, I'd be curious to know what percentage of each population sector declares "gay". I just think it would be an interesting census/sociological number.
    So true. I recently heard some religious speakers on a conservative radio station talking about how their listerners should support a ban on gays in the Boy Scouts of America. I couldn't believe they were so intent on keeping gay leaders out. Don't they know thry have always had gay leaders in the Boy Scouts? They didn't tell anyone or just kept it quiet, but they have been there all along. Kicking those out who are open about it, doesn't make much sense to me. lol

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

"Religion" can be scary and dangerous.
    Coco46 and JohnnyK like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Beyonce talked about the whole lip synching situation at a press conference today. Of course that was right after she sang the national anthem accappela. She also said she will sing live at the Super Bowl.
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

Quote Originally Posted by umngirl View Post
    Beyonce talked about the whole lip synching situation at a press conference today. Of course that was right after she sang the national anthem accappela. She also said she will sing live at the Super Bowl.
    Heard about it/saw the clip from earlier today.

Let's see . . .

SHE said:

1. She's a perfectionist who did not have time to rehearse with the orchestra for a live show.
    2. This was a very important show for her and one of her proudest moments.
    3. She didn't feel comfortable taking a risk.
    4. It was about the president, the inauguration, her wanting to make him and the country proud, so for those reasons, she decided to sing along with her pre-recorded track.

MY take on what she said:

1. Perfectionist who did not have time to rehearse with the orchestra for a live show? Bull. Seems to me that if she WAS a true perfectionist, she would've moved heaven and hell to MAKE time to practice with the orchestra for a live show. In PARTICULAR, for a live show that JUST HAPPENED TO BE THE INAUGURATION OF THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES.

2. A very important show for her and one of her proudest moments? Excuse me, but I'm not understanding how these words came out of her mouth in relation to this. Re-run my thoughts in #1 from "Seems to me that . . . " and replace "if she WAS a perfectionist" with "if this WAS --- indeed --- a very important show for her, . . . " and continue on from there to the end of what I said.

One of her proudest moments? Really? If so, why did she feel the need to prove her worth as a singer by starting out a Superbowl press conference by giving an a capella rendition of "The Star Spangled Banner" from a lip synch flap about THAT song that originated ALMOST TWO WEEKS AGO? Hell, just who is it she thinks she's kidding? Whether or not she COULD sing the song was NEVER an issue. The fact that she didn't own up to singing to a track when the news first broke and honestly said WHY she did it, WAS.

At least it was for ME, anyway.

3. Didn't feel comfortable taking a risk? Well since she hadn't even made time to rehearse with the orchestra, I'll just BET she didn't feel comfortable taking a risk.

4. It was about the president, the inauguration, etc., etc.? HELL no, it wasn't. What is WAS about, was that she hadn't put in the rehearsal time, put in the work, and therefore felt she needed to have a safety net. What it WAS about, was her stylin', profilin' and frontin', figuring that singing in an evening gown in a weather temp that called for using common sense and having a coat on, then dramatically snatching her earpiece out while she was singing to a pre-recorded track would be enough of a show to fool everybody into believing that she was performing that song live.

And it might've worked, but for the leak from the Marine band/orchestra member.

And even WITHOUT that particular leak, the news would've leaked out in some other manner, ANYWAY.

So now, B assures everybody that she will "absolutely" be singing live at the Superbowl?

OK.

AND?

We're supposed to care and give a flying rat's ass whether she sings live for the Superbowl, when she didn't care enough to put the time and work in and sing absolutely live for the inauguration, and she could have made that happen?

THEN added insult to injury by engaging in the fine art of misdirection with the inappropriate evening gown, no coat when it was called for, and snatching the earpiece out like she was singing for her life, or something?

And having excuses for why she did it that were attributed to her leaking out, but the flap never directly being addressed BY HER until almost two weeks after it happened? At a press conference for another performance that she's supposedly been rehearsing for for at least a couple of months in advance, if the buzz is to be believed?

Please.

JMHO.
    Last edited by ness; 02-01-2013 at 12:20 AM.
    Florimel and bee stung lips like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Fort Member

I still do not understand why Beyonce lip synching is such a big deal. Really, its not like people paid to see her, if they did then it would be whole other ball game. It was the presidential inauguration people were there to see the president Beyonce singing was just a bonus, she was there, it was her voice and we all know she has talent, she did not need to prove it.
    At this stage people seem to be annoyed because she did it, annoyed because she did not come out straight away and admit it, annoyed when she did because it took her so long, annoyed at her answers for doing so, there is nothing she can do now that will make people stop being annoyed. I am definitely not a fan of her's but imo this is just silly reason to be annoyed at her.
    Debb70 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I have been amazed by how many people declare that they are gay! If there are a ton of people now, it makes me realize that they've always been around and invisible. Isn't it something like women - 51%; men - 49%.....and those are figures about the general population.....now, when you consider that the gay factors into both numbers, I'd be curious to know what percentage of each population sector declares "gay". I just think it would be an interesting census/sociological number.
    I'm confused on your post here, Shay.....am not sure what your percentages are referring to....because it's pretty well known that gays make up approximately 3 % of the general population. Or do your percentage refer to how many are openly gay??

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    And having excuses for why she did it that were attributed to her leaking out, but the flap never directly being addressed BY HER until almost two weeks after it happened? At a press conference for another performance that she's supposedly been rehearsing for for at least a couple of months in advance, if the buzz is to be believed?

Please.

JMHO.
    Your whole post summed it up wonderfully.

I guess it took her two weeks to come up with a "viable" excuse. And why sing it accapella now? She didn't sing it live when it should have been sang live, so its irrelevant now after the fact.

And she could lip sync at the Superbowl until the cows come home and I wouldn't give two llama's a$$e$ since mostly everyone lip syncs at the Superbowl and the Superbowl isn't even remotely comparable to the Inauguration in terms of importance.
    ness likes this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    your whole post summed it up wonderfully.

I guess it took her two weeks to come up with a "viable" excuse. And why sing it accapella now? She didn't sing it live when it should have been sang live, so its irrelevant now after the fact.

And she could lip sync at the superbowl until the cows come home and i wouldn't give two llama's a$$e$ since mostly everyone lip syncs at the superbowl and the superbowl isn't even remotely comparable to the inauguration in terms of importance.
    EXACTLY!!!

Talk about bein' a day late and a dollar short!

Don't go away MAD, B.

Just.

Go.

AWAY.
    Last edited by ness; 02-01-2013 at 09:25 AM.
    Florimel and bee stung lips like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

For me, it comes down to authenticity. The Presidential Inauguration isn't a music performance, it's a national political event. If Aretha Franklin can sing live (and it was colder in 2009) and Kelly Clarkson can sing live, then Beyonce should too. What this tells me is that her voice just isn't up to snuff and she knows it. All the hype about her being some great singer (which I've never believed) is just bunk.

Kelly Clarkson KILLED IT. Was she perfect? No, but she did a great job and it was authentic. She understood the gravity of the moment. She was humble and obviously tickled pink to be there. Beyonce turned it into a theatrical performance and made it about herself - I mentioned upthread the nonsense with her pulling out her earpiece and then the big dramatic arm thing. If Beyonce claims she didn't have enough rehearsal time with the band, that's on her. She'd known probably for some time that she would be performing, so she had plenty of time to rehearse and prepare. That's what professionals do.

Sorry, maybe I'm not the most neutral person where Beyonce is concerned. I've just never seen the big deal. She's an okay singer, a mediocre songwriter and yes, a pretty girl. There are plenty of women in the industry who have better voices, write better songs and are prettier. I don't care if she's going to lip sync at the Super Bowl. I won't be watching.

In other news....

For those of you who watched Eight is Enough, this is a sad one: Susan Richardson Broke: 'Eight Is Enough' Star Sick, Living In A 'Rotting' Trailer
    Susan Richardson always struck me as an odd bird, but I never imagined she'd end up like this. Heartbreaking. I really can't think of any of the kids on that show who went on to have any sort of long term career. Willie Ames did okay for a while, but he's been kind of a mess for a while as well.
    waywyrd, ness and bee stung lips like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    So true. I recently heard some religious speakers on a conservative radio station talking about how their listerners should support a ban on gays in the Boy Scouts of America. I couldn't believe they were so intent on keeping gay leaders out. Don't they know thry have always had gay leaders in the Boy Scouts? They didn't tell anyone or just kept it quiet, but they have been there all along. Kicking those out who are open about it, doesn't make much sense to me. lol
    I think what people (BSA) need to be concerned about are pedophiles not the gay community. Of course, religious leaders lump them in one pile (definitely not the same) and hate them all. How uneducated can one be!!!!
    ness and TripleGemini like this.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

+ Reply to Thread