+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5270Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

FORT Fanatic

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    Rand Paul is demanding that Obama resign after this lip syncing "scandal". I suppose when a star lip syncs at the superbowl, the winner should forfeit? For goodness sake, where is the common sense.
    Are you referring to the Borowitz Report about this? If so, he is a satirist and the report is not real (Think: The Onion).

(I'm a huge fan or the Borowitz Report...he cracks me up)
    Shoepie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JulieAnn View Post
    Are you referring to the Borowitz Report about this? If so, he is a satirist and the report is not real (Think: The Onion).

Okay! Now I get it! I thought it had to be a joke from The Onion but since it didn't say anything... and sadly it sounds like something some politician would say!
    JulieAnn likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Rand Paul has gone around the bend....or further around the bend. What a jackass.

How do these people expect to be taken seriously as lawmakers when they say crazy stuff like that?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

To the Point

Critical, it wasn't real. A satirist did the report.

Quote Originally Posted by JulieAnn View Post

Good Lord, should have read further. Derp.

The sad thing is that I totally bought that because Rand Paul isn't all that far from pulling something like that.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I'd just like to add a bit to the conversation here & say that perhaps I'm the only one, but I thought Kelly Clarkson was over the top screamy & screechy. There was absolutely no nuance to that performance.
    Shoepie likes this.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    I'd just like to add a bit to the conversation here & say that perhaps I'm the only one, but I thought Kelly Clarkson was over the top screamy & screechy. There was absolutely no nuance to that performance.
    Kelly Clarkson is notorious for singing out her range. She thinks her vocal range is a lot higher than it actually is. Not only does she sound pitchy a lot of the time bit she always looks like she's struggling to hit those notes. She should do herself a favour and learn to sing more within her range. Her voice will thank her later on down the road. Learn from Celine Dion, who goes out of her way to treat her voice like gold, drinking only certain drinks, no excessive talking or yelling before she has to perform etc.

As for Beyonce, I've been long since over her and her showy, "hey look at me everyone" attitude. And while its not the end of the world that she lip synced the national anthem, I find it ridiculous that a professional singer with years of experience performing onstage would cop out and mime the words to a prerecorded track; the funniest part about it is that she even adjusted her ear piece to make her performance look more "authentic". Listen, if an everyday average Joe Schmoe can sing the national anthem live then so can Beyonce. No one needs her performance to be pitch perfect, all we're asking is that it at least be heartfelt and "in the moment".

That said, props to Kelly for singing live.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AlwaysVeg likes this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

That said, props to Kelly for singing live
    I love Kelly .I always have.Beyonce( meh) I have been over her for some time. I don't care if she did lip sync or not, Madonna has and a few other, no biggie in my life
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I thought Kelly was fantastic and props to her for singing live. Beyonce was fine, I don't mind if they lip sync at an event such as this. Now if I pay to see a concert, that is a different story.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I'm not a fan of Beyonce, however, I think her voice is wonderful. This is my take on anyone who decides to lip sync at a big event. First of all, there is always a chance that your voice may break. You could hit an off note, choke, etc. It's possible, no matter who you are. So if your voice is the slightest bit scratchy, you have to decide which is worse. Is it worse to make the mistake and have the entire event outstaged by huge headlines that your voice failed. Because the crack in your voice will be played over and over FOREVER. The HUGE headlines will be that BEYONCE'S perfect voice CRACKED and ruined an otherwise perfect day. This would be her claim to fame forever.

Then, if you lip sync and don't take the chance of singing live, you risk having your name rolled through the mud for doing it that way. You have to decide which is the choice you can deal with. She made hers and I take no issue with it.

+ Reply to Thread