+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5064Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    The only thing missing was the earth shoes!
    AND the bowl of granola, maybe???
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I cannot believe all of this hubub being made over Beyonce's lip syncing. What was the weather like, is one of my first questions. It's not as if we don't know that the woman has ridiculously, stellar pipes. There are all kinds of legitimate reasons why she could have chosen to sync. I have no problem with it.
    Shoepie and Debb70 like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I cannot believe all of this hubub being made over Beyonce's lip syncing. What was the weather like, is one of my first questions. It's not as if we don't know that the woman has ridiculously, stellar pipes. There are all kinds of legitimate reasons why she could have chosen to sync. I have no problem with it.
    Are you going to feel the same way when she chooses to lip synch her way through the Super Bowl Halftime show? The weather most likely won't be an issue inside the Super Dome in Nawlins!
    waywyrd likes this.

I wish ( if she did lip sync) she would just own it and say why( weather. flu etc) . This guessing game is silly
    AmyKay and Miss Scarlet like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I probably would. All of that reverberation in a dome could be problematic. I still would like to know what the circumstances were......weather is not the only consideration. I'm sure there's a list of issues that could have an effect.

GO RAVENS!!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fanatic

GO Niners!!!!
    There...I fixed it for you....because I knew that is what you really meant to say...

Seriously, though, I mentor a group of new faculty members at my university and we had a meeting today. Two of them are experts in modern culture and social mediated communication. They were talking about Beyonce's lip synching issue and how people will use it as "evidence" that she wasn't really ever pregnant....They said the argument will go something like, "Well, if she is willing to lie about singing then she is willing to lie about other things like her so-called pregnancy."

Me? I could care less whether she sang live or not. There are more important things for me to worry about such as: I thought Amber Heard was a lesbian and now, thanks to this forum, I find out that she's bi and has been dating Johnny Depp! WHERE have I been?

The band that backed her (navy?) said it is a normal thing. There wasn't time for rehearsal. Apparently Yo Yo Ma was recorded at the last inauguration as well.
    Shoepie likes this.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Kelly sang live with no problem. Several articles I read said that the weather should not have been a factor for a singer. It's not like when YoYo Ma performed at the last inaugural and needed to use a tape because the cold affects instrument strings. My uncle is a professional musician and plays several stringed instruments, so I've heard what happens when it's too hot or too cold.

I'm not a fan of Beyonce, but I was impressed with her performance, although I thought the thing with the earpiece and the big dramatic arm at the end was showboat-y and not appropriate. After learning that she lip-synched, I'm back to my usual opinion of her.

I thought Kelly's voice was more powerful live than Beyonce's was recorded. Plus, she didn't take the chicken's way out. I have a lot more respect for her.
    waywyrd, ness and AmyKay like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Rand Paul is demanding that Obama resign after this lip syncing "scandal". I suppose when a star lip syncs at the superbowl, the winner should forfeit? For goodness sake, where is the common sense.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    Rand Paul is demanding that Obama resign after this lip syncing "scandal". I suppose when a star lip syncs at the superbowl, the winner should forfeit? For goodness sake, where is the common sense.
    Because you know, Obama twisted her arm and made her lip sync. Plus if she had sang live, all the worlds problems would have been miraculously fixed?
    libgirl2 likes this.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

+ Reply to Thread