+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5064Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    It was started by 4chan as a joke. There are lots of joke pics with the (I think) #cutforbieber hashtag. Sadly, some stupid Bieber fans actually did it. Stupid girls. If I was a parent of a girl who CUT herself because of a stupid singer, she'd be headed off to military school... one with no access to music OR the Internet!
    I saw some of the pictures. A couple of the pictures of the cut arms had quite a few old scars. I don't know if they were actual Bieber fans, or went looking for pictures online that cutters may have posted. Either way...tragic.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

It's not Justin Beibers fault if he has fans willing to cut themselves. The issue is one mom and dad need to address not Justin.
    Hyper likes this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Fort Member

I dont blame Bieber for his fans they are young and he does not seem to encourage them but Gaga, her fans are nuts, they threaten people and say horrible things and instead of telling them that its not cool, she defends them. I read an article recently that commented on an interview where Kelly Osborne said that she got death threats from Lady Gaga's little monsters. Instead of telling her little monsters that cyber bullying is wrong she wrote an open letter to Kelly blaming her comments on Fashion Police. Had she incorporated that into an apology or at the same time commented on how she should be discouraging cyber bullying but she didn't she just defended her fans rights to say whatever they want because Kelly is not setting a good example by ridiculing stars on Fashion Police
    I am not a fan of Kelly or Gaga but I will admit I like watching Fashion police and the stars seem to take it as the joke it is and for as many negative things they say they often have very positive things to say especially Kelly who tends to be the one on the show who sticks up for people who show their individuality through fashion so Lady Gaga's attitude really annoyed me so I kinda do blame her for her fans
    Plus she set her self up as an advocate for Tweens so she is asking to be a role model so she should at least say something about death threats not being cool
    I think it is probably unfair to make every public figure a role model and I am sure it is difficult for some of them to live up to but unfortunately as long as your craft depends on fans to keep it alive then your going to be one and should try and be a good one at least in public

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    I saw some of the pictures. A couple of the pictures of the cut arms had quite a few old scars. I don't know if they were actual Bieber fans, or went looking for pictures online that cutters may have posted. Either way...tragic.
    I haven't seen any pics of actual cutting. The ones I saw (maybe on The Daily What) were humorous and not real.

4Chan started a trending hashtag a few months ago urging Bieber fans to shave their heads in support of him because he has cancer. It's ridiculous and sad that more than a few girls shaved their heads before bothering to even google to verify if he was sick.

I don't get all the Bieber adulation. He looks like little girl and he's almost 19. I think he's a little punk. He had the nerve to call the President "dude" and showed up to meet the Canadian Prime Minister in overalls and a baseball cap. Can we send him off to live on an island with Taylor Swift?
    Coco46 likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

The way I heard the photo with the Canadian Prime Minister and overalls/cap explained (on Ellen) was that the PM showed up when he was pre/post performing and it was part of his stage get-up. I'm not defending him, just saying you don't always know the whole story from a photograph. He still could have taken his hat off... one of my pet peeves.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    The way I heard the photo with the Canadian Prime Minister and overalls/cap explained (on Ellen) was that the PM showed up when he was pre/post performing and it was part of his stage get-up. I'm not defending him, just saying you don't always know the whole story from a photograph. He still could have taken his hat off... one of my pet peeves.
    I saw that on Ellen too. Beiber said if he were meeting the PM at his office he would have dressed appropriately. He said the pic was taken at his show and the PM's people even setup the flags for the pic.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I cant really despise Bieber over this, anymore than I can despise Gaga over her fans They want someone to rape Taylor Swift.Charming fans
    I wasn't just referring to Bieber himself, but including his fan base and everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I haven't seen any pics of actual cutting. The ones I saw (maybe on The Daily What) were humorous and not real.
    The ones I saw were definitely not comedy. I only saw them because a teen family member shared them on Facebook. Cutting is a big problem among troubled young women. Because of the work I do, I have seen many girls with scarred arms and legs. Any site that makes light of it - well, to me it's on a par with someone sharing dead baby jokes on Facebook on the page of someone who lost an infant to SIDS (something that happened to a friend of mine).
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Well, well, well, seems like Taylor Swift has her sights set on Bradley Cooper. According to this article she asked Jennifer Lawrence to set them up & he said, No Thanks!

Has Taylor Swift set her sights on Bradley Cooper? | Trending - 96.1 Kiss

That makes me like him even more.
    NCLurker, Florimel, AmyKay and 3 others like this.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

+ Reply to Thread