+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5018Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

I think it would be awful to be young & single, and every time you go out on a date with anyone it's splashed all over the tabloids & exaggerated into a huge thing. Not to mention the pictures even if all you are doing is talking to someone.
    You have to be "on" at all times.

Even with my much older & much more boring life, I could only imagine what they'd say about me. Who knows, maybe even I'd find it interesting.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Unless I see more negatives than positive with Taylor, I have to give her a pass. She's still a better role model for my young niece then the raunchy, foul mouthed, substance abusers.
    Just because there are worse examples out there, doesn't mean that Taylor is a good one. I wouldn't want my daughter idolizing a girl who's so focused on being beautiful and who seems to hop from boyfriend to boyfriend like she has no identity without one. Then there are the passive aggressive break up songs. She strikes me as a vacuous phony who wouldn't have a career if she didn't look the way she looks. Her talent (or LACK of it) aside, I wouldn't want my daughter to emulate someone who can't seem to find an identity beyond what boy she's "dating."
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey

There's a difference between writing songs about your life experiences and immediately going from breaking up with an individual to writing a snotty, immature song about them that is nothing more than giving them the finger! Example: Adele's songs reflect her life experiences. She is not much older than Taylor, but her songs have much more depth and meaning and she is not writing them one after another to get back at anyone in a nasty way. I have the feeling that Jake Gyllenhall, or whoever, is very happy to "never never never get back together" ... with HER! If he were a songwriter, perhaps he would have written that one before she did! As far as role models, just because she doesn't do drugs or show her va-j-j, doesn't make her a good one for young girls. God help us if she is!
    Last edited by AlwaysVeg; 01-09-2013 at 08:16 PM.
    dagwood, ness, AmyKay and 1 others like this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I, honestly, think Taylor's biggest problem is having too much money at her disposal at such a young age. Her immaturity just comes screaming through.
    NCLurker, ness, libgirl2 and 1 others like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

I say all of Taylor's past men get together and form a "boy band", and write and record song about her! See how she likes them apples...lol.
    waywyrd, ness, libgirl2 and 2 others like this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    I say all of Taylor's past men get together and form a "boy band", and write and record song about her! See how she likes them apples...lol.
    What would the band be called? Not Swift Enough? (Already Been) Taylor Made?
    libgirl2 and bee stung lips like this.

Taylor Trash
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    Taylor Trash
    Ain't THAT the livin' truth?!

And I read the article that razorbacker gave the link to.

Whoah.

That dude lit her ass up like a Christmas tree!

But, then again . . .

If SHE hadn't opened the door, then he --- and WE --- couldn't've run through it!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    Taylor Trash
    Hey, we could use that for Taylor on RHBH too!

Perez Hilton retweeted a tweet from Taylor yesterday that was something of this sort "back in the studio today...watch out..."
    Ridiculous.
    bee stung lips likes this.
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

+ Reply to Thread