+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5270Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

I read that article, but got side-tracked by the news that George Lucas and Mellody Hobson are engaged. Wow! I read that they've been together seven years. She is one of the most intellectually gifted women I've come across and he is a creative genius. Wow!
    bee stung lips likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    I think the funniest thing is that in California Kris Humphries is considered the baby's daddy.
    It would behoove him to get divorced quickly. He could be held financially responsible. It is the same in MA. I have read that it is Kris is the one slowing the divorce. I don't know what the details are. Anyone know what he wants?

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

He is so convincing as the "by the book" kinda of guy on Criminal Minds, it hard to imagine he getting busted for DUI

Actor Thomas Gibson arrested, suspected of DUI - CenturyLinkô
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain View Post
    Those organizations are incredible! They do so much good, and they get so little attention.

My guess is for social climbing hangers-on like Kim and Kanye it's not so much about the gifts as it is about who gives them what. Like "oh this $5,000 crib came from Beyonce and Jay-Z." I feel like those kind of statements are really important to them.
    What's funny is that initially there were concerns that requiring the classes etc. in order to earn the supplies might discourage people from coming or that they'd resent having to take them or have mentors or whatever. Turned out there was very little difficulty with that at all. A lot of the young parents-to-be were thrilled to have someone to go to for help, as they just didn't have anyone to ask and felt embarrassed that they didn't know things they thought they should know, not realizing that many new parents don't know them. They were actually relieved to have someplace they could go to learn basic things like how to change diapers and discuss more complicated things like the different ways a child might be disciplined if he/she is naughty. They wanted to be good parents, but they just didn't know how to go about getting ready to be good parents.
    NCLurker and JulieAnn like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    He is so convincing as the "by the book" kinda of guy on Criminal Minds, it hard to imagine he getting busted for DUI

Actor Thomas Gibson arrested, suspected of DUI - CenturyLink™
    I know!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Poor Taylor Swift, she & Harry are evidently kaput!

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

This Taylor Swift girl...I dunno about her. Numerous failed relationships and she's the common denominator...hmmm...
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

I'm inclined to think they weren't really dating...just doing it for publicity.
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    It would behoove him to get divorced quickly. He could be held financially responsible. It is the same in MA. I have read that it is Kris is the one slowing the divorce. I don't know what the details are. Anyone know what he wants?
    It my understanding that he wanted to have the marriage annuled, but Kim refused. He was fighting over that. I'm not sure why she would fight an annulment.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    It my understanding that he wanted to have the marriage annuled, but Kim refused. He was fighting over that. I'm not sure why she would fight an annulment.
    I seem to remember reading that he wanted her & her mother to admit that they planned & engineered the whole thing for the show. Supposedly the whole courtship & proposal was all scripted out. For some reason he still believed it was real until right after & he realized he was just a pawn. He was hurt & insulted that his marriage was a sham from the beginning & that they would do that to him.
    They refuse to admit to any of that, so he's the holdout. If they admit to it, he'll end it quickly. They won't, thus the long drawn out divorce.
    At this point they're both playing a game of Chicken.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

+ Reply to Thread