+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4760Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Watched Kathy's special last night and did, indeed, laugh! I just love her delivery. I do enjoy her comedy and will admit that she can go too far but, mostly, she entertains me.

Watched Anderson Cooper this morning, and he can irritate the cat snot out of me! He has this juvenile giggle, and this immature outlook on a lot of things. Annoying!! He can just sound so stoopid! He's like Peter Pan....."I don't wanna grow up!" He is a totally different person on his CNN shows/spots. Much more tolerable. I seldom watch his morning show.

And, as far as men being irresponsible....I guess you get what you accept. If you are desperate enough to accept them coming at you with lame behavior, then I guess you get what you pay for....not much. I've never believed in holding myself to their lower standards just because I am "liberated". I've always wondered why people don't choose to emulate other people's higher qualities, instead of showing that they can do the "gutter crawl" too. I think you should take their "better" standards and really show them how it can be done!
    AmyKay likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

What appear to be "higher standards" to one may not appear to be as such to another. At a particularly bad time in my younger life I received kindness and care from a prostitute, condemnation and a metaphorical kick to the teeth from a good christian woman. No one will ever convince me that it's a given that a whore is lesser than a conservative church-goer, because that has just not been my experience.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Oh yes, I am never surprised at what I see from so called proper Christians. Nothing against Christians. I am one and grew up that way, but the years have taught me that you can see anything come from those who profess to be the proper kind. Adultery, child abuse, spousal abuse, stealing, lying, ignoring widows, orphans and the elderly, etc. It's unreal. Labels don't mean much to me anyone.

I saw Kathy Griffin's concert last night on Bravo. So funny. She does so well on those shows. I'm not sure why she's not funny most other times.

I'm not sure if there is a thread for this. Maybe I'll start one. I find that I have this unwritten list of people I don't care for in the media. They are everywhere for too long and it just makes me crazy to keep seeing them bask in the publicity. I think I'll call it Overexposed Celebs.
    libgirl2 and Shoepie like this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    What appear to be "higher standards" to one may not appear to be as such to another. At a particularly bad time in my younger life I received kindness and care from a prostitute, condemnation and a metaphorical kick to the teeth from a good christian woman. No one will ever convince me that it's a given that a whore is lesser than a conservative church-goer, because that has just not been my experience.
    I fully concur! My point is that it is up to you and your judgment to decide what is a "high standard", even though it doesn't look like it to others. It's all open to interpretation and exploration.

I had a best friend who was poorly thought of by many....men, in particular.....who was one of the best people that I've ever known. I never had a better, more trusted and reliable friend.

I judge people on their individual merits.
    Florimel likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Ugh, I happened to catch a segment on one of the entertainment shows last night with an insider who supposedly knows Kim and Kanye saying that one of the first things they thought about and were excited about when they found out she was pregnant was THE BABY SHOWER! Can you imagine? It is supposedly going to be a huge bash staged by the Kardashians' celebrity party planner. How shallow can these people be? They're excited about having a big party and all the publicity. What about the child these airheads are bringing into the world?

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    What about the child these airheads are bringing into the world?
    More publicity! And photo shoots, and magazine covers....all those two untalented jackasses care about is themselves.
    bee stung lips, Debb70 and JohnnyK like this.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    Ugh, I happened to catch a segment on one of the entertainment shows last night with an insider who supposedly knows Kim and Kanye saying that one of the first things they thought about and were excited about when they found out she was pregnant was THE BABY SHOWER! Can you imagine? It is supposedly going to be a huge bash staged by the Kardashians' celebrity party planner. How shallow can these people be? They're excited about having a big party and all the publicity. What about the child these airheads are bringing into the world?
    If they really wanted good publicity, they'd eschew the typical baby shower and ask the guests to bring gifts that would help stock the shelves of a charity that helps supply poor parents with the things their children need or just make monetary donations to such a place instead. I live in a much smaller city than L.A., and we have quite a good one here that helps supply young, inexperienced parents-to-be with the necessities in exchange for them taking parenting classes, so that the nursery and the parents to be are a little better prepared by the time the baby comes. Of course, they're also there after the baby comes, in case the new parents need more help, and often, those who've gone through the classes are far more comfortable coming in or calling for advice when they come up against something they're not sure how to handle. I believe either that group or another one also sets up mentoring pairs, so that an experienced mom becomes sort of the sponsor for a new mom, so the new mom, who may not have anyone nearby she can go to for help, has someone she can call if she feels like she's in over her head.

At any rate, if they did something like that, they'd still get the publicity and probably even people who didn't much care for them would admit they'd done a good thing. And do they really need anything for the baby that they can't easily afford themselves?

FORT Fogey

Those organizations are incredible! They do so much good, and they get so little attention.

My guess is for social climbing hangers-on like Kim and Kanye it's not so much about the gifts as it is about who gives them what. Like "oh this $5,000 crib came from Beyonce and Jay-Z." I feel like those kind of statements are really important to them.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Josh Brolin was arrested over the New Year's holiday for public intoxication. I have to admit that when I first read "Josh Brolin arrested" my heart skipped a beat and I feared he had smacked his wife, Diane Lane, around again. However, the article says he was out partying with his friends and was arrested shortly before midnight Jan.1. There is no mention of him being in a car driving drunk. I wasn't aware there was a law on the books for public intoxication in California. It seems odd that they would arrest him, unless of course he was creating a disturbance, but that is not mentioned either.

Josh Brolin Arrested For Public Intoxication On New Year's Day

FORT Fogey

I didn't know he had ever smacked around Diane Lane. She's one of my favorite actresses. I have a hard time understanding why women stay with men who have physically abused them, especially women who are not tied to a man by financial considerations, not that I think that's a good reason to stay ... just that I know for some women, they are worried about supporting themselves or where they would live, etc. I would never trust a man again if he hit me. Bye-bye, I'm gone, and his rear end would be in jail!

+ Reply to Thread