+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4617Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    Wouldn't Humphries be liable for child support since legally here in CA, he's considered the father? I guess I don't see how he could get more $$...
    Sue for shared custody rights. If she ever went after a penny of child support, she'd be sunk.
    I have a feeling they'd pay him big to not have to share custody.

Not that any of this is going to happen........I hope.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Will there ever come a day when magazines will turn the K's down and refuse to put them on covers or in magazines? Will the talk show's ever turn them down and not let them be a guest? Even now, I actually wonder if the K's pay the talk shows to let them be a guest. I'm very serious.
    Apparently KK made six figures for her NYE appearance in Vegas. So it appears someone still likes them. I laughed my a** off that Jenny Craig said it wanted no part of KK as a spokesperson for its weight loss program (a la WW and Jessica Simpson). They said she wasn't real enough! Awesome!
    dzigner likes this.

I guess I'm out of the loop. I don't see any reason that having KK appear at your place would help promote it. I don't know of anyone who likes her or anyone in her family. No young people, old people, teens, no one. I don't get where her fans come from or who there are.

If I was selecting a place to go to celebrate and the place announced they were having Kim appear to cheer the crowd on or say a few words, or whatever, I would RUN to another venue. It would be a total turnoff to me. Go figure.

Here's a link about one appearance.
    Kim Kardashian, Kanye West in Vegas for New Year's Eve - Pop Radar - Boston.com
    cmurfi likes this.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I agree Debb70. I'd be running away with you.

There is a BIG difference between being "famous" and being "infamous". She and her most recent choice of significant other make me want to
    TripleGemini likes this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

FORT Fogey

Whether public sentiment is for or against her, she is very very famous. And a lot of people will be excited and be at a club just because someone famous is there. I can't stand the family (although I do have a bit of a soft spot for Khloe) but I would probably go to a club if I had a chance to meet her, just to say I had. One time I was at Hershey Park while Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber were there, and while I don't particularly like either of them, I was excited. It's just exciting to meet someone famous!

Is it really wrong that every time I hear of a way that Kris Humphries can get more money from her I secretly hope he'll do it? I truly believe he was completely duped by them, or even if he wasn't, I just want her to have some consequences for this sham she tried to pull over on us all.
    Debb70 likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    Apparently KK made six figures for her NYE appearance in Vegas. So it appears someone still likes them. I laughed my a** off that Jenny Craig said it wanted no part of KK as a spokesperson for its weight loss program (a la WW and Jessica Simpson). They said she wasn't real enough! Awesome!
    Instead of paying that kind of money for KK--or any celebrity--to show up, why don't they offer some kind of great bargain to the people who actually show up and pay for drinks, dinner, entertainment etc.? Even if it's only a free appetizer, I'd rather have that than the very vague possibility that I'd hear anything more than a few words from a "celebrity." I mean, it's not like all the people at the club are going to get to meet her personally, is it?
    Florimel likes this.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

I don't care about Kathy Griffin in any way....I have never watched her after one time.....but I do think Anderson is taking a big chance on being taken seriously as the journalist we wants to be.
    Anderson doesn't have to worry about an annual uncomfortable by design night with Kathy. The dude hosted "The Mole" and came out just fine.
    Critical and tears.and.rain like this.

Quote Originally Posted by cablejockey View Post

I am for feminism and equal rights--I was a young girl when things got moving in a big way--but what we see women doing these days has nothing of equality or empowerment about it. Somehow we were sold this idea that the only freedom that counts is to engage in as much sex as possible, not to expect anything from the guy in ways of attachment or caring, to only be concerned about your looks and how much men are turned on by you and not be bothered learning, getting a good job or trying to get somewhere in life. Young girls today think they are in control and top of the game, but its the guys who are benifiting, not them.
    Have often wondered that myself....women today don't seem to have a clue that they are not benefiting from all their freedom to act like a man.
    When did women stop wanting to be married and then have children? I thought it was a normal female instinct to set up their "nest" before having a family.
    Why do they not expect a man to commit to them or the family? I'm not saying that things should return to the 40's/50's but I don't think this is the best way. I know they think that they can handle supporting and raising children w/o a man but kids need both parents. JMHO
    Florimel likes this.

FORT Fogey

[QUOTE=cablejockey;4595644]
    Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain View Post
    Yup, I'm sure it's feminism and women's empowerment that makes Kathy Griffin obscene and tasteless. Or maybe she's just an obscene and tasteless person, and the media is obsessed with shock value, and it has nothing to do with women's empowerment.

I am for feminism and equal rights--I was a young girl when things got moving in a big way--but what we see women doing these days has nothing of equality or empowerment about it. Somehow we were sold this idea that the only freedom that counts is to engage in as much sex as possible, not to expect anything from the guy in ways of attachment or caring, to only be concerned about your looks and how much men are turned on by you and not be bothered learning, getting a good job or trying to get somewhere in life. Young girls today think they are in control and top of the game, but its the guys who are benifiting, not them.
    That was my point. The message of feminism and women's empowerment was that women should go out into the world and make the choices they want to make, and that they are just as capable of making those choices as men. It wasn't "be the same as a man by going out and being outrageously sexual" so I didn't understand why it was brought up. That being said, with more freedom, some women will make choices we wouldn't. And I think it's important that women have the right to make those choices - just like men do.
    Florimel, Rattus and JavaJo like this.

Why do they not expect a man to commit to them or the family? I'm not saying that things should return to the 40's/50's but I don't think this is the best way.
    Thing is, MEN have changed, too. They (and by they I mean some, not all) want to sleep around and then not step up to the plate when an "oops" happens. Their first instinct isn't "Oh, I helped create this life, I'm going to do right by her and propose". And in the 40's and 50's, women did sleep around. Many got pregnant out of wedlock but the men "did the right thing". Times have changed and the women shouldn't get all the blame for it.
    Florimel and Rattus like this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

+ Reply to Thread