+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5275Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

When I look at Taylor Swift and realize she's not even two years younger than Adele and THEN I think about the quality of music that Adele put out when she was younger than Taylor....well, there's no comparison. When Adele put out "21," she was a woman. At 23, Taylor is still a little girl. It's just not interesting....except apparently to the legion of teenage girls who idolize her.

Even though she doesn't drive drunk or flash her private bits at the paps, I still don't think she's a good role model. That seems like a very low bar to set for role models. Fine, she writes and plays her own music, but every song of hers that I've heard sounds alike and they're all the same shallow pablum. She's in the news ALL THE TIME and it's rarely, if ever, about anything other than what hapless young man she's attached herself to. Her lack of maturity is evident in the fact that, at 23, she's still attracted to 18-year old boys.

I find her incredibly grating....I know that wasn't obvious at all.
    dagwood, ness, Hyper and 5 others like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Fort Member

She annoys me mainly because she dates a new guy every 3 months and its like she is just using them for inspiration
    I know country songs are generally depressing but that does not mean that when you have run out of material you date someone else and break up with them just so you can write a new song
    Plus whats with buying a house across the road from them all the time she did it with Kennedy and now with the guy from One Direction
    You know your only going to be with the guy for 3 months why buy a house across the road so quickly and if your boyfriend is a part of a band and is going on tour do not offer him a ride to the first destination in your private jet but not allow the rest of the band the same courtesy, if you want them to like you and not call you Yoko
    Just saying
    Anyway I get all my info from E so it may not be accurate but she does annoy me and I dont think her a good role model at all

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

The good part is that she does not tie herself down to just one guy, at her early age. Girls her age should be dating around before they settle into anything long-term.

Unfortunately, she has proven that she is not beyond stalking! What she did with the Kennedy clan was just ridiculously bizarre. I hope she looks back on this time in her life, when she's older, and sees just how foolish she was. Sometimes, it definitely takes getting older and more experienced. Yes, young people, age is MORE than just a number.
    ness and bee stung lips like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    In all things, Taylor Swift is style over substance. I've always thought she was over-the-top fake. Nothing authentic about that girl. After all these years of essentially the same song over and over again, I hope more people are getting tired of her schtick.
    I was tired of her right out of the gate. Her and her lame, "create a fake relationship to have an excuse to break-up and write a song" routine has become extremely tiresome.
    ness likes this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Miscellaneous Celebrity News

She's a passing fancy, like all teen idols. The kids grow up & grow tired of them. It's funny to hear her mentioned in relation to Adele, because my younger daughter has a picture of Swift on her door (with One Direction & Selena Gomez...and, of course, the Biebs) but she has Adele on her iPod.

I can't tell one Taylor Swift song from the other, either. But the same goes for Rhianna, Bieber, Nicki Minaj, etc., etc.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

I'll chime in and say I really dislike her new "We are never getting back together" song.

Fort Member

I dislike that song so much especially when she starts talking in the middle of it
    It's horrible

To change the subject not sure if it has been mentioned but Claire Danes called her son Cyrus Michael
    Very old fashioned but I like it
    JohnnyK likes this.

I really don't think about Taylor Swift at all but have heard some of her songs...before I switch the station.....they are not good, IMO, but many must like her music.
    I also think she has far too many public boyfriends and appears slightly slutty for such an All American Good Girl type that she once portrayed.
    ness likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    I'll chime in and say I really dislike her new "We are never getting back together" song.
    I know many of you don't follow the Billboard charts & especially don't follow Country Music. But, here is what happened.

We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together absolutely failed at Country Radio. The song peaked at #13 & rapidly fell out of the Top 40. Then Billboard stepped in & changed the way they rank the songs. The began to include sales & downloads (which they probably should have been doing all along & no one objected to) but for some unknown reason that the magazine is still trying to explain, they decided that they would include in their Country song rankings all radio spins across all formats including POP. So what happened? We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together Again, a song that had already dropped out of the Top 40 on Country Radio all of a sudden vaulted to the #1 position (due to the amount of times the song was played on Pop Radio) & stayed at #1 for 9 consecutive weeks, an all time record. This means that many many Country artists will never see #1 again. How many times will someone like George Strait, Alan Jackson, Martina McBride be played on Pop radio....um approximately zero! It is a Taylor Swift jury rigged chart & many in the Country Industry are ignoring it & I believe the flash back on the girl is beginning to rear it's head & has been far to long in appearing.
    Dragonlady and AlwaysVeg like this.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Thats the only one I think is okay
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread