Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Oh well, its old news now
    Cant wait for Les Mis
    Shoepie likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Anne has said that she didn't realize how tight the dress would be getting out of the car - I'm sure she just tried it on while standing. Plus, it wasn't a mini. There was a slit, but it was not a mini like we've seen from other celebs. Just an unfortunate incident and I still think it's scummy that photogs sell those sorts of pics.
    dagwood, JLuvs and Shoepie like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Anne has said that she didn't realize how tight the dress would be getting out of the car - I'm sure she just tried it on while standing. Plus, it wasn't a mini. There was a slit, but it was not a mini like we've seen from other celebs. Just an unfortunate incident and I still think it's scummy that photogs sell those sorts of pics.
    That's what I think. You were right, her answer to Matt was very classy
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

You know, many years ago, a perfect stranger asked me what I thought of the dress she was trying on. While I didn't think it was very attractive, I wasn't about to say that, so I asked her if there was an occasion for which she was buying the dress (it was fairly formal). She said, yes, a wedding. Then I said if it was an occasion where she'd be sitting down for a while--like a wedding/reception--she might want to see what it looked like sitting down too. So she tried that, and its short, poofy skirt hiked up and looked positively ridiculous. She actually thanked me for suggesting that, because it wouldn't have occurred to her to see what it looked like sitting down, and she would have been very uncomfortable sitting through a wedding/reception like that.

Ever since then, if I'm buying an outfit I know I'm going to be wearing while potentially sitting a lot (which, when you think of it, is a lot of clothing), I look to see what it's going to look like both sitting and standing, if at all possible. Sometimes there really is a big difference.
    cablejockey and Hyper like this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I have learned to give all of my clothes and my jewelry a test-run. I buy it and I go home and put it on for a while, checking the mirror, off and on. That will usually tell me what I need to know.
    libgirl2 and Dragonlady like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

ABC News man, Sam Donaldson has just been charged with DUI.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    I saw that, how sad. He is old enough to know better.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    OMG, no.

Wow...so much for old adage "older and wiser"...
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    The "prank" by the DJ's was just plain wrong & mean, not to mention dangerous. Especially since Kate was to the point of needing hospitalization.
    But the suicide wasn't their fault. The nurse chose this on her own. She was in no way encouraged or goaded into it by the DJ's.
    She made a mistake & for some reason couldn't live with her own actions.

Whether she had other issues & this was just the last straw, or it was a bad decision based on this one action, we just don't know. But in the end, suicide is a choice. She chose it over those she left behind.

I've known people who chose suicide, and people who were the ones left behind. I know what it does to the ones left & it isn't pretty. They blame themselves & are nagged by wondering if they could have done anything to keep the person from doing it, if only they had paid more attention. It goes on for many years, if not lifetimes.

In the end it's no one's fault but the person who choses it. And that's what it is - A Choice. It's a selfish act. The victims are the ones left behind.

With all due respect, it isn't actually a selfish act. It may seem like that to those of us left behind, but to the one who did it, it is anything but.
    It actually took more than we can ever imagine for them to do what they did.
    It takes a long time to realize this but, trust me, their pain is way more than we can ever imagine.
    mom2 and Florimel like this.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

There have been discussions about the talent, or lack thereof, of one Ms. Taylor Swift in other threads. I didn't really know where else to put this, so Celebrity Gossip seems to be the most likely candidate. Seems as though some in Nashville are beginning to sense the bloom coming off the rose. Read this!

Taylor Swift
    AmyKay likes this.

+ Reply to Thread